ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why does everybody talk about how overrated John Cena is/was when Edge has been just as overrated?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Oct 2010, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

CDMAX is on a distinguished road
Default Why does everybody talk about how overrated John Cena is/was when Edge has been just as overrated?

not taking anything away from Edge, i like the guy but he has 9 World Titles Since 2006, i don't think he has ever had a Quality reign in his career

BQ: Are you looking foward to the Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton match at BR

@ The Viper - WWE? Apex Predator, yes Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton are both overrated
CDMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

????? Ramen ????? is on a distinguished road

Cause Edge hasnt been shoved down our throats like SuperCena, and he can actually make entertaining matches.
????? Ramen ????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Sharky is on a distinguished road

Because John Cena joined the NEXUS would be my guess...

Now people are talking about how overrated ... Randy Orton is.

EDGE is overrated but everyone likes him same with Randy Orton so..........

I mean you can't really say WHY everyone is talking about it.

BQ: The only thing I am looking forward is to John Cena turning HEEL and Randy Orton hitting 10 RKOs in a row on Wade Barrett to retain the WWE title at Bragging Rights.
Sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Misshildy is on a distinguished road

Everyone has to have something to complain about.

Overrated and underrated is just a matter of personal opinion.
Misshildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

?i?? ? h??m???l is on a distinguished road

Before, 2006 he had not achieve being world champion so I could see him winning it a few times maybe 5, but between 2008-2009 his reigns just kept on coming and I always wondered why he kept on winning the title when they were wrestlers in the back who were in desperate need of a world title reign to help elevate there reigns, but then again WWE decides who to put the stap on,(most of the time).

BQ: Not Really.
?i?? ? h??m???l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

The Prototype  is on a distinguished road

Edge is not as overrated right now, and even if he is he deserves it, i mean the guy is truly amazing and he has good wrestling skills. When you compare Edge with John Cena you have to admit that Cena has gotten more cheers than Edge in the past, and he is loved by mom's and kids everywhere. And if Edge was overrated, then he would be the most talked about wrestler in this section which he is not, the most talked about wrestler as of the moment is John Cena. Hope i helped and have a nice day.
The Prototype  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Only One Showstoppa is on a distinguished road

I have been wondering about this too. I think it's because Edge is a heel and Cena is a top baby face and you know what the IWC is like, they hate Cena (well most of them). But unlike Edge, people like him because he's a heel and they don't really notice how overrated Wrestlers are when they are heels. But topbaby facess get noticed straight away if they are overrated or not.

Edge never really had one good reign as World Champion. The longest he held it was about 4 months which is quite ridiculous. He should have holded onto it for like 6-8 months or something. Instead, WWE had him lose the Title every other PPV which is annoying.

BQ: Are you looking foward to the Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton match at BR? Yes. It's something new and fresh. I think it should be a good match.
Only One Showstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Viper - WWE? Apex Predator is on a distinguished road

John Cena is not overrated, he is perfectly rated but not when he keeps winning.

As for Edge: Are you going to say that Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho and Randy Orton are overrated too.
The Viper - WWE? Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote