ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What do you guys think about the destruction of the World Tag Team Titles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Oct 2010, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Michael J is on a distinguished road
Default What do you guys think about the destruction of the World Tag Team Titles?

Does WWE not care about it's lineage and the rich history that it has created?

BQ: What do you prefer, WTTT or the WWE tag titles?
Michael J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

josh is on a distinguished road

I think Vince knows all about the history.

The thing is: Tag Teams don't normally sell tickets and put people in the seats. It could be that you just don't have units like you used to in the 80's and 90's. Maybe the fact that everyone has to be in a stable made it so the tag matches are not what people want to watch. In fact, I have not seen a good tag team match since the Winner Take All Survivor Series with the WWE vs the wannabe WCW group. Maybe most of the performers would rather focus on single matches so there are not enough tag teams to have 2 different tag titles.

You can see, there are several different reasons why. Whatever the reasons, people don't watch wrestling for tag team matches anymore. I realize many people do, but there are not really enough to keep 2 titles going.

I don't think that it's because Vince doesn't care about the history. It's probably just a business decision.
josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

MCMG Finally Tag Team Champions? is on a distinguished road

I Was Pretty Upset To Hear The Official Retirement Of The World Tag Team Championship Of 40+ Years Have Gone Into That Belt And So Many Great Tag Teams Have Held It, Its Probably A Business Descision But The WWE Tag Team Championship Has Only Had 8+ Years Into And Some Good Tag Teams Have Held It, I Guess In The Future We Won't Care About It, But For Now I Guess We Are Gonna Have To Learn To Live With This Descison The WWE Has Made...
MCMG Finally Tag Team Champions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

KENTA kicks heads is on a distinguished road

I actually think this and the Women's title retirement is a good thing because the belts are passed around so much that they are meaningless no matter how prestigious the titles are. So if this is how they are going to run the company than retire the important belts so they don't stain there legacy. Just bring them back when the WWE's number one priority is actual wrestling again and not sports entertainment.
KENTA kicks heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Bilal Shafique is on a distinguished road

Your Own Home Based Business For Just $1500

Start your own home based business today

You receive 100% of profits

Get Paid to your account instantly

Easy Work For Great Pay

www[dot]pastenearn[dot]tk
Bilal Shafique is offline   Reply With Quote