ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

If Nexus had never appeared, where would WWE be today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Shan?? is on a distinguished road
Default If Nexus had never appeared, where would WWE be today?

They have made a massive impact so far and have also given us the chance to see the long awaited heel turn of John Cena, although there is a strong possibility that still might not happen. They have also been John Cena's toughest challenge to date so far in his WWE career.

So, if Nexus had never came to Raw, would WWE be better or worse?

Best answer gets the points.

Well smartass, who has been John Cena's biggest challenge then? Who else can say that they have forced Cena to do something that he didn't want to do and also threatened his position as top face in WWE? Precisely, no one.

I agree that they are only his biggest challenge to date because of the numbers game, but it doesn't take away from the fact that they have cost him numerous title opportunities and then forced him to join them.
Shan?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

jim-bop is on a distinguished road

the same place it is now
jim-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

NORTHERN PEDIGREED is on a distinguished road

Well, since the WWE is abundant with valuable, neverending ideas, I suppose that they would've come up with something entertaining to watch.
NORTHERN PEDIGREED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

kels is on a distinguished road

Probably worse. Nexus opened up a ton of storyline opportunities for the WWE, so where would they be if they hadn't come, you ask? Something dumb, like Edge fighting Cena for the WWE championship or something predictable like that. Plus, nobody ever expected the Nexus to show up.
kels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
bob
Jobber

bob is on a distinguished road

WWE wouldn't change, because they don't give John Cena the title

for WWE to get better ratings, they must give Juhn Cena the WWE Championship more.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Official WWE is on a distinguished road

The same place as it is now! No it has not been John Cen'as toughest challenge so far in his career. where did you get that idea.
Official WWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

xsammyxsuperstarx is on a distinguished road

Honestly who really knows. Nexus has made it exciting im not saying it didnt. For sure it did. But honestly i think it's more better with nexus even though i hate them because they make me super angry, they did a good thing. Because the storyline was getting boring, so having nexus come in was good.
xsammyxsuperstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

susudio is on a distinguished road

well the idea of nexus wasn't that bad of an idea. however, they have taken it just a bit too far sometimes. i don't have a real problem with a team of heels that try to rule the company. wait that has been done before. hhhmmm, let's see here. four horsemen, nwo, d-generation x, evolution, the freebirds. so it isn't such a new thing to have an outlaw band of wrestlers attack other wrestlers to get their way and their shots at the title. i am just a little surprised that they took a bunch of guys that except for one (wade barrett) LOST on nxt season 1 and made them the outlaw band. i would have thought that they would have used some of the more established young stars along with barrett to form the outlaw band. unfortunately i have a feeling that the nexus is kind of a flash in the pan. if you like at the way he (barrett) congratulated cena for beating up on tarver it is almost like he is slowly eliminating the nexus himself so that he gets more of the limelight and title shots. like he is afraid that the rest of nexus will turn on him. not that that hasn't happened in other outlaw bands in the past when the leader was losing control of his group.

i have a feeling that the wwe would have been pretty much the same as it is now with or without nexus. the creative team would have just formed an outlaw band of heels out of some of the existing stars.

as far as nexus being cena's biggest challenge to date. you have got to admit that the only reason that they are cena's biggest challenge is the fact that they attack him and anyone else like a hungry pack of dogs. how can one person fight off that?! on a one on one basis he has had big challenges with triple h, orton and shaemus. of course shaemus is no face and probably never will be.
susudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2010, 08:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Yep Yep Yep What It Do is on a distinguished road

no where because nexus have created lots of story lines
Yep Yep Yep What It Do is offline   Reply With Quote