ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

do you think the undertaker is better than he was in the 90's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Oct 2010, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Alexis B(Holybell) is on a distinguished road
Default do you think the undertaker is better than he was in the 90's?

most wrestlers seem to slow down and lose there performace in the ring. the undertaker was in his prime in the late 90's. thats like 10 to 12 years ago! but man! has the undertaker been incredible the last few years of his legendary career! he hasn't slowed down at all and is still going strong. if anything, i think he moves better than he did back then. he continues to evolve and perfect his holds. in the last few years he has had nothing but classics at wrestlemania(exceptian of mark henry) and has been in the best shape he has ever been in. theres guys that weigh less than him and are 12 to 15 years younger and can't put on the matches he can, or do the things he can do. what do you think?

EDIT: richard.... who do you think you are?? all i was saying is that the undertaker still has it. he can still put on great performaces...... did his match at wrestlemania 25 or 26 not impress you? before you go calling me stupid, i was talking about how good his fitness is, not his health.
Alexis B(Holybell) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2010, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Richard Briere is on a distinguished road

If u don't think that he's slowed down ur obviously stupid, there is a reason y he gets a laid back schedule n slowing down is part of it. I bet u never saw him perform 10 years ago if u think this man is in the best shape he ever been. Ur probably some 13 year old John cena/ face lover who knows nothin bout wrestling....just because u seen bearer for the first time in ur life and taker is punching away at Kane doesn't mean his in the best shape ever. Nothing to take away from take cause he's a great performer but the guy had countless surgeries, he is not in the best shape ever after surgeries so think before u ask a question
Richard Briere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2010, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Awesomeness Personified

The Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the rough

Yeah but thats why he is a legend because he has been so good for so long. I feel like now hes becoming a little to MMA style to be The Deadman it makes me think he needs to go back to the ABA because the fighting style he uses would fit that gimmick a lot better.

The Awesome One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2010, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Sopp is on a distinguished road

Yeah the 4 matches he has a year are all great... YAY taker!
The Sopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2010, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

King is on a distinguished road

he slowed down but dammit he's still one put one hell of a performance
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2010, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Jellyjook is on a distinguished road

No he's slowed down. He's not the best in ring wrestler, of course not, but is he still good for his size and age? Hell yea! Undertaker was never a great in-ring technician, but he's one hell of a preformer.
Jellyjook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2010, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Drizzy is on a distinguished road

hes slowed down but hes won more world titles nowadays
Drizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2010, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Chicago Knight is on a distinguished road

No.He's slowed down.But then again,he's 45 years old now.

When he first came to WWE,he was a young 20 year old man.Now,he barely shows up for shows and gets injured easier than Mr.Kennedy.Hopefully,he'll retire at WM 27.
Chicago Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2010, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

THE BOTTOM LINE!!! is on a distinguished road

I don't think so..for the simple reason that he can't keep up with the WWE schedule anymore. He wrestles less than half the year, does his best in the ring then dissappears for many months.

If he had to put on some good matches like he has with HBK, his body would break down and he would have to retire. The reason he's able to go as long as he has is because he's barely around anymore and wrestling. It also seems like he's wrestling less and less as the time goes by.

When he was younger he wrestled a full time schedule and was able to keep going, he's not able to do that anymore or his body would not be able to handle it. So though we can't tell cause he doesn't wrestle as often, his body and him in general has slowed down a lot from when he was younger.

Sure he can put on some good matches, but if any other talented wrestler wrestled less times a year, he would be able to do more in one match also because he wouldn't have to worry about doing all of that night in and night out. The Undertaker is aging and it shows..and nothing wrong with that because he IS up there in age, but in no way is he better than he was over a decade ago. Give him the schedule he has now, back when he was younger, and he would be able to perform just as well as he does today if not better.

So no, he's not better than he was in the 90's, his body just can't handle the schedule the WWE has like he used to, so he has a lighter schedule. So since he wrestles less often he does his best in every match he's in. He wouldn't be able to do that if he was wrestling full time, if anything, if he tried to wrestle full time today, he would retire not too long afterward cause his body just won't be able to do it anymore.
THE BOTTOM LINE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2010, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

*~Show_Stoppa~* is on a distinguished road

i think he still has good matches, but i disagree that he is still as good, or better than he was. His body has taken a toll and his age has played a huge roll. i notice that he wont do some of the crazy things that he used to do in matches. His WrestleMania 25 match impressed me, that was surely one for the ages, but not his recent WM26 match. and that doesnt even hold a candle light to some of his other matches back in the day, like the Hell in a Cell match vs. Mankind. If you havent seen it, it is a must see. i compare all of the hell in a cell matches to that one, and none of them even come close. he doesnt use the ring to his advantage as much as he did do either. when paul bearer came back and we seen him do that flying close line, i was actually alittle bit sad, it just didnt look right. i say it was more Kane's fault for turning around too quick and having plenty of time to react before getting hit though, but even with that said, their first feud i would say, cant hold a candle to this one, and the matches surely dont get as much hype as they did. like the inferno match for example, something never before seen. I remember when Kane first entered the WWF coming down that ramp with Paul Bearer, even when he pulled that cell door off, we were all in shock, and after that devistating tombstone (which got HBK the pin [heck yea.lol]), we still couldnt say anything. the only thing i can remember saying was H** YEA HBK WON!
*~Show_Stoppa~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2010, 01:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Clown Prince of Crime is on a distinguished road

More experienced, yeah.
The Clown Prince of Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2010, 01:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

The Great OneŽ is on a distinguished road

Yes, I think he is. Many might compare The Undertaker to being the UFC's RandyThe Natural Couture who seems to be getting better with age. The Undertaker is

a seasoned veteran who is 45 years old. The Undertaker debut November 19, 1990

in the World Wrestling Federation back then it was a much different time in WWE

they only did 4 pay per view shows a year Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summer

Slam Survivor Series. Later, they added the other monthly WWF In Your House

pay per view events the first one took place on May 14, 1995. Now, at days WWE

is a World Wide Phenomenon they wrestle all over the World and sell out Arena's

in every city they do shows in. The Undertaker does seem to be getting better w/

age and that's good to include both matches with Shawn Michaels Wrestlemania

25 26 to support your reasons for asking this question the Undertaker is one of

the true pioneers of the Attitude era, a true legend (18-0) winning streak record at

Wrestlemania events, he's a great wrestler and he just keeps going strong. Many

people are saying that Wrestlemania 27 will be his last match and the he retires.

My all time favorite personal Undertaker match vs. Kurt Angle at No Way Out '06.

@Richard Briere she's not stupid or ignorant. She's not a kid she's a young girl

in her early 20's who knows a lot about wrestling being that she only started to

watch wrestling 4 years ago in 2006 and she happens to be a friend of mine and

if your not going to be polite in answering questions don't answer questions at all

we don't need you to be trolling here and giving rude responses. The Rock says,Know your role and shut your mouth, how dare you Jabroni come to The Rock's

show Smackdown and not even have the class to introduce yourself what is your

name? It doesn't matter what your name is! Your role know it your mouth shut it!
The Great OneŽ is offline   Reply With Quote