ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

who is the mick foley of wrestling day?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2010, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

p.k. subban is on a distinguished road
Default who is the mick foley of wrestling day?

BQ why does every body like mick foley, and would you want mick foley in his prime in your side in a bar fight. i sure a hell would.
p.k. subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

A0S9D8F7G6H5J4K3 is on a distinguished road

Your English be broken tad bit.

Nevertheless, Mick Foley is a wrestling legend. His hardcore matches are amazing, of course. The Hell in the Cell with Undertaker is one of the top moments in the sport's history.

I certainly will be watching Impact on Oct. 7 (next week) to see Foley take on Flair in a Last Man Standing match.

I'm hoping it will be as good as the I Quit match the two had at SummerSlam a few years ago.

www.dailymotion.com
A0S9D8F7G6H5J4K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 04:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Broken Dreams is on a distinguished road

Who is Mick Foley of wrestling day?

He is a hardcore legend who since the 80s was always ahead of the times until the attitude era when it finally caught up to him and Foley turned to a lesser hardcore approach with a sock.

I always remember Foley for his ECW anti hardcore promos he did back in 1995, and his matches with Undertaker spanning between 1996 1998.

That Foley is still a big name today who is still respected and gets a huge reaction always in TNA (as well as in WWE if he was there) shows how great Foley was and still is, despite him being a physical wreck.. he can still go with the other veterons.

BQ: People like Mick Foley because they respect everything he has done in his career putting his body on the line and for innovating a style that the fans love.

Foley is respected.

Yeah course I'd have Foley on my side in a bar room fight, he along with JBL Ron Simmons.
Broken Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Mark is on a distinguished road

Abyss is the Mick Foley of today's wrestling.

BQ: Mick Foley's the man regardless.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

buzzardfur is on a distinguished road

Mick foley is the same as ever, just a little older and smarter, I've watched him in the NWA, I think that's where he started, then in the WWE, WCW,ECW, and finally on TNA, I've had the privilage to see him in action twice, both times as Cactus Jack. He was a little younger then, and to this day I would fight ten people if I had that mean s.o.b fighting at my side. I think he can still whip anybody and that includes Ric Flair at Bound for Glory.
buzzardfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

frank is on a distinguished road

Mick Foley
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN BROTHER is on a distinguished road

Mick Foley is a legend. His list of accomplishments and contributions to the sport are vast to say the least. He had matches in Japan solidifying his hardcore status through the use of barb wire, nail boards, tacks, even c-4 and exploding rings. He gave us his ear in WCW, he backed ECW with his name and star power, he gave the ugly and cast offs a frontman in WWE. His mic work is almost unrivaled. His repertoire of great matches speaks for itself. He has held gold all over the world, from his time in Japan, to WCW, ECW, WWE, and TNA. Over the course of his career he has given his body, his health, literally his flesh and blood to the fans. The man is the epitome of passion in wrestling, and will be remember as one of the greatest hardcore wrestlers of all time.

BQ: I pretty much answered that already lol. But why we like him so much is because he is the everyman. Hes nothing special to look at, doesn't do flashy or athletic moves. He is someone we can all relate to. He is honest, humble, and genuinely loves the fans and the business. When people talk about wrestlers most deserving, Foley embodies that aspect.

And would I want prime Foley on my side in a fight, hell yeah I would. The guy beat himself up last night, just think of what he would do to others lol.
LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN BROTHER is offline   Reply With Quote