ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

BE HONEST WWE FANS IN THE HALL OF FAME?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2010, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

p.k. subban is on a distinguished road
Default BE HONEST WWE FANS IN THE HALL OF FAME?

DID YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT SOME OF THE INDUCTEES, LIKE I ONLY LIKED, LATINO HEAT, STONE COLD, BRET HART, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SHAWN MICHEALS, MICK FOLEY, AND THE ROCK.
p.k. subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Aide is on a distinguished road

When you watched wrestling for 25 yrs like me you begin to appreciate more of the vintage (as Micheal Cole would say) performers that you grew up watching not just the brand name guys WWE has rammed down our throats over the years although several of the men you mentioned are truely great.
Aide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Broken Dreams is on a distinguished road

I've been quite vocal in the past on how I think the WWE HoF is a joke.

How can Koko B Ware be on the same pedistol as Ric Flair, or Stone Cold Steve Austin or Bret Hart or The Rock or Hulk Hogan?

I dunno about the different wings or what not, and if that's just a figure of speach, tho I know the celebrities are held seperate such as mr Tombstoned by Kane 3 times (Can't be bothered trying to remember his name)

The wrestlers who were before my time, to me their induction is an education, a name I can study from and learn more about professional wrestling.

But all in all, the HoF is a part of the WrestleMania feeling, if a wrestler isn't on good terms with Vince McMahon then he doesn't get inducted, erelevant to what he contributed to the wrestling business and/or Vince's very own company.

Wrestlers themselves, such as Ultimate Warrior refused an induction because he felt Vince wasn't paying him enough?

Money?

An honor dedicating their career boils down to a business relationship and a pay cheque?

Despite all the wrestlers inducted who I have grown up admiring hating... whatever, it's erelevant, the product itself is portrayed as nothing more than another DVD release to up the WrestleMania DVD sales, and to charge fans to go watch it.

That isn't honor.

I can't get emotionally involved in a product that contradicts everything it is supposed to represent.

Instead I'll go through the motions... my only thought is... cool, this guy must be on Vince's Christmas Card list, because whatever they have done in their career is not a reason they were inducted. So why should I care just because of the HoF.

I will have already cared about that wrestler before if I'd seen him.

If not, again, it's an education for me.
Broken Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 04:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

buzzardfur is on a distinguished road

All the guys you mentioned deserve to be in the hall off fame, and there are many, many more.
buzzardfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

A0S9D8F7G6H5J4K3 is on a distinguished road

Like the Baseball Hall of Fame, sometimes the person deserves to be there, sometimes they don't, and there are many people who do deserve to be there who aren't.

Many WWE Hall of Fame entries are just celebrities: Bob Ueker, Pete Rose, William Perry. The fact that they got put in there before people like Lou Thesz is a disgrace to the sport.

Why is Lou Thesz still not in there? He helped build this sport in the Golden Age of wrestling. The man wrestled up until 1990 when he was 74 years old. Why in God's name did WWE not put him in?

What also bothers me is when people get inducted together. Terry Funk Dory Funk, Jr. deserved separate entries, for the fact that they accomplished most of the things in their career as singles competitors.

Where's Randy Savage? Where's Jake The Snake Roberts? Where's Haystacks Calhoun? Where are so many legends who belong in there but aren't?

I do care about the WWE Hall of Fame, apparently more than WWE does.

www.wwe.com
A0S9D8F7G6H5J4K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Official WWE is on a distinguished road

Apparently you haven't watched wrestling for very long and don't know many of the older wrestlers, I have been watching since 1965 so yes I do care.

To the one who said if they were on good terms with VInce they don't get in, is false, Bret Hart was not on good terms when he himself (not his family) was inducted, Paul Orndroff was not on good terms with Vince and he was inducted. Jesse Ventura was not on good terms with Vince he was inducted.
Official WWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

frank is on a distinguished road

Don't really understand the question are you saying the guys you listed don't belong in the hall
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
I Says Pardon?!

The Bad Guy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Bad Guy

Some of the inductees I'm indifferent to, just because they were before my time, and I can't build an opinion from a highlight reel of their careers. But, I respect all of them, because they helped pave the way for current superstars. And It's great that WWE is acknowledging their hard work and immortalizing them as best they can by inducting them.
The Bad Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Viper - WWE? Apex Predator is on a distinguished road

Yeah, and I cant believe The Rock isn't in the Hall of Fame, WTF!
The Viper - WWE? Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 05:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN BROTHER is on a distinguished road

I wil agree that there are guys in the HoF I feel shouldnt have ever been inducted, and there are guys I think should have been in years ago who arent. Its just a matter of opinion. But at least WWE is doing something to pay homage to the greats.
LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN BROTHER is offline   Reply With Quote