ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is Randy Orton a heel or a face? BQ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2010, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

MeeMoo is on a distinguished road
Default Is Randy Orton a heel or a face? BQ?

I've watched wrestling since like 2005 and then went off of it about 2008. I've started just watching WWE Experience since about mid-August and am only just starting to get the hang of how everything is now. There just seems to be so many new wrestlers and all these things like the PG Era and all that stuff that I have no clue about. The BQ would be to basically try and explain, best you can, just the whole thing about WWE like this PG and that.
MeeMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Original Mizfit (2003-20..) is on a distinguished road

Orton is a face.

BQ:Because linda mcmahon is running for senate(she wont win) so vince wanted to back her up. Her oppenents used wrestling against her. So linda wanted to run again. So vince turned wwe pg. The pg era will be over in 2015
The Original Mizfit (2003-20..) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Silly Girl is on a distinguished road

I don't have time to rundown the entire picture in WWE but Randy Orton is a face. He is an edgy face that does a lot of the same things he did when he was a heel but he is a face. In fact, I'd say he's surpassed Cena as the biggest face in the WWE. An Irish Dude named Shamus has risen very quickly as a top heel and is a two-time WWE champ. His title runs have been duds but he is getting better and better. There is a great feud between Kane and Taker on Smackdown for the WHC. Most of the pay-per-views are now themed, which I think is kind of dumb. Edge is feuding with a laptop and a bunch of rookies named Nexus took over Raw for a while. Sunday will tell the end of that story (or the beginning of a Cena Heel turn I never saw coming). And PG just means there is no blood and sexual content and stuff. People make a big deal about it but I don't think it has effected the product.
Silly Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 03:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Viper - WWE? Apex Predator is on a distinguished road

Face
The Viper - WWE? Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Fabian is on a distinguished road

face

got more cheers than cena

thats saying something
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2010, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN BROTHER is on a distinguished road

He would be considered a tweener actually, a guy who acts like a heel (beats up who crosses him, doesnt take lip from anyone, etc) but is so over with the fans that everyone loves him, like SCSA. The new stars cant be helped as WWE has made a lot of releases since you quit watching, some guys left due to unhappiness with managment (or vise versa), hectic work schedules, etc. so the WWE is trying to create the next generation of superstars. Its nothing new, just something that has to be done to keep the future of the company solid.

BQ: I dont agree that WWE is PG because of the Linda McMahon senate run. WWE was PG long before today and was for decades. The Attitude Era brought forth a new format as they HAD to do something drastic, violent, and different from their normal content as WCW was killing them in the ratings due to the mature level of what they offered. ECW was also coming up and was known for pushing the envelope. Vince was a lot closer to losing WWE than people will admit so it was purely a change of nessecity. Due to WCW and ECW making poor decision with mergers and booking, WWE was lucky and came out on top. Now that they have no competition, no rival that can surpass them anytime soon, they have gone back to its original plan, to have a wrestling show that can be enjoyed by anyone, whether your 5 or 95. They want to cover all age groups and promote a safe, healthy, and family freindly show, just like it was for years before the violence of the 90s. WWE has been under fire for a long time due to steroid scandals, deaths galore, etc. So now they are taking from that and doing what they seem as right for everyone involved. No chair shots to the head (due to the severe risk of multiple concussions over time, Benoit anyone?) , no blood (so kids can enjoy), watered down movesets and banned moves (to protect its stars from injury), etc. So basically what I see it as is just WWE doing what it wanted all along, to promote family fun with wrestling and keeping the investments involved (and themselves) safe.
LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN BROTHER is offline   Reply With Quote