ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Don't you hate when people try and compare The Rock and Stone Cold with today's current wrestlers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Sep 2010, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

CDMAX is on a distinguished road
Default Don't you hate when people try and compare The Rock and Stone Cold with today's current wrestlers?

There will Never be another Stone Cold or The Rock, they aren't even once in a life time wrestlers, we were luck enough to be around when they were at there best, we enjoyed them, and i hate when people compare Orton to Stone Cold and Cena to The Rock, no doubt Orton and Cena are the current best at working the crowd since Austin and The Rock but they aren't the next Rock or Austin

**lucky** i ment not luck
CDMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2010, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

My Apex Champ! is on a distinguished road

I understand comparing. But you have a point, there will never be anyone just like either of them. It doesn't bug me at all though when people say so. It's a good way to point out the positives in some wrestlers.
My Apex Champ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2010, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Todd B is on a distinguished road

It bugs me because Rock and Austin are in a totally different league. Cena sucks and Orton probably is the best of the new generation but that isn't saying much.
Todd B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2010, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

SiR. GeO is on a distinguished road

I don't hate it because people just like to compare..some people go overboard and say that they are the next Stone Cold and The next Rock..so i can understand getting mad about that..i don't mind comparisons..i agree that there will NEVER be another Stone Cold or The Rock because that's the truth..they were two of the greatest legends in the history of the WWE..Randy Orton has similarities to Austin but he will never be The Next Stone Cold..John Cena (in my opinion) has no similarities to The Rock at all so i don't understand that comparison..but to answer your actual question, no i do not hate when people compare the superstars of the past to the superstars today, but i don't like it when they say that someone is The Next of something..i think WWE superstars work hard to form their own careers and make a name for themselves and i personally would prefer being remembered as the one and only me, rather than the part two of something..
SiR. GeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2010, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Macaw Parrot is on a distinguished road

Yeah. They gotta compare someone to DASHING Cody Rhodes or something. Hes the future of the WWE.

Chuck

Norris.
Macaw Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2010, 10:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

frank is on a distinguished road

Yes todays stars aren't in the same league
frank is offline   Reply With Quote