ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What did you think about Von Erich's IC Championship title run in the WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Raiden is on a distinguished road
Default What did you think about Von Erich's IC Championship title run in the WWE?

Did you like the match he and Mr. Pefect had at Summer Slam?

Do you think if he did die he may of made it to the top of the card or do you think much like Henning that he may of only gained the IC title?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY17aAV2ETU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwDZ3...eature=related
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Nathan S is on a distinguished road

WWE wrestling is fake.
Nathan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Broken Dreams is on a distinguished road

I think The match concept behind Texas Tornado's Intercontinental title reign was over shadowed by Mr Perfect's performance, and of course the fans noticed that which in turn made Von Erich look like he wasn't attracting viewers.

Mr Perfect was throwing himself around that ring at SummerSlam 90 selling for the Texas Tornado which made Tornado look good, but here's the problem.

The fans never had the opportunity to connect with Tornado because he was pushed too quickly; the fans had been watching Mr Perfect for over a year previous. That's why even tho Perfect was doing his best to make the Tornado look like a million dollars, it didn't work.

It was an error by the WWF as a presentation company that only made Texas Tornado look like a fluke which instantly killed the rivalry because fans didn't take him seriously.

That's why Perfect immediately won the title back and why Tornado never got another title shot again.

I thought their SummerSlam match was really good on a very good PPV.

It seemed to happen all too quickly with no pase or adjustment and rather a sprint to the finish, but it was fun tho when I 1st watched it (when I was 10) I wasn't happy about Perfect losing lol.

I think Perfect told a really good story... underestimating your opponent is not a good idea, especially when you know nothing about him.... a lesson I adopted later in my life with other things.
Broken Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Texas Diva is on a distinguished road

it was descent
The Texas Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

David Otunga Sux Monkey Turdz is on a distinguished road

It was OK. I've seen shoot interviews though where wrestlers said the only reason why Kerry got a huge push everywhere he went was because he had a huge female fan-base and that Kevin was the better wrestler overall, but Kerry was more marketable because of his popularity with the ladies.
David Otunga Sux Monkey Turdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

murphdogg4 is on a distinguished road

I loved seeing him win it, hated him losing it so quickly. People on here forget the crowd pop Von Erich was getting. Sure he wasn't the best worker in the world, but he was built like the Warrior and was a hell of allot better worker then UW was. Based on his looks and his crowd pops if he'd of been able to keep his personal life together I think Vince would of gave him the strap at some point.
murphdogg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

jack is on a distinguished road

As someone that grew up watching the Von Erichs down in WCCW, I was absolutely ecstatic that he won the IC title in WWE. It felt like one of our hometown kids who end up in the NFL or NBA.
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Coitsta is on a distinguished road

I agree with whats been mentioned. A lot of people did know who he was but didnt get over with a lot of the fans for various reasons. He hadn't established himself with the WWE (WWF) fans.
Coitsta is offline   Reply With Quote