ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Should Vince just cancel NXT and only have RAW and SmackDown (more inside)?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2010, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

B?????y (X9) is on a distinguished road
Default Should Vince just cancel NXT and only have RAW and SmackDown (more inside)?

Three brands are just horrible. I LOVE seeing just two brands and seeing those brands at war. It will make Survivor Series better (like before), it would probably stop all the gimmick pay per views, these FCW divas and superstars can just come into the WWE, we wouldn't have a bunch of NeXuses or a bunch of useless rookies like Titus O'Neil and Eli Cottonwood, this would make the draft mcuh better, we wouldn't have a thousand great stars on RAW and it would make me watch WWE more! What do you think?
B?????y (X9) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2010, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Edge Spear is on a distinguished road

I think there should just be 2 brands too but on those 2 brands there should be even amount of main event wrestlers because right now on Smackdown there aren't many main eventerswhereas there are alot on Raw but I think there should be a show like NXT but it should be all male rookies, not divas because that is boring to me. A show like Superstars shouldd be gone because it's just a waste of time, I mean if they want to make mid-carders shine then they should just make them shineon the main shows Smackdown or Raw.
Edge Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2010, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Starhawke Enigma is on a distinguished road

I agree - just stick with RAW and Smackdown
Starhawke Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2010, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Suicidal D is the next big thing is on a distinguished road

I don't see the purpose of NXT I enjoy it and the new wrestlers coming in but then WWE doesn't even use most of their wrestlers so why add more so I think the opposite get rid of superstars. Add a third brand but better than ECW because once the New Breed left all it ECW was a mid-card show. Bring back the cruiserweight title, TV Championship, actually have tag teams compete and allow the divas some time to wrestler so they don't bore us with their 2 min matches. That way an equal amount of Main event, Mid-card, and divas could shine all on different shows. The only problem is that bragging right match would have to be a tornado elimination free for all.
Suicidal D is the next big thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2010, 06:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

Peter D - representing East Asia is on a distinguished road

it is still 2 brands, nxt are just newcomers trying to make a name for themselves then would move to either raw or smackdown, i prefer nxt over ecw but wwe superstars should get taken off
Peter D - representing East Asia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2010, 07:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Shan?? is on a distinguished road

I don't see NXT as being a brand. I don't think it is possible to call NXT a brand, when it only has 8 Rookies and 8 Pros competing on it, whereas both Raw and Smackdown have about 50+ superstars on their respective rosters.

NXT is more of a competition. The winner receives a title shot at the PPV of their choosing. On Raw and Smackdown, anyone can get a title shot and they don't need to win anything or go through these Rookie Challenges. That is the main difference between something being labeled as a brand and something being labeled as a competition.

Taking everything I just said into consideration, then no, NXT should not be canceled. It is the best place to see the up and comers, who are also the future of the very business. It is also a great place for them to hone their skills and also get some decent TV time. Also, sit back and look at the stars it has produced in the WWE over the last few months. Kaval is now a member of the Smackdown brand (where he will be used right and won't fade into insignificance) with a title shot waiting in the wings and Danielson has a match for the US title against The Miz at Night of Champions (which will probably be the best match of the night and hopefully bring some prestige back to the title). To cap it all off, Wade Barrett has a WWE Championship match against four (soon to be five) of the top superstars in the company today.

These stars will continue to be made, I have no doubt about that.
Shan?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2010, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Elation is on a distinguished road

I don't think NXT is as useless as you think. NXT shows that WWE has more of structure, process and goal than most people think of. It also makes the WWE look like an academy not just a show with chaotic people. In addition, the show gives short prestige to those mid-cards and lower mid-cards who never got any world title but worked for years in the WWE. Sure, Titus, Eli, Darren is not as talented like others but they can be used as jobbers to upcoming wrestlers such as Tyler Black.
Elation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2010, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

xBlindedByFearx is on a distinguished road

Yes NXT Sucks
xBlindedByFearx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2010, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
jam

jam is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jam Send a message via Yahoo to jam Send a message via Skype™ to jam

yeah, when i read the question i thought no way but having two brands battling at survivor series would be good again. so vince should cancel nxt and have just two brands
jam is offline   Reply With Quote