ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

My list of superstars most skilled at promos. Agree or disagree? if you disagree, what is yours?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Sep 2010, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Equal rights for black male P. is on a distinguished road
Default My list of superstars most skilled at promos. Agree or disagree? if you disagree, what is yours?

GREAT

BEST : John Cena (as a face, is just natural on the mic. never catch him stumbling or trying to come up with stuff to say or saying anything that makes him look overly stupid. If he does, he fixes it with a good joke or just makes fun of the situation which shows his eloquence)

SECOND BEST : Edge (When in character, Edge has this in the zone crazed persona that never runs out of things to say, always has a response, and can go on and on and be entertaining. A natural. BAD SIDE to Edge is I noticed he sucks at promos when he's a face. Maybe it was the fact that he had been heel for so long but Edge sucked at promos earlier this year when he was a babyface, repeatedly screaming spear for half of the promo)

SECOND BEST : Kane (Before Kane's recent feud with The Undertaker got underway, I never really thought he was that good on promo. I don't know if it was that I didn't see him enough or he didn't cut promos enough but he has proven himself to be unstoppable in the world of promos since his feud with the Undertaker)

THIRD BEST : Sheamus (SURPRISINGLY, I've noticed Sheamus is a natural on the mic, totally outshining the ever beloved Randy Orton. Love him or hate him, Sheamus did much better than two-worded, struggling to think of a good response Randy. Sheamus is spontaneous and thinks of great stuff to say like that and is a natural on the mic)

-------------------------------------------

GOOD BUT NOT GREAT

Chris Jericho (I don't know Jericho's strong point is that he has a lot to say and has a lot of personality but he's also kind of an atrocious actor)

Miz (Miz has cutting putdowns and a lot to say but I notice he tends to overdo it but he's definitely good)

OMG! I FORGOT CM PUNK. YEA HE IS GREAT. HE WOULD GO UNDER MY GREAT LIST
Equal rights for black male P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2010, 02:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Kelly Martinez is on a distinguished road

Wheres CM Punk?
Kelly Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2010, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Curtis W is on a distinguished road

I disagree with John Cena being the best at promos, he's terrible. He cant cut promo to save his life without having to yell at the top of his lungs, now I will say that his promos with Batista this year were by far his best(and that goes for both guys). I would say Kane is better at promos than Cena is because his promo after Summerslam on SD was just great. This would be my list

Best: Chris Jericho/CM Punk

Second Best: Kane

Third Best: Edge/Miz(his promos as of late have been good)

Good but not Great: Sheamus
Curtis W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2010, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ash
Jobber

Ash is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ash Send a message via Skype™ to Ash

I agree 99% i think that the undertaker should be on here not because of his talking (because he arely does that) but just because of his unbelievable presence
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2010, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

Best of All Time: Arn Anderson. Arn can lay the background to a storyline, his mortivation, the motivation of his opponents and lay the groundwork for upcoming matches. He also has a great sense of humor.

Best in ROH: Austin Aries. Austin can lay the background to a storyline, his mortivation, the motivation of his opponents and lay the groundwork for upcoming matches. He also has a great sense of humor. If you go to live Ring of Honor Shows then you find out he plays well off the audience also.

Best in ROH: Kevin Steen: Kevin can lay the background to a storyline, his mortivation, the motivation of his opponents and lay the groundwork for upcoming matches. He also has a great sense of humor. If you go to live Ring of Honor Shows then you find out he plays well off the audience also.

If we are going to talk about the WWWF/WWF. Then the list of the top guys would include:

1. Bobby Heenan

2. Shawn Michaels

3. Kurt Hennig

4. The Rock

5. Stone Cold Steve Austin

6. Jake The Snake Roberts
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2010, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Brian K is on a distinguished road

are you fucking retarded? this is the real list:

1. Chris Jericho

2. The Rock

3. Triple H

4. Stone Cold
Brian K is offline   Reply With Quote