ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Was the Rock the definition of the Complete Package?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Sep 2010, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Athletically Sound. is on a distinguished road
Default Was the Rock the definition of the Complete Package?

I mean he had EVERYTHING that people look for in a star.

The looks that the female fans went gaga over.

The Mic Skills.

The Charisma.

The catch phrases.

And most importantly, he had the IN-RING ability.

Back then, The rock wasn't my favorite wrestler. He was one of them, but was not my favorite. That right belonged to Austin.

But, credit has to be given where credit is due.

So my question is this:

Do you think that they'll EVER be another wrestler who will enter the WWE with ALL of those aspects? Will there ever be another wrestler with the Complete Package?

Or will that right forever remain with the Rock?
Athletically Sound. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

IB Student is on a distinguished road

yes
IB Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

?i?? ? h??m???l (Y!A Mafia) is on a distinguished road

I don't think he had the total package when it comes to other wrestling promotions with great wrestling skills and ability, but in WWE he had the total package because he was able to be a sports entertainer.
?i?? ? h??m???l (Y!A Mafia) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Mayank S is on a distinguished road

No way. He didn't have the in-ring abilty. Taker is the complete package.
Mayank S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

K Roc is on a distinguished road

I think you answered your own question. Of course he was. No one I have seen in a wrestling ring to date has had the ability to entertain me like the Rock did.
K Roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 09:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

God Listens To Slayer (MCMG) is on a distinguished road

No, Chris Jericho is.

He has everything The Rock has, but he's an even better wrestler.
God Listens To Slayer (MCMG) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 09:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

youGotRap3d is on a distinguished road

No, not at all.

The Undertaker is the complete package. You do know that The Rock only wrestled for about 6 years, right?
youGotRap3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 09:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

*~Show_Stoppa~* is on a distinguished road

Yes The Rock is, NO The Undertaker is not. The Undertaker doesnt really have any mic skills at all, people just cheer becuase of his gimic and what he says sounds cool. One thing i will have to say you left out though is that along with The Rock's mic skills, he could turn an audience against his or turn them for him in just one sentence. I remember when he returned once and he was automatically a face. He came to the ring, said one sentence and he was instantly hated by all those who werent his true fans, and those who didnt like heels. He also made you feel like you belonged. When he declared himself The People's Champ, you actually felt (esp. as a kid) that The Rock had one it for his MILLIONS.........AND MILLIONS OF FANS ALL AROUND THE WORLD! when he announced that he had FINALLY come back to a certain city, again, you felt like he was there to entertain you and give his people what they wanted to see. Even though they may have called Lex Luger The Total Package becuase of his physic, The Great One, The Bramah Bull, The People's Champ, The Rock IS THE TOTAL PACKAGE. Yes, Chris Jericho is better, being the only man to ever beat both Rock and Stone Cold in one night, but no he is not the total package, maybe back in the day, MAYBE, but not in his current state. The Rock left when he was on top, and when he comes back for small runs, he's still on top.
*~Show_Stoppa~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 09:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Nathan H is on a distinguished road

I agree the Rock is the definition of the Complete Package. I can't think of anybody who has all of those qualities. John Cena doesn't have it, he lacks ring skills. I don't think Randy Orton has it either. Even the Undertaker, my favorite wrestler, doesn't have the Complete Package when it comes to the WWE. Undertaker has all of those qualities to some extent. He has great ring skills and he has catch phrases that everybody knows and likes. He definitely has charisma. The Mic Skills are mediocre, but he sounds cool so it works for him. What Undertaker lacks the most is his inability to go out side the wrestling business, which the Rock is great at. The Rock is known by many people outside of the wrestling business. He's all over the entertainment world. The Undertaker protects his gimmick the most out of anybody in the business, which as a fan I respect because he is all about the business and it shows is complete loyalty and dedication to the business, but from a business stand point it would be better if he could go outside the business a little to hopefully bring in crowds who aren't fans of wrestling. The Undertaker is great at entertaining the current fans, John Cena is great at bringiing in new fans, but the Rock was great at bringing in new fans while entertaining current fans.
Nathan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

The Dragon (semi-retired) is on a distinguished road

The Rock came close but he wasn't a good wrestler. He had the mannerisms, the ability to connect with the crowd, and the showmanship in the ring but when it comes down to it he was just another WWE punch and kick brawler. Austin (who was a very good wrestler prior to altering his style for the Stone Cold character) could out-wrestle The Rock any day.

The most complete total package the wrestling business has ever had is Ric Flair. In his prime (and he was still in his prime during his first WWF run) Flair had NO weaknesses in his gimmick, promos, and wrestling matches. In his prime, Flair truly was the greatest pro wrestler of all time.

The WWF/E has had other total packages in it's history (guys with no weaknesses to their act). Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Mr Perfect Curt Hennig, Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage, Scott Hall as Razor Ramon, Triple H, Jake Roberts, Chris Jericho, a few others. Guys with great gimmicks, charisma, wrestling skills, mic skills, and the ability to get large amounts of fans to buy tickets to see them. The Rock was equal to, or better than, these guys in every category except for wrestling skills. That's The Rock's weakness...he was just a brawler. That also keeps Hulk Hogan, John Cena, The Ultimate Warrior, Roddy Piper, Edge, and Lex Luger from being total packages, as well.

Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, and Paul Orndorff. Stellar wrestlers with great gimmicks but they get DQed as total packages for lack of charisma and/or mic skills.

There are a few potential total packages in the WWE right now. Sheamus (fans are starting to appreciate his all-around skills lately), Jack Swagger (needs to work on his promos, or rather, his delivery), Dolph Ziggler (no weaknesses but not larger-than-life enough...yet?), Cody Rhodes (terrible gimmick, otherwise fine), Wade Barrett (needs to get in the ring and wrestle much more often).
The Dragon (semi-retired) is offline   Reply With Quote