ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (WM 25), Overrated, or Underrated?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Sep 2010, 08:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

The Viper - WWEs Apex Predator is on a distinguished road
Default Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (WM 25), Overrated, or Underrated?

The premise was Mr. Wrestlemania vs the Undefeated Streak of the Undertaker. While the Streak now remains, for who knows how long.

At the same time, many do not hold this match in such high regard. Some call it predictable, routine, or just boring. Some just don't get the amount of hype it received, and probably couldn't get into it as a result. Still more people may just be turned off by the constant praise the match is and has received.

So, I'll leave it up to you? Is this match overrated or underrated? Was it simply a gem in the rough that was Wrestlemania 25? Or was this truly one of the greatest matches of all time?

BQ: Star If the WM25 match was better, but don't star if you think the WM26 match was better.

Give me your reasons on why you chose which ever Wrestlemania you pick that you think is better?
The Viper - WWEs Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 08:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Edge Spear is on a distinguished road

Rated well

Not over

Not under

My question?

http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/qu...1919AALzG2jr=w

plz thank you x
Edge Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Emii is on a distinguished road

I did'nt think it was overrated. However, i did'nt think it was underrated either. It had just the right amount of hype. I thought that WM26 match was just a little overrated though.

BQ: i liked WM25's match better cause I got more into it.
Emii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 08:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Raymond Doggington is on a distinguished road

I would say it is overrated. Undertaker vs. HBK was not a bad match by any means, but when WWE was making the big deal about re-airing WM 25 on NBC, they called it the Greatest WrestleMania match of all time. And it is certainly not that. It was exciting, but when WWE overrates it, you know its a problem.
Raymond Doggington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2010, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Clown Prince of Crime is on a distinguished road

It's rated just right.

Anyone who watched WrestleMania 25 can?t dispute that The Undertaker VS. Shawn Michaels is one of the best matches in history. While I?ve placed it at number four since it is a recent match, I?m sure over time it will creep up the list.

First and foremost, the move of the night would have to have been The Undertaker?s suicide dive out of the ring and onto the cameraman, whom Shawn Michaels pushed in front of him in the nick of time. It was a definite ?Oh my God!? moment, and showed that, a) the two men were capable of wrestling clinically in the ring, as well as incorporating foreign objects and the environment outside the ring, and b) unlike Triple H and Randy Orton?s main event that night, using those props doesn?t have to compromise the athleticism and storytelling of the match..

As two of the longest running employees still in the WWE, both men have impressive arsenals of moves, and none were missing from the match. ?Taker with the big boot, Old School, Snake Eyes, chokeslam, leg drop and numerous attempts at finishers The Last Ride and the Tombstone; Michaels with Ric Flair-esque chops and the Figure Four, flying forearm and elbow, kip up, and good ol? Sweet Chin Music. After much back-and-forth action, finally the two shared spars and chest chops until a Tombstone piledriver finally put Michaels away. With the exception of Michael?s failed moonsault on the outside, the aforementioned suicide dive by ?Taker, the match was mostly mat-based. ?Taker, as a big guy, showed he?s able to pull out the high-flying moves and mimic Michaels? style, while HBK proved, just like he always does, that he can grapple with the best of them, and that?s what makes him a prominent feature on this list. (Next week it?s more of his typical style with a Superstar who mirrored his career on the Showstopper?s, and his third match on the list has stuck with me for similar reasons as WM 25.)

Despite ?Taker being significantly bigger and more powerful than Michaels, it was a to-and-fro dynamic between the two, with neither man gaining the upper hand for too long. It was storytelling at its very best; building up the tension which literally exploded and had me on the edge of my seat by the end. ?Taker just couldn?t catch a break as he delivered Tombstone after Last Ride to HBK, who would not give up. With a few Sweet Chin Music?s thrown in there for good measure, the anticipation as to who would win this match was ?electric?, as Michael Cole would say. So, it's a legendary match with the perfect rating.

BQ: It depends on what you mean.

The WrestleMania 25 match was definitely better because of it's length and performance, but The WrestleMania 26 Match totally overshadows WM25 with the emotion and hype of the HBK's career being on the line. Overall i have to say the WrestleMania 26 wins by only a little bit, but let's just have a look at some of the highlights from both matches:

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania 25:

-The performance was amazing, you will won't find another match in history that will entertain you more in my opinion.

-This match stole the whole PPV.

-It got this is awesome from the crowd.

-Multiple false finishes which stunned the whole WWE Universe.

-It went for a very long time and it was the longest match on the PPV.

-It is an instant classic.

-The Undertaker did that annual dive which everyone loved.

-Nobody expected to see a great match like this one happened to be.

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania 26:

-No other match could compare to the emotion that this match had.

-Even though WM25 had more performance and entertainment, this match still was packed with it.

-Shawn michaels and The Undertaker shook hands after the match.

-Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker hugged after the match.

-This match was the headline of the night.

-Shawn Michaels got to say goodbye to everyone after he lost.

-HBK did that moonsault with everyone loved.

-This is the match where The Undertaker was the closest to losing his Streak.

-A lot of people believed that this was the match where Undertaker would lose his Streak.

-This is the most anticipated Wrestlemania match is history.

-This is the most hyped WrestleMania match in history.

-This match will be remembered for years and is an instant classic.

-It got this is awesome, just like WM 25 did.

Those are only some of the great things that happened during, after and before these matches, everybody's going to have their own opinions on what match they think is better, but as i said before, WM25 match was better in terms of performance, but WM 26 was way better for it's emotion. But if I have to choose one, then the one at Wrestlemania 25 because it was better alright.
The Clown Prince of Crime is offline   Reply With Quote