ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Who should have Never been pushed in WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Sep 2010, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Lord of Darkness is on a distinguished road
Default Who should have Never been pushed in WWE?

Who should have Never been pushed in WWE?
The Lord of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

R patrick is on a distinguished road

You're going to get a lot of people saying Cena. But I'll go with Sid Justice. Sure he was big, but he had nothing in the ring or on the mic.
R patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Y2Jericho Save_Us is on a distinguished road

Rikishi with his bad man gimmick
Y2Jericho Save_Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

samuel adams is on a distinguished road

Two words-Brock Lesnar! They gave him the undisputed world title in his rookie year and what did he do? Not less than two years later he left wwe after all they did for him only to fail in the NFL. Currently hes making a killing in UFC(WWE competition). Meat heads and loyalty don't go together i guess...
samuel adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

Doctor Tickle is on a distinguished road

The Ultimate Warrior.He came and left whenever he pleased and couldn't even wrestle anyways.
Doctor Tickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The anime man is on a distinguished road

If you mean out of the current talent then I would say Jack Swagger I could see as IC or US Champion but he's not ready to be WWE or World Champion

however if you mean in the history of company

For WWE or World Championship I'd say Brock Lesnar, Ultimate Warrior while these two may have been big there matchs more then often were a cure for insomnia

If you mean IC or US Championship I'd say Santino Marella he's more for comedy and if Lashley didn't help him I doubt that he would have won the IC title

If you mean Woman's or Diva's Championship I'd say Alundra Blaze I'll give her credit as she I believe is the first Woman to wrestle in WWE since Wendi Richter, Moolah Mae Young but wrestled almost as badly as Jillian Hall sings while Jillian Hall Michelle McCool can't wrestle good enough to be worthy of this title

If you mean Tag Team Championship I'd say the only team not worthy of being pushed for this title is The Spirit Squad
The anime man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 08:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

martin_rulz6 is on a distinguished road

The Ultimate Warrior, just for the sheer fact that the only skill he had was running around like a damn crackhead (and I wouldn't of been surprised of he was on it either)
martin_rulz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 08:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Clown Prince of Crime is on a distinguished road

Mark Henry.

Having been an epic fail for 14 years, I don't see Vince's need to push him at 2006. During The Attitude Era, he was involved in Mae Young Giving Birth To A Hand and was a lower mid-carder. Just so u know, three months before Wrestlemania 22, the opponents to face The Undertaker came down to Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, and the returning Mark Henry. Vince believed, the returning Mark Henry, billed as The World's Strongest Man, would be able to pull out a classic with The Undertaker and creating another big man main eventer after Batista, especially after such main event push. Because as we knew it, Vince has always been keen on pushing big man wrestlers mainly because of his obsession to eclipse his father's success of Andre The Giant. I have even heard that in backstage, before the match, Vince was so sure Undertaker could carry Mark Henry to a legendary match.

But it turned out that, after all the hype the fans didn't buy Henry as a threat at all. To make the matter even worse, Taker vs Henry at WM 22 flopped because Taker was unable to carry Henry throughout the match, mainly because of Henry's deadweight with no charisma and slow-paced work, thus creating another horrible match for The Streak, which is easily one of Taker's worst ever. The match is widely labeled as the worst casket match ever held. The only good thing from this disaster is Vince finally stopped giving The Undertaker mid-carder giants for him to face at Wrestlemania after 14 long years and five failures in 5 different Wrestlemanias (Giant Gonzales at WM 9, King Kong Bundy at WM 11, Big Boss Man at WM 15, A-Train at WM 19, and Mark Henry himself at WM 22), because after 14 long a** years he finally realized Taker couldn't pull out a classic with talentless giants.

That's why I said this is stupid. Because Vince had all the power in this world to book Taker vs Angle or Taker vs Benoit but preferred Taker vs Henry instead. What makes it worse is, the whole push was an epic fail. The crowd didn't give a damn about Mark Henry and later that year in an interview with Henry, he admitted that he didn't care about his Wrestlemania 22 push being successful or not because he was doing it only for money! Heck, even Undertaker vs JBL or Undertaker vs Booker T would have made a better match!

And the feud was reignited back at 2007, leading to one of the worst pay per view main events of all time at Unforgiven 2007.

Mark Henry rhymes with Epic Fail for life.
The Clown Prince of Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 09:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Joe
Yo Yo it's me Joe

Joe is on a distinguished road

I say the miz and jack swagger
Old 03 Sep 2010, 09:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Young Noob

THE ROCK! is on a distinguished road

This is an invitation to a Cena bashing session.

But to answer your question. Jack Swagger, not that he shouldn't have been pushed, but not now. I think his push was just rushed, without NO character development. They should have let him blossom more THEN pushed him. Ever since he captured the WHC so early (In my eyes) the value of it has been depreciated.
THE ROCK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 09:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

ArNisto is on a distinguished road

Bobby Lashley

he was a copy of Brock Lesnar that was stupid from wwe to make him a copy of a wrestler who failed , boring and wasn't liked by wwe fans
ArNisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 09:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Young Noob

RKOrton Fan is on a distinguished road

The Miz... I just can't take him seriously as a wrestler, he's always just a reality star to me.

I don't think Cena should not have been pushed, just probably he shouldn't have been given so many mega pushes, its kind of dull, the whole superman act.
RKOrton Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 09:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jobber

Mayank S is on a distinguished road

Mark Henry, Mabel/ Viscera/ Big Daddy V, Khali, Ultimate Warrior, Cena, the list never ends.
Mayank S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 09:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Apex Predator G5 is on a distinguished road

Mark Henry. He didn't care about it and it wasn't entertaining for the fans. My reasons are the same Prince of Clown said. I can't explain it better.

Ultimate Warrior had no talent too, however he received a great push. He had no wrestling ability. Hell, even Cena and Hogan are better.

Why is everybody referring to Brock Lensar. He was a great wrestler with some classics (his match with Kurt Angle at WM was great) and the only thing you can point to him is that he didn't enjoyed is push and tried his luck in other areas. But I don't think that's a reason for bashing his wrestling skills.
The Apex Predator G5 is offline   Reply With Quote