ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Who is more underrated: Goldust or Chavo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Sep 2010, 02:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Raymond Doggington is on a distinguished road
Default Who is more underrated: Goldust or Chavo?

Whoever is most convincing for their choice gets best answer.
Raymond Doggington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 02:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Hardys are Hawtys! is on a distinguished road

Thats a hard question.. there both Pretty Underated!! But Chavo gets way more matches and T.V time then Goldust. Chavo gets to wrestle but Goldust... Hes like an extra. He gets put on wwe Superstars?! Like WTf is that. Chavo actually gets to wrestle on Smackdown Sometimes, so id have to say Goldust.
Hardys are Hawtys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 02:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Ivan (Pudge) Rodriguez (yWa-20) is on a distinguished road

In there Career:Goldust

Chavo at least held the ECW Champion

Goldust highest champion is NWA Flordia HeavyWeight Champion
Ivan (Pudge) Rodriguez (yWa-20) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 03:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Nathan H is on a distinguished road

They are both very underrated. Goldust might be just a little bit more because he is seen less, and I have know idea when the last time he won a match. I know Chavo has been wrestling on Superstars and Smackdown, and I remember him defeating JTG two weeks in a row on Superstars. It's not a big victory by any means, but at least he has won some matches, unlike Goldust. So my pick is Goldust.
Nathan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 03:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Ram? is on a distinguished road

Well id have to say its almost Equal both are great wrestlers, and they are both stuck in the shadows of legends Goldust stuck in Dusty Rhodes his father and chavo is stuck in his uncle eddies and both will never come out of it. Both Goldust and chavo only appear on superstars and BARELY appear on raw or smackdown, but i must say tho at least goldust did have his time , he fued with the likes of the Undertaker and Rowdy Roddy piper ,Ahmed Johnson Ken Shamrock etc. Chavo on the other hand never really had anything like that he never had a major fued ever except for Beniot and Mysterio but those didnt last long and he went back to jobber status. But just because chavo goldust are treated equally in wwe goldust did shine more in wcw in the beginning then also in the early 90's WWF/WWE but Chavo never really had a chance to shine besides teaming with eddie fued with beniot and mysterio and really short ecw rtitle reign but never had the success of Goldust in the day so Chavo wins this round of being the most underrated for both his abilities to entertain and wrestle but never given a chance by anybody but like i said goldust shined back then and those will always be remembered.
The Ram? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 03:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Brandon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon

Goldust he gets no tv time and a match like every 19797 years.

At least Chavo was champion
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 03:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

josh is on a distinguished road

Gotta be Chavo. He is one of the best technical wrestlers of this decade, a very convincing heel, and part of the historic Guerrero legacy. And WWE lately has used him as a jobber when clearly he deserves better.
josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 03:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Jesse Aaron is on a distinguished road

BOTH of them are underrated!

They don't have any title shots lately.
Jesse Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 03:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

French Beauty 3 is on a distinguished road

Chavo, he's a Guerrero!

Goldust is old and useless
French Beauty 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 03:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
jrd
Fresh Noob

jrd is on a distinguished road

Chavo is more underrated. Goldust can put on a decent match anytime and WWE knows it. He is just being used for talent development like Kane was being used for all these years. Throughout his career, Goldust has put over guys and helped them develop. He has also had matches at Wrestle mania. In 1996 (I think 1996, not so sure), he played a big part in putting over HHH.

And he also helped in developing Sheamus into a star that he is now by working with him last year around this time in ECW. The reason he is not in the main event is because he is old (43 years).

Yeah, Kane is old too (also 43 years) but he holds the Championship because he never left WWE despite not being given titles for years and he has played a bigger part than Goldust in Talent development and also because his gimmick still entertains and enthralls the audience unlike Goldust whose gimmick is not great in the minds of today's audience and he also left WWE at one point and wrestled in TNA as Black Reign. Goldust is not underrated at all. WWE knows exactly what he can do and is using him for talent development and even Goldust is probably content with what he is doing.

Chavo Guerrero is very underrated.He definitely deserves more than losing to hornsewoggle every other week or having a match against Chris Masters in WWE Superstars. Chavo is a very good wrestler. Watch his matches in the Indies on Youtube and you'll see that he wrestles the Lucha-libre style nearly as good as mysterio. Watch his matches when he was a WCW tag team champion with Eddie and you'll see that he is a great submission wrestler. The one factor agains him is age. He is 40. And most likely he wont remain in WWE for long if they continue to use him this way. But hopefully we will have a few great moments from Chavo before he leaves WWE for good. It need not be a Championship reign. It could just be a couple of 30 minutes + matches against Rey Mysterio or Daniel Bryan.
jrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 03:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

the sandman (yWa-20) is on a distinguished road

chavo cause he can't defeat a midget
the sandman (yWa-20) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2010, 04:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The anime man is on a distinguished road

I would say that they are both pretty underratted as both have had great carrers so far

I was there when Goldust (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRiSqhbdCzQ) debuted in the WWF at

In Your House 4 live from the Winnipeg Arena in Winnipeg, Manitoba and I for one will Never forget the name Goldust he held Gold 11 times not including a Slammy since making his debut and yet as far as I have seen he has never jobbed to anyone he maybe on his forth run in WWE but right now he is hardly being used and no disrespect to on RAW especially the younger talent but I believe that Goldust has the skill and is worthy of becoming the US Champion if not the WWE Champion and should be given that chance

where as

Chavo I watched WCW maybe four times including there last broadcast but never saw Chavo he had to been good if not great otherwise the then WWF wouldn't have wanted him and while for the better part of his WWF carrer he teammed with his uncle when they went there sepearte ways and he became Kerwin White which was short lived because of Eddie's death, that was the start of his downfall and while in WWE's ECW he became champion and he started climbing back to the top along came La Familia and Chavo went from Superstar to a jobber and even worse was losing to Hornswoggle...the sad thing is I can see Chavo following in his uncles footsteps especially if he starts using his Lie, Cheat Steal method (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e5ZkogCZm4 - at the 6:53 mark)
The anime man is offline   Reply With Quote