ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why is it that Every Milestone WrestleMania was a Let Down? Will WrestleMania 30 be Horrible?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Sep 2010, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Lord of Darkness is on a distinguished road
Default Why is it that Every Milestone WrestleMania was a Let Down? Will WrestleMania 30 be Horrible?

Excluding WrestleMania XX of course, one of the greatest WM's actually.

WM V: Horrible... Headlined by Hogan vs Savage, but a main event was Red Rooster vs Bobby Heenan (00:32...)

WM X: Headlined by Bret Hart vs Yokozuna (same main event as WM IX), Bret also competed (and lost) against Owen the same night. Two good matches: Bret vs Owen, HBK vs Razor Ramon

WM XV: Worst HIAC ever, only good thing was Rock/Austin, every match was lack luster.

WM XX: Very good, that's why it's the only exception.

WM XXV: Only two good matches, Undertaker vs Shawn and the underrated Matt vs Jeff. JBL quit and lost in 21 seconds, they didn't show us the tag match. Y2J had a pointless altercation with Rourke.

Judging by the previous statements, will WrestleMania XXX be horrible?

Kaoss: But that WrestleMania wasn't a milestone.

Every 1, 5 (or 10) years are considered milestones, but with WWE it just happenes to be every 5.
The Lord of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

emanuel1983 is on a distinguished road

Any main event has some boring matches. There have been legendary matches at Wrestlemania as well. Think about the iron man match between Micheals and Hard.

I believe, since Wrestlemania is the main event of main events people have enormous expectations. People expect that something spectacular will happen during the show and that's why many are disappointed.

So, I think Wrestlemania XXX won't be much better, or worse than any other Wrestlemania.
emanuel1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 05:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

God Listens To Slayer (MCMG) is on a distinguished road

I agree on WM XXV. Matt vs. Jeff was such an underrated match.

It's because they think they're going to do stuff that people will eat up and enjoy and end up making a complete fail.
God Listens To Slayer (MCMG) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Lewis Hamilton_s No1 Fan is on a distinguished road

Wrestling got boring years ago.
Lewis Hamilton_s No1 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

kaoss.rm is on a distinguished road

You forgot the pointless Vince gets his head shaved by Donald Trump match. Or several of the Undertaker's big hyped matches(glorified squash).Will WrestleMania XXX be horrible? IDK, I hope 2 GOD not.
kaoss.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 05:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Shan?? is on a distinguished road

By the time WrestleMania XXX comes around in 2013, a lot of new stars will have been established. The likes of John Morrison, Jack Swagger, Sheamus and The Miz will be headlining by that time and I think Cena, Orton etc will have taken a step back. Triple H, Undertaker and Kane will probably have retired by then.

So, no, I don't think it will be horrible. I'm sure there will be some changes between now and 2013 in the WWE and hopefully they are good ones. For example, the Creative Team will be different, with new people coming in and the old ones going out.

I agree with you though, WrestleMania 25 was saved only by the HBK/Taker match and the appearance by Austin. I hope WrestleMania XXX will be a good one, as does every WWE fan.
Shan?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 05:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Clown Prince of Crime is on a distinguished road

Don't underestimate WWE, of course it will be horrible.
The Clown Prince of Crime is offline   Reply With Quote