ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What Indy promotions are the best to check out?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Sep 2010, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Richard Orton is on a distinguished road
Default What Indy promotions are the best to check out?

Quite frankly I want to find something new in wrestling.All I know is really WWE and TNA.I have seen a very very little bit of ROH and I am going to try to find some matches in ROH.What other promotions should I check out and can you leave a link to where I can find them.Thank you.
Richard Orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road

Combat Zone is a popular one, especially around here. But it is really gory and you might need a vomit bag to watch it

Pro Wrestling Respect is an up and coming promotion that people will soon hear about

Dragon Gate USA has some great wrestling

I'm not that big of a fan of Chikara but people seem to like it, so what the h*ll

and there are great Mexican wrestling promotions that I can't even think of the names right now
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

bill is on a distinguished road

AAA and CMLL are good Mexican feds.

My friend owns an Indy fed in Austin, Texas. His site is anarchychampionshipwrestling.com

He has tons of matches on youtube.
bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Sean :) is on a distinguished road

i hear great things about New Japan Pro Wrestling : http://www.njpw.co.jp/ - you'll see it's all in Japanese but there is a way to translate it

As for true indy circuits, i live on the East Coast so this might not apply to you if you don't live in NJ, NY, or PA, but i'll still mention them: there's East Coast Professional Wrestling (ECPW) and National Wrestling Superstars. First let me provide the links before i tell you why i like them so much.

ECPW: http://www.ecpw1.com/

NWS: http://www.nwswrestling.com/

First off and for starters, they have some really great talent, in my opinion. They're pretty reputable companies, and i've always enjoyed the shows both companies have put on.

But the ultimate reason why i go is to see all the legends that wrestle. As you navigate through both sites, you'll see just how many legendary wrestlers either wrestled in either of the promotions, or still do. And it's awesome. You can easily get autographs from them, and the best part is usually these events are in small venues, which means when you are in line for an autograph, it won't take a ridiculously long time to get one. And an even better thing: they're cheap! And a lot of times you can get a photo taken with the largest names they have on the card for that night. It's a great atmosphere, and it's always awesome to watch the legends. But even the lesser known guys have impressed me very much. i really, highly recommend both promotions to you.
Sean :) is offline   Reply With Quote