ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What do you think about John Cena becoming the first UNIFIED WWE CHAMPION(at wrestlemania 27

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Pizzarut Tasty is on a distinguished road
Default What do you think about John Cena becoming the first UNIFIED WWE CHAMPION(at wrestlemania 27

supposedly)? Yep WWE are going to unify 2 more belts. The Women belts and the wwe champion belts.

Since Cena want be winning anymore wwe belts this year(only 4 months in this year left) it's obvious they are setting things up for WM27. They don't want him to have the belt months before he win it at WM27 so start him off fresh at wm27 that way people want be saying I'm tired of Cena with the belt.

This is what I think because like I said HHH is coming back/Orton wants the belt/Y2J too, plus Cena already had it for like 3 months of this year so I doubt he's getting it back this year.

Bonus: and what do you think with the match being Y2j VS Cena. loser will have to retire(hence the yearly retire thing they've done the past 2 wrestlemanias with flair last year and HBK this year) So yeah Y2j will be next year.

I'm quit a genious I might add
Pizzarut Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Michael Cole is on a distinguished road

Well to be completely honest and i quote,I wouldn't like it at all. Cena is a glory hog that has only let Sheamus and Wade Barret come in and beat him up. He is an and I quote,Selfish bastard. I wish he would and I quote,Give others a chance. Evan and Ryder are two prime examples of mistreated wrestler. they are and I quote,Untouched as far as titles go.

BQ: I want Y2J to win that. Cena retiring and coming back as a thug is a huge rating boost.
Michael Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Leslie is on a distinguished road

NOOOO no more unified titles plz

i think y2j is going to retire
Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Chris is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Chris

yes i do and the bad part about that that the wwe and worlds heavyweight championship will be unified and the other john cena becoming the unified champion. and the main event at wrestlemania 27 should be john cena vs. randy orton
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Richard Meredith is on a distinguished road

i just thought i would point out it was not last year flair was retired it was the year b4.
Richard Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

adam is on a distinguished road

FYI: Flair was WM 24, HBK was WM 26. And those were very, very special occasions.

People say they are tired of seeing Cena with the belt regardless of how long he has held it at that given time. The last time there was a pay per view without Cena or Randy Orton in a title match was Cyber Sunday 2008. That's kind of stuff is why people are tired of him with the belt.

If they are going to reunify the titles, though, it only would make sense for the WWE to put it on their golden boy, John Cena. However, I won't believe it until it happens. And it won't happen unless it's the end the brand split, which I would absolutely be in favor of.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
jfj
Fresh Noob

jfj is on a distinguished road

Cena wouldn't be the first. Chris Jericho became the first when he beat The Rock (to win the WCW Championship) and Stone Cold Steve Austin (to win the WWE Championship) on the same night at Armageddon 2001. He would be followed as Undisputed Champion by HHH, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, The Rock, and Brock Lesnar. The Title would be split again on the August 26, 2002 episode of RAW when then champion Brock Lesnar announced he would be wrestling exclusively on Smackdown. The following week HHH was awarded the World Heavyweight Championship on Monday Night RAW. So if Cena was to win the unification match at Wrestlemania XXVII, he would be the 7th Undisputed Champion.

BQ: The retirement matches were only done because the 2 competitors who lost them (Ric Flair at WM XXIV HBK at WM XXVI) were ready to retire and wanted their last match to be at Wrestlemania. It was not intended to be a yearly thing (Incidentally, there were 2 years between Flair's and HBK's retirement matches.). Before Flair there hadn't been a retirement match at Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania 7 when the Ultimate Warrior pinned Macho Man Randy Savage. Plus Jericho is not ready to retire, he just wants some time off so that he can do more work with his band, Fozzy.
jfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

ALL HAIL THE KING!!! is on a distinguished road

Cena wouldn't be the first, Jericho has already done that, I don't know how anyone could forget that he is the first undisputed (means the same thing as Unified) world champion, he reminds everyone constantly, even if you wasn't into wrestling when it actually happen!
ALL HAIL THE KING!!! is offline   Reply With Quote