ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Which of these WrestleMania's was the worst and why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Richard Orton is on a distinguished road
Default Which of these WrestleMania's was the worst and why?

Richard Orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road

26 was pretty d@mn bad. There was nothing worth watching except Taker/Shawn. Even Jericho and Edge didn't even put on that great of a show. But I didn't think 22, 23, and 25 were very good either.

But 20 and 21 had memorable matches and were both fun to watch
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

kmathew23 (RKO nation) is on a distinguished road

26 was absolutely terrible, and i cna't believe they had that cena vs batista match because that was horrific to watch.
kmathew23 (RKO nation) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

RC TNA Fan is on a distinguished road

25, without a doubt! 24 marked the beginning of the PG era in wrestlemanias.25 was not exciting whatsoever, aside from HBK/Taker. 26 had better matches, 24 i liked because it was outside and the scenary was memorable. i loved 20-23
RC TNA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rey
Fresh Noob

Rey is on a distinguished road

I agree with Know Your Role 26 was pretty bad and the only two matches i liked were edge vs chris jericho and shawn vs taker and i did hope jericho vs edge were a bit longer. Oh and I almost forgot john cena vs batista fortunately was a great match and was better than expected.

although it was pretty good it still didnt match wrestlemania 25 probably close but didnt and didnt match wrestlemania 23 or 22 or 21 or 20 either.

hope wrestlemania 27 will be better and have longer quality matches
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

The Peoples Champ is on a distinguished road

the one after the rock left
The Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Straight Edge Suicide . is on a distinguished road

Rate from Best to Worst:

WM-21

WM-22

WM-20

WM-23

WM-24

WM-25

WM-26
Straight Edge Suicide . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

susudio is on a distinguished road

i thought that 25 was a yawn fest! it had one great match shawn vs taker and other than that it was a true yawner. 23 was kind of funny with trump getting to shave vince's head! 26 was ok. of course, taker vs shawn was great.
susudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 01:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Clown Prince of Crime is on a distinguished road

Wrestlemania 25 hands down. No question about it. The only watchable match was Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels whereas the rest of the card is crap. To make it simple, Wrestlemania 25 s*cked because:

1. A MALE won Divas battle royal. This was the biggest cluster(bleep) I've ever seen. This made the Gimmick Battle Royal look like a masterpiece. No ring announcements. After all of the talk and build up, zero explanation of which past divas were even in the match. Piss poor announcing...no acknowledge of who was there, who was eliminated, who was in, etc. There were no wrestling moves. The fact that they pretended to not know it was Santino was beyond idiotic. How do you mess up a match with a ton of hot girls? This was so awful that it should be a fireable offense. A complete and utter mockery. And yes, this match was worse than Taker vs Giant Gonzales.

2. Twenty one seconds retirement match. While I wasn't particularly impressed with the booking, how could this match really make me want to swear off wrestling? I don't like JBL as a person or a performer and I'm glad he's gone. Plus, it was quick and painless. I seriously hope they give Rey Rey an actual feud and put some focus on this title, rather than have it fading away as usual. How about one of Priceless? As an aside, I thought JBL was very entertaining as an announcer and I would be more than happy for him to fill Tazz's seat at the table. However, JBL is isn't that isn't the game plan. I wish I liked him enough to provide a JBL career retrospective here. Then again, he didn't care enough to learn my name when I worked there, so I don't much care about him either. Good riddance. I will say though, I don't like how WWE always has people's last matches be losses. Can't they let them go out on a winning note?

3. Lanky brother vs brother match.

4. Sixty years old Steamboat outperforming Jericho. At this point, I was about ready to call it a night. This was even more awful than expected. There was no passion, no ring psychology, and the expected poor in ring quality. Once a match with Rourke was out of the question, this storyline has pretty much not made any sense since. Jericho has given some strong performances to do the best he could with it...but there wasn't any logic behind it. Does the average wrestling fan care? Probably not. But as a more thoughtful/analytical fan, it bothered me. And it showed in the end. The Rourke spot was lame. Flair's involvement was disappointing.

5. Worst MITB ever thanks to Mark Henry (First, he gave Taker the worst casket match of all time at WM 22 and now this? This guy just couldn't stop, huh?)

6. Boring Triple threat match for WWE title.

7. Lamest main event in the last 7 seven years. I didn't feel much of anything about this match, which I suppose is not a good thing for the main event of your biggest event in the past 5 years. It was lacking a certain feeling of intensity and closure considering the personal nature of the buildup. I did like how they mixed things up by both hitting their finishers right off the get go...that kept me on my toes for the rest of the match. I dunno, maybe it's because I'm older or something, but this just did not have that Hogan vs Warrior feel for me. It didn't feel special. It felt standard. Fine, but not the mega end of a huge card. I would have liked an Orton victory, but I'm not surprised by the outcome.

8. Kid Rock concert which got bigger airtime than the tag titles match which was placed in the dark match. While I didn't object to the concert as a concept, what I did object to is it's placement on the card. Shouldn't this have been at the midway point, like a halftime show? There is no logic to anything they do. We didn't need a break at this point. Oh, I should give a shout out to the Pussycat Doll from earlier for having the tightest dress I've ever seen. Sure, the singing was bad, but it served its purpose.
The Clown Prince of Crime is offline   Reply With Quote