ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

are WWE going to get rid of SmackDown ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Sep 2010, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Alberto Del Rio is on a distinguished road
Default are WWE going to get rid of SmackDown ?

Creative plans as of Monday night was for WWE to unify all of its championships within the next year. There would be one World Championship, one Tag Team Championship, the Intercontinental Championship, and one Women?s title. It is said that a WWE/World Title Unification Match will take place at next year?s WrestleMania.

it sounds like wwe are going to have one brand

do u think wwe are going to get rid of SmackDown ?

i mean by the end of the year wwe dont have enough Championship for 2 brand's

and if they get rid of a brand u just no it's not going to be raw

do u think WWE going to get rid of SmackDown ?

BQ: should wwe unify all the Championship ?

@? Killswitch Engaged ?

i no its not confirmed but come on thay have already dun it to the tag team championship's

and the about to do it to the women's championship and divas championship

(even tho the divas championship is new) WTF
Alberto Del Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

? Killswitch Engaged ? is on a distinguished road

It isn't confirmed yet. But I hope they keep it because it served as a second place where wrestling fans get to keep up on the storylines and actions. They had that when there was only one World Wrestler Federation champion back in 1999-2001. So yeah I think they're going to keep Smackdown on air. Plus I see no reason why they would get rid of Smackdown so soon after going on Syfy.

BQ1: In my opinion no, because having two world championships was good for the need of talent. Because having one championship where all the talent is aiming for isn't good in terms of pushing talent. Where the main event scene is too crowded. As for the womens titles yes, I really see no need for to womens titles when there's a few divas, and one that can actually wrestle.
? Killswitch Engaged ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Viperette is on a distinguished road

Can't say yet. I think it's more likely they'll keep it because they're moving to Scyfy and will probably get more viewers. And I would hate it if they got rid of Smackdown. I like RAW more, but still, I need something else to entertain me other than once a week.

BQ: NO! More titles means more people can get in the spotlight if they deserve it.
Viperette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Drizzy is on a distinguished road

dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! n dont unify all the titles
Drizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Katie Morgan is on a distinguished road

I doubt WWE would get rid of Smackdown. It would be a huge step backwards to reduce to 1 show. And I'm pretty sure that they would hurt from the lost ad revenue.

Also, I love Smackdown.

BQ: No, please. I support what is happening with the womens/divas belts because there aren't enough women on the Smackdown roster to be a division right now. But I don't think they should have unified the tag titles and I would hate it if they got rid of the WHC. Also, if there is only 1 midcard title, I have no idea what these guys are going to do. If anything they should add some titles not eliminate them.
Katie Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 11:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

The Outsider is on a distinguished road

Lets hope not.
The Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Chris is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Chris

no hell no they should get rid of smackdown smackdown as been around a long time and they shouldnt that would hurt wwe back in the good old days of world wrestling federation they only have one world title one tag teams title the womens championship and the intercontental and european championships. if wwe is going to unify all the championships at least keep the us title. smackdown should keep going bringing up newer wrestlers and have all the older wrestlers on raw like undertaker triple h john cena randy orton and have the newer wrestlers like john morrison mvp r thruth even bourne
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

chad is on a distinguished road

I don't see why the WWE would possibly give up Smackdown, especially when the plans are for Smackdown to leave CW and go to SyFy in October. Once on SyFy the plan was for Smackdown's roster to be beefed up again. If you are going to make that kind of investment, it makes no sense to cancel the show. Plus, the WWE would lose all that money from Smackdown, merchandise, TV revenue, ticket sales, etc. There is no way that the WWE can fit all that talent on to one weekly showing of RAW. It is just to counterproductive.

BQ - No, I do not think that all the championships should be unified. I am fine with unifying the tag titles, and by that I mean that doing away with having two titles and just having one set of belts. I am also fully in support of unifying the Women's and Diva's championships. But, those are due to lack of sufficient talent to further justify having two belts. I do not believe that there is need to do unify the United States and Intercontinental titles. There is sufficient competitors to require both of those belts. The same is true of the WWE and World titles. I can't imagine a more over crowded scenario than a World title scene where John Cena, HHH, The Miz, Randy Orton, Edge, Kane, The Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Sheamus, Wade Barrett and who knows who else are all going for the spotlight.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 12:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Tmeister(The Wise One) is on a distinguished road

I would hate wwe if they do that. Smackdown has way to much history to be off the air, thats my fav brand/show. If they get rid of it just cause of unifiying the titles i made not watch wwe no more

BQ: NO, cause the world title would only be held by main eventers and not future main eventers.
Tmeister(The Wise One) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 12:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The_Abbot *7 is on a distinguished road

i hope not
The_Abbot *7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 12:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Julius C is on a distinguished road

World Wrestling Entertainment announced more than 5 months ago that WWE Smackdown is being moved from My Network TV to the SyFy Network. In case you don't know this, NBC/Universal owns NBC, USA Network, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo and The SyFy Network. The SyFy Network is available in more homes and more markets in the United States that My Network TV was. In addition, NBC/Universal is paying World Wrestling Entertainment more money to have WWE Smackdown on The SyFy Network than My Network TV has been paying them. I think WWE Smackdown debuts on the SyFy Network next month. WWE is probably going to create new championships and have those on Smackdown.
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 12:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

T.A.B? is on a distinguished road

Nope WWE has no plans to get rid of any current shows. WWE is probably gonna combine the shows like they did back when Smackdown first started. How both brands shared the WWE championship and other titles along with the rosters. WWE has no plans to shut down any brands or shows and if they did it wouldnt be Smackdown it would be NXT or Superstars. Plus if they shut down Smackdown then that would mean most WWE stars have to be fired and you would have heard something about that by now.

BQ they should unify the title i think it would be cool just like in the old school 90 days
T.A.B? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 12:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

mike is on a distinguished road

i didnt like the brand extension when they first did it, i like the idea of all wrestlers being able to go on both brands, but then they would need the low midcarders to stick to superstars if they want any tv time. also one world title would mean more and put some meaning back into being world champion, i mean the wwe title is passed around a lot these days. but they would need another divison, like a cruiserweight or hardcore divison to give midcarders something to do.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 12:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

mike is on a distinguished road

i didnt like the brand extension when they first did it, i like the idea of all wrestlers being able to go on both brands, but then they would need the low midcarders to stick to superstars if they want any tv time. also one world title would mean more and put some meaning back into being world champion, i mean the wwe title is passed around a lot these days. but they would need another divison, like a cruiserweight or hardcore divison to give midcarders something to do.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2010, 12:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Michael is on a distinguished road

they should keep the Divas title

also keep the US title

get rid of the womens title as they call them divas it makes sence to keep the divas title

the should keep the worlds title and tag team title
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote