ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Has WWE having 2 main titles hurt each one's prestige?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Says Pardon?!

The Bad Guy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Bad Guy
Default Has WWE having 2 main titles hurt each one's prestige?

I know w/ 2 brands, they need 2 belts, but it's the same company, same writers, same backstage politics.
The Bad Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Lovely Troll is on a distinguished road

but the guy who has the belt on Raw has the bigger *****
Lovely Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Clark W-Shephard LOST is on a distinguished road

I don't think so.

I know what you mean, and I know that it can seem kind of silly having two world titles, especially when both of those world championships belong to the same company. I guess in a way, that is kind of ridiculous, but I really don't have a problem with it.

There is almost always a few subtle acknowledgments from the WWE as to which of the two world belts is the main one. More often than not, it's the WWE Championship. For the vast majority of the time, that's the one that the stars of RAW have competed for, and there's no question that RAW is the flagship show. That's where all the big superstars are, that's where all the big angles play out and more often than not, the main events at pay-per-views are matches that come from Monday nights.

Also, and I know that you're not a Cena fan so you won't like this, the WWE Championship is the title that John Cena competes for, and love him or hate him, Cena is still the face of the WWE (Despite some of the comments lately, it's not Randy Orton). Cena is the one who makes the movies, does the commercials, headlines the PPV's and is centered around all the big stories. He's the WWE's hero. So even though they don't say it, when Cena is in a big WWE Championship match, it's only natural that that match takes center stage, simply because Cena is The Man so to speak.

So because of subtle things like that, it usually feels like the WWE Championship is belt 1, while the World Heavyweight Championship is belt 1A. Both are important, but the WWE title is the top belt in the company. Because of that, because the two world titles aren't really even, I don't have a problem with having two of them.
Clark W-Shephard LOST is offline   Reply With Quote