ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

From a financial standpoint, would you rather be in WWE OR UFC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Says Pardon?!

The Bad Guy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Bad Guy
Default From a financial standpoint, would you rather be in WWE OR UFC?

Consider this: Lesnar had a 7-year, $45 million dollar contract. However, you'd be on the road 300 days a year. Leisure time is very minimal.

Lesnar made about $400K for his 2nd fight with Mir, probably more vs. Carwin. And pending no injuries, you would fight 2-3 times a year.

Whether you're a fan isn't relevant, just money v. lifestyle. Which would you pick?

I'm posting this in Wrestling and Martial Arts to get more answers.

Obviously, I mean the $45 mil in WWE.

also, BQ:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5080517AAmuUu7

Spade, I just said aside from what sport you're a fan of.
The Bad Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Spade is on a distinguished road

Definitely UFC. I'm pretty sure you know that WWE is all a set up so unless you have a good contract and a good agent, you aren't getting anywhere. UFC is real, meaning, if you can fight and win over and over again, you will be making a fortune.

Oh, and Fedor can take Lesnar any day.
Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

jimmy is on a distinguished road

I'd rather be in UFC, because no matter what, you're gonna be making big money win or lose and you have time to prepare for the fight. WWE is iffy on salary. It's all about how entertaining you can be and how much merchandise you can pull in. Only the BIG stars of WWE make A LOT of money. the mid-carders make about half of that. Plus, WWE traveling schedule is VERY stressful
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Necro Jnr is on a distinguished road

Id do WWE for a few years to get my name out there and for the fame then id go and do ufc
Necro Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

Xann B is on a distinguished road

Brock was getting almost 7M a year? I very much doubt that. Cena and Triple H only get just over 2M per year.
Xann B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

FridgeBot is on a distinguished road

Since wrestling is fake and you don't get hurt as bad UFC I would choose the WWE.

sportswearforall.com
FridgeBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Pook S? is on a distinguished road

UFC, because the WWE has so many crazy rules, like you have to be in character when in public, like if your a heel, you have to act like a heel in public or WWE might fire you for that, or other dumb reasons.. even though UFC is a tad more dangerous, with more cuts, and more dangerous moves, it's a good place to be because if you were a rookie you get paid at least 1,000 bucks every time you fight, others get more, others get less, it depends, some MMA fighters get paid 100,000-400,000 a match and when the year's up, they have 1 million extra, plus bonus is 60,000, so thats like getting roughly 200,000 after one fight. plus theres no restrictions in UFC, and you can act how you want, and you can fight when you want.
Pook S? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Rassling Fundamentals is on a distinguished road

Lesnar also gets money from endorsements but that is because he is a PROVEN winner in UFC. The lighter schedule + the freedom to do whatever he wants on his free time is better than going on the road 250 days a year. I mean come on who doesn't want to stay home all day with Sable and make babies?!?!?!?!

Money is nothing if you are not happy with the lifestyle.

The choice is to work 10 hours in the gym training for MMA or being on the road 6 days a week as a pro wrestler. All it takes is one loss in MMA to literally lose the job security so it is high risk but the rewards are greater on the freedom standpoint. Come on all it takes is like 3 months to train for the fight that might last 1-to-25 minutes.
Rassling Fundamentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Candle is on a distinguished road

Depends on your positioning in either.

Regardless though I think I'd take the WWE life. Even if you're a low card talent, there's a good chance that you could spend years sitting at home collecting checks before the WWE realizes they're doing nothing with you and decide to either use you or cut you loose.

While the work schedule and PR is more rigorous, at least within the WWE there are limitations to what you're allowed to do that could affect the longevity of your career, whereas in UFC any fight could be your last regardless to new regulations. If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch UFC from 99 and early 2000, there weren't even any weight classes or fighting restrictions. I've seen many a bone break and known it. It's gotten loads safer, but it's still less risky to take part in a sport where people are trying to avoid hurting you as much as possible, opposed to one where the main perennial dictum is to make you tap out or KO.
Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

??????? is on a distinguished road

From a financial standpoint, UFC would be the way to go. The lifestyle choices would be much more pure than they would if i joined the WWE. See, if I were in the UFC, I could settle down and start a family. But if I were in the WWE, I would be unable to do that. For me, the amount of money wouldn't be a big difference. If Lesnar fought three times in a year in the UFC, that would have been Two Million dollars. If you have three fights every year for seven years and each of them are worth Four Hundred Thousand isn't far behind from Forty-Five Million either.

Also, I would be able to see my family more if I were a UFC fighter. Depending on injuries, I could spend over Two Hundred days with my family at home. If I were in the WWE, the number wouldn't even be close to that, which rules out WWE for better lifestyle.

So the company I would choose to be in would be the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Of course, this is all basing on the amount of money you receive and which company you have a better life in.
??????? is offline   Reply With Quote