ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is it just me or does Smackdown vs Raw 2011's WWE Universe Mode sound sort of like Raw 2's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Joe Billy is on a distinguished road
Default Is it just me or does Smackdown vs Raw 2011's WWE Universe Mode sound sort of like Raw 2's

Season mode? In both modes, you get a show card, and a match, you get into rivalries, you create allies, get title shots, get matches based on your rivalries and there are cut scenes. There are some differences but to me they sound similar.
Joe Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

jughandleslam is on a distinguished road

There are a lot of similarities, and in fact, they did mention RAW 2's season as an inspiration. There are a lot of differences, though, as well. And I'm sure that it will be connected a lot better, rather than a sort of pointless romp through the shows like RAW 2's seemed to be.

Note: In RAW 2, there was a lot of problems with the backstage deals, enemies were easily made, but friends was impossible. Friends didn't actually help you much at all, either. The stories didn't matter because the game only gave you title shots when it felt like it, and that sometimes was NEVER depending on who you were playing as at the time (when I played as Jericho, I lost matches on purpose and still got championship matches all the time, but when I played as Hurricane, I had the highest rating but never had title shots except by winning the Royal Rumble, and even then the match turned into a three way for some reason with no explanation).

Also, it felt as if your character was the only one that mattered. This one actually will have a rating system so that the matches you don't play still matter, like they did in GM mode.

In either case, there is just so far you can go without using old ideas. Look at Road to Wrestlemania, many attributed that to the season mode from No Mercy. And even further, look at RAW 2's season mode, and then look back to Wrestlemania 2000 for N64, virtually the same thing, except they added cut scenes and fatigue... it still made no sense and title matches just happened...

No they're updating it by alloying you to create the scenarios that cause the title matches.

And also note that you can change any match at any time. You're still the booker of the shows. So think RAW 2's season + SvR's GM Mode.
jughandleslam is offline   Reply With Quote