ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What do you think the Attitude Era would have been like if Shawn Michaels wasnt hurt and active?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Aug 2010, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Y2Jericho Save_Us is on a distinguished road
Default What do you think the Attitude Era would have been like if Shawn Michaels wasnt hurt and active?

do you think it would be better or the same

BQ: What would the Invasion storyline be like if Triple H wasn't hurt, would he have been on Team WWF or The Alliance since his wife stephanie was on the alliance and Triple H was teamin with Austin
Y2Jericho Save_Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Dsgsdgsdgsdg Dddgsrd is on a distinguished road

Okay
Dsgsdgsdgsdg Dddgsrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

WWEntertainmentwithAttitude is on a distinguished road

Better we would have seen The Rock Vs Shawn Michaels!
WWEntertainmentwithAttitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

WWE Champion Sheamus is on a distinguished road

It could have lasted until 2020.
WWE Champion Sheamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

gary is on a distinguished road

it would be better because hbk was bad @$$ in the 90's

hh may have been with the alliance for a beeter heel fued/ story line
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 11:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Athletically Sound. is on a distinguished road

To be honest, it would have been better.

Shawn, at that point, was way over and would have been pushed further as a result.

With that happening, we would have had some amazing matches, and some nice segments along the way.

Simply put, Shawn would be known as one of the wrestlers whom had a serious impact on the attitude era.

BQ: Triple H would have joined the alliance, and he and Austin at that point would have reeked a mass amount of carnage.
Athletically Sound. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road

It would've been much worse. I think we would've saw more of Shawn and Hunter's crap on screen. The Austin/Rock rivalry wouldn't have been as big or as good as it was, if it even would've happened, because Shawn would've been there to say to Vince Hey, I'm a prick. Keep me in the main events all the time. Remember, at that time Shawn was still on drugs and still as cocky as could be. He didn't really turn his life around until late 2001-2002. Shawn almost refused to drop the title to Austin until somebody had to make him. He would have attempted to run the show with himself headlining everything and the storylines might not have been as good. But the match quality would have been better if he was there, but that's all I'll give him credit for.

Now anybody who thinks I have no clue what I'm talking about is clearly PG oriented.
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 12:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Y!A_s Apex Predator is on a distinguished road

It would have been worse if anybody knows the truth of what was going behind the scenes Shawn Michaels was one of the guys who would politic his way into winning matches he'd have a lot of control over booking matches and wins for him and anyone who benefitted him. He personally tried to prevent Steve Austin from winning the heavyweight championship from him. Guys like him probably would've hindered guys like Stone Cold and The Rock from being the stars that they were. HBK may have changed his ways now but back then he was not a guy who would look after others. He was all about himself back in the day.

BQ: I wondered that a lot, I think he would have still been on team WWF I think the WWF might have pulled the old ignore reality bit in the storyline and pretend they aren't related which they did off again and on again for some storylines. I think missing Triple H was a big loss for the angle but so was missing a lot of top guys from WCW and I think it was some what good for guys like Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle at the time to get a push rather than having Triple H get a push.
Y!A_s Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Nothing buries talents like CENA is on a distinguished road

Even better.

BQ: I guess HHH would have been in Team WWE
Nothing buries talents like CENA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Rassling Fundamentals is on a distinguished road

First of all HHH and Austin would of never gotten the main event spot that Shawn left. Steve Austin would still be the Ring Master and HHH would not be The Game and DX would of never gone anywhere because HBK was the star of the team and drew all of the attention. HHH would still be having pig farm matches with his manish girlfriend slapping people around.

The only reason why Austin, HHH, Rock, Mankind got to the top was because WWF was in panic mode looking for the next big star.....lucky for them they all made it.

I figure Austin would of never gone to the WCW side so the WWF team would be lead by Austin with HHH, Undertaker, Kane, APA as the main guys.
Rassling Fundamentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 12:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Young Noob

Kevin The One Man RockStar is on a distinguished road

The original DX would have been around a long time. Austin would have continued feuding with Michaels for a couple of ppvs, we would have seen:

HBK vs Austin Rematch from WM14

HBK vs The Rock

DX with HBK vs The Nation of Domination

HBK vs Kane with Mask

So many possibilities
Kevin The One Man RockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 12:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Young Noob

R?t?d Sile?t is on a distinguished road

I believe Shawn Michaels would not have made that big of an impact. There are four things that Michaels is remebered for today. When he and Razor Ramon put on a classic ladder match at both SummerSlam and WrestleMania. Coming down from the rafters at WrestleMania 12, if I'm not mistaken. He is also remebered for kicking Marty Jenetty through the Barber Shop window. But, there is one moment that made him into someone known is his injury.

If Shawn Michaels did not get injured, he would have not been as popular coming back since he was not as populat before he got injured. It is like a death of a wrestler, once a wrestler dies, people talk about he/she as if they were their favorite wrestler, and when he returned, everyone jumped onto the bandwagon of Shawn Michaels lovers,

...We also need to take into the fact that Shawn Michaels was honestly a piece of...in real life at the beginning of his career, the only fans that liked Shawn Michaels was teenage female fans, and cougars, and when he got injured, everyone started to realize how good he was.

So, I believe he wouldn't have had a big impact in the wrestling industry, and the reason why he blew-up in the business, is because he got injured, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon when he came back.

BQ:I believe Triple H would have gone against his wife, which would have made things more interesting, Hell, if he was never injured, that could have changed what we viewed wrestling today. Stephanie could have divorced Triple H in real life because he could have roughed her up, and if he would have seperated from Stephanie, the landscape of the wrestling industry in it's entirety would have changed.
R?t?d Sile?t is offline   Reply With Quote