ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

So a battered Jeff Hardy dressed in street clothes is better than a fresh Rob Terry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2010, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
ME!
Young Noob

ME! is on a distinguished road
Default So a battered Jeff Hardy dressed in street clothes is better than a fresh Rob Terry?

I know it was scripted 4 Hardy to win. I even understand why he won (because he's the bigger superstar) but it just seem like he beat him kinda easy. It only took him like 10 minutes. Thoughts
ME! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Barry Wilson is on a distinguished road

I think they were trying to make a point about Jeff Hardy's state of mind. His character is out for vengence because of what happened to RVD and Rob Terry was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Barry Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

namenotpickedyet is on a distinguished road

Yeah it's dificult to make that look real. Especially when Hardy is huffing puffing you can tell Terry is not hurt at all.
namenotpickedyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN BROTHER is on a distinguished road

Yeah but they did have a lot of matches going on for the tournament plus the other matches on the card, so the matches werent going to be all that long. Plus Rob is so damn big that you just cant do a lot with the dude anyway. He has the look but he is just too muscle bound to move like he needs to.
LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN BROTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

jughandleslam is on a distinguished road

This is a weird question. First, Jeff Hardy's popularity is insane for some reason, despite his talent being fairly low and not a good speaker at all... But let's get the specifics out of the way.

Jeff Hardy is ALWAYS in street clothes. He never had a specific ring gear, even when he's wearing gear so this part of the question shouldn't matter.

Second, Hardy's popularity will automatically put him over Rob Terry in almost every circumstance, unless they were really pushing Terry as a monster... which TNA doesn't seem to know how to push ANY new talent at all.

Third, Terry is a horrible wrestler and character. He's got the look, but he is definitely not a great asset to the company in any other standpoint. They tried with him, but it just didn't connect with the fans, so he's become Star Fodder or Jobber to the Stars where he is a known entity, but only useful in making others look stronger.

Ten minutes is actually the limitations on most televised matches unless there is a storyline involved in the match itself. I'm sure this match was shorter by far, and was really just there to make Hardy look formidable, even when he was beaten down.
jughandleslam is offline   Reply With Quote