ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Did the IWC change any of your views on professional wrestling + BQ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

S?co?d City S?i?t? Y!A M??i?? is on a distinguished road
Default Did the IWC change any of your views on professional wrestling + BQ?

BQ: Do you agree this is the funniest user: http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;...ow=LyticVZ7aa?

I messed up the link

Here is the right link: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...nfo-LyticVZ7aa

This is the person I meant: http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;...how=LyticVZ7aa

That guy is my favorite user. He is one of the best troll I ever seen.

RSCP IWC is the internet wrestling community.

He is insulting the ten best users. He is hilarious

IWC=INTERNET WRESTLING COMMUNITY
S?co?d City S?i?t? Y!A M??i?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Lizacod is on a distinguished road

I used to really like Randy Orton until I started on Yahoo! Answers, but then the war against Orton started and there were so many points made both for and against Randy that I've chosen to stay mutual on the guy. In this case, it's better to stay outside of the fire.

BQ: Haha, I remember when I first fell for that. It made me happy for a couple of seconds though, so I thank you for that.

EDIT: Ahh, I see. A troll used that link and was trying to insult everybody about a month ago - safe to say it confused the hell out of me, lol.

Actual BQ: I'm not sure if he's funniest, but he's pretty funny and definitely made my day. Tiffany's theme has been stuck in my ever since I saw his last question, and it's okay... by no means one of my favorites, but I'm still getting a good laugh out of being the Tiffany of the WS. xD I might actually change my avatar to celebrate this 'momentous' occasion, lmao.
Lizacod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

?i?? ? h??m???l(Y!A M??i?) is on a distinguished road

Yes, but I really don't let other people opinions affect what I say and do when it comes to pretty much wrestling and everything I do in my life, sure I mean I will listen to other peoples opinions but if I agree or disagree with I will still stand by my statement unless I was being blind on the topic, so yes the IWC has change my view on certain things. But at times you have to stand by your view on a certain topic, because you need to be confident on what you are saying, unless the person give me facts and reasons on the certain topic I say ok, but I think I am right, so it depends.

BQ: LMAO, Hell Yeah, who ever this is they need to teach JIMMY and other how to be a troll, because who over he or she is they sure make my day.
?i?? ? h??m???l(Y!A M??i?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Red Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster everRed Sexy Cerebral Phenom is the absolute WORST poster ever

Not really. The internet itself has, but not the IWC.

Edit:I already knew that.
Red Sexy Cerebral Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Straight Edge Suicide . is on a distinguished road

I clicked the 1st link and I was like: WTF .

But then I clicked the other one I was like ok .
Straight Edge Suicide . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

R?t?d Sile?t is on a distinguished road

Not the IWC as a whole, but the IWC on Yahoo! Answers in this section is what changed my opinion on wrestling in itself. I can remember me thinking wrestling was all real, until I asked a question here 3-4 years ago, and I just started learning from there, I have studied, and know much about wrestling since the mid 70's.

As a whole, nothing really goes on. In my opinion, you have five major sites in which the IWC thrives upon and that is here, WWE Universe, MySpace, FaceBook, and YouTube, that is pretty much all. But, I spend most of my time on here during the day which is the reason I had said, only here is what affects me.

I have learned a lot just by reading The Dragon's, and Clark W.'s answers. They truly know a lot, and I have learned so much from them. But I could really care less for trolls who bash wrestling, the only reason why wrestling is considered fake to many is because of the WWE. I was once a WWE mark, we were all once earlier in our life, but we have grown up, and learned to accept wrestling, as just that, wrestling, and to not bash wrestling, because it is the same thing.

So, my views are still the same for the most part, I have just learned a lot along the way.

BQ:I will have to agree to a certain extent. KNOW YOUR ROLE, and Chicago Knight are two of the funniest users of all time. I find it hilarious when they answer a question for the most part. Their would be no wrestling section without KNOW YOUR ROLE's in your face answers, and Chicago Knight's sarcastic answers. But, that user is hilarious, and I just laughed for 5 straight minutes, on one of her previous questions.
R?t?d Sile?t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road

No not at all. I don't buy into rumors/hearsay. When I want to know something, then I'll research the facts myself and make my own conclusions. And that is usually why I'm so passionate in my arguments because a lot of these people try to challenge my factual evidence that also includes my many years of watching wrestling. The fact of the matter is that I and ONLY I decide what I like and what I don't like.

BQ: Ehhhhh......that troll's just another idiot. Some funny people on here to me first and foremost are the ones with the funny @ss names like Horny the Clown. And the day that I saw a user name himself Piss Bottle Jones was the day that I laughed myself into tears. I cried laughing at that for at least an hour.
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

450 Gabriel N-6 Leader is on a distinguished road

Yeah,it have change me a lot.I was like a wrestling fan who only likes face wrestler but since I joined Y!A,I started to like heels like The Miz Jack Swagger.I still remember how I considered Batista is a great wrestler,but because of Y!A users,I start to thinks that he can't wrestler.I was like a Cena mark before,but after 3 to 4 month here,I'm no longer his mark,I'm no longer a big fan of him,now I'm only a regular fan of him.IWC really have change me a lot,the other peoples oppinion really have affected me.

BQ:The first link is actually linlk to my profile.

That user is not that hillarious,I honestly think Chicago Knight is funnier,look at his answer for this question http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...nfo-mZw7zx5Eaa .How funny is that!?

Can anyone asnwer my question http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8190117AATXbk5
450 Gabriel N-6 Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

sharpshooter is on a distinguished road

The women in wrestling. back when I watched it, I kept telling my self, they are trying to be independent strong women making a statement. This was back in 2004 when the women were trying to be eyecandy, but none the less, I respected them for what they do. Then I go on the internet only to find that people on the internet do see them as eye candy. So in a way, I was able to say, man, the women on WWE couldn't wrestle. People kept bringing up names of women from the indies that can wrestle, and compared to them, oh my god, they really were that bad. I was just in denial, as I don't normally like to judge people to negatively, but after seeing the IWC talk about them, I can safely say I did to. I was a WWE fan at the time, and TNA didn't come out til 2005, which wasn't that different. So in a way, I was exposed to the truth of how the business works. WWE hired women wrestler to mostly look pretty because other wise, they would had hired people that can wrestler. So after that, I try to look at business decisions as well, completly changing the way I saw WWE. But at the same time, I was exposed to indies and wrestling in Japan and Mexico. So I can say that the IWC showed me that pro-wrestling is a serious business and intorduced me to other wrestling promotions. So I guess you can say, I was no longer brainwashed by WWE and expanded my interest in pro-wrestling in general.

BQ: Definitely funny. I actually like trolls like that. Is he a troll? I hate trolls that aren't clever and just say wrestling is lame. *cough-JIMMY* but this user is clever and pretty funny. At first, I was like, why? If people didn't know, I was compare to Vickie Guerrero. So for a second, somewhat insult, but I just laughed it off. It was pretty good. made my day. So if this was a troll, he certainly became my favorite troll, as I've never had one.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Deadman 4 Life? is on a distinguished road

The IWC as a whole? Hell to the no. If I actually conformed and changed my views to what the IWC believes (I'm talking about the majority of course), my views would be. . .

- That Randy Orton is the best wrestler

- That the Attitude Era was perfect, that nothing bad ever happened in it

- That PG Era sucks

- That most babyfaces suck. Heels rule

- That Cena is the worst superstar of all time, and that he's the cause of every bad problem in the WWE

etc.

Not only that, if I conformed to the IWC's habits, I would

- Mindless and constantly complain, no matter what

- Scour the internet for spoiler and insider sites, to learn all the so called backstage dirt and then act superior, claiming the WWE can't fool me

- Bash the WWE but tune in every day

- Bash the WWE but bash other companies much more

etc

I've learned not to follow the herd, not to change my opinion simply because the majority believes so.

However, there are certain users that I have learned a LOT from, and that have influenced my views and opinions. The most obvious is The Dragon, from whom I have learned a whole lot of wrestling history. Another one is Matt Swagger. He influenced me to watch other companies and changed my views on them (TNA). There a lot of others, like The Bottomline, Superior Quality, etc.

BQ: Eh I've seen funnier users. Besides, trolls never struck me as funny. . .
Deadman 4 Life? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

Braden is on a distinguished road

I've started to actually like John Cena more. And it is because of the IWC. Mainly because of the people who hate him are some of the biggest crybabies on the planet.
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 02:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

Superior Quality 85? (PTSF) is on a distinguished road

F*ck no, at times, I've just learned from people from an early age that IWC can be judgmental, arrogant and downright pricks, it's just a place where you can never get just one happy fan who is enjoying wrestling in general

So, to say if it has changed any views, in my eyes, it has on some parts, I've changed the way that I see actual wrestling, I've grasped of what could be seen as good in-ring physiology that makes a better wrestling match and a better storydriven match by some IWC users and, of course, the IWC made me realize there is many more promotions around the world that I could be seeing

I mean, if I were to go through where you have to do the majority of things where the IWC seems to constantly do is what D4L basically said and some other things like bash TNA constantly and hail the heels because they think it's a cool thing to do but I'm not gonna change just who I am to please other users, if someone said to me 'John Morrison is great', I would have to respectfully disagree and tell that person why I think he'll never amount to much in the WWE, it's just me

So, to change your views to that of a typical IWC person, is a bit bandwagon-like and you basically become a follower and you become brainwashed by hundreds of users that John Cena is a bad wrestler (he's alright, at best), the Attitude Era was the best era ever (WWE fans constantly overrate the Attitude Era) and PG Era sucks (if WWE produced better wrestling, PG wouldn't be a problem to some people)

IWC is a bunch of hypocrites anyways, who quickly change their minds about one thing to the other and, again, are not getting their satisfaction by watching what WWE, TNA or RoH are producing
Superior Quality 85? (PTSF) is offline   Reply With Quote