ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

AGREE OR DISAGREE: RUTHLESS AGGRESSION?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road
Default AGREE OR DISAGREE: RUTHLESS AGGRESSION?

Ruthless Aggression and PG Fans have no respect for past eras before theirs

No controversy intended (unless you want it). Just want to hear some opinions and give certain fans an opportunity to explain themselves

@Super NaturaL: Wasn't trying to, it's just that this certain little prick was just trying to debate me about something he knew nothing about

I liked the Ruthless Aggression Era too. And I wasn't just referring to the Attitude Era but also the New Generation Era and the Golden Age.
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

I Got 1 Left B!-CH! is on a distinguished road

This I do agree w/. Each era leads to a new one. You need to know where it's been to understand more of what's going on today.
I Got 1 Left B!-CH! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Stone Cold is on a distinguished road

well i liked the the attitude era, but the ruthless aggression was good, from 2002 to 2004.
Stone Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Super NaturaL is on a distinguished road

LoL dude stop making us attitude fans appear to be old as dirt. These young wipper snappers have no respect , back in my day I had to walk 5 miles in the snow to watch raw is war! Pro wrestling as a whole does not get the respect it deserves so let the haters hate as the kids like to say these days. Which I guess means let dumbasses be dumbasses as they would say in our day.
Super NaturaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

The Peoples Champ is on a distinguished road

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

ALL HAIL THE KING!!! is on a distinguished road

I actually don't have a problem with the Ruthless Aggression era, I see it as an extension of the Attitude Era and a pretty good time in Wrestling, SD! was doing some pretty cool stuff and creating some good new stars like Brock Lesnar, I even think Rapper John Cena was entertaining at times, but I do agree, I don't see many Ruthless Aggression fans on here, but the few I have seem to totally disrespect past eras like the Attitude Era, which there wouldn't even of been a Ruthless Aggression Era if it wasn't for the Attitude Era!

As far as the PG Fans, they just disrespect all past eras, you can see that with how they disrespect the legends from past eras, People Hate on Ric Flair, for Joining TNA and leaving WWE's PG Programming, and Flair was a part of almost every past era, same goes for Hogan! Every time a superstar from a past era goes to TNA, like RVD, that star gets labeled as a wash up has been by so many PG fans, the insults start flying, just because that star doesn't want to be a part of WWE and it's PG Programming, it is sickening!
ALL HAIL THE KING!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Evan is on a distinguished road

I think that the pg era is hard to accept though because it goes against EVERYTHING that the hardcore fans believed in, thats why people are slowly realizing that TNA is the way to go because it has blood, violence, chair shots to the head, and shit but at the same time, you have a guy that killed WCW that booking TNA. Thats the one huge obstical that TNA faces to this day.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

WWE_s Apex Predator is on a distinguished road

I Totally Agree
WWE_s Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

stephen_p2381 is on a distinguished road

I would'nt say Ruthless Aggression fans don't respect past era's, I'd say most PG fans don't respect past era's, Actually I would say PG fans don't understand the past.

I have asked alot of questions about certain wrestlers from the past, I have got alot of feed backs on users fans, saying they have no idea who that is so fourth.

IdK about most wrestling fan's I grew up watching this stuff in the mid 80's, As I grew up I was always interested in knowing the past what created wrestling, who was infamous in thier time before the Rockers before Sting, Before Ric Flair,before the 4 Horseman so on..

Some of these kids need to realize there is alot more to wrestling then what they see on TV, Randy Orton John Cena are not what wrestling is, If that makes sense!! NO im not bashing current wrestlers.

Then again, When we were all young fans all we knew was what we saw on TV also. So fact of the matter is, They just need to grow up. Do some research, youtube the past of wrestling....
stephen_p2381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

DASHING is on a distinguished road

I agree I was born in 1992 and I remember as a kid watching Taker, The Rock, Austin and HBK in their prime and there was nothing better. I also buy DVD's and revisit the past becuase I know there are millions of matches I missed out on just because I was born in 92 but I do respect the years before Attitude.
DASHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 12:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

?Hell?Raiser? is on a distinguished road

Disagree,

I Myself became a Wrestling fan through The Ruthless Aggression era but i absolutely Respect Past Eras Including the Attitude era(which is my second favorite era) and Especially the Golden age...

I don't think all PG fans disrespect past eras,some of them do because they don't know jack sh*t about it but not all of them.
?Hell?Raiser? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Nothing buries talents like CENA is on a distinguished road

I'm actually gonna disagree on this one cuz if you go to Youtube, there's always comments where Attitude Era fans trash talks PG ERA ALL DAY LONG
Nothing buries talents like CENA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 12:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jobber

sharpshooter is on a distinguished road

Not all, but sadly, a couple people and its all due to ignorance. They just haven't seen or research it. You can't respect something if you don't know or understand it, otherwise, your just saying stuff and conforming to fit in. I grew up with the Ruthless Agression Era, but my favorite will always be the Golden Era, as thats when wrestling was not only clean, the storylines were pretty good, and the wrestling and talent was absolutely amazing. I mean, you think the current PG fans would love this era, as it up holds the clean image and unbelieveable storylines and role models. And that fans of the Ruthless Aggression would love the Attitude Era. I would think that would spark a lot of interest in the past eras. I, for one, is happy that WWE still has old images and footage of the past eras. Its one thing learn about it, but its another thing to actually see it. I'm not gonna lie, there isn't that many matches of Andre the Giant and other matches of the Golden Era on footage anymore. So how can younger fans be able to see it, and if they can't see it, they can't truly understand it. People can research the Golden Era or Attitude Era all they want, but paragraphs doesn't describe everything that the era has offered. They just have to see the matches and promos to understand why people find it as a big deal. Seeing is believing. Thank god for the internet and WWE classics. But yeah, most fans don't respect it and thats only because they haven't truly seen it to understand it. If some fan wants to live in their one era bubble, let them, because I know that I am more open minded and therefore better. Those people that don't respect the past, not just in pro-wrestling, but in life, never truly understand life. As a fan from the Ruthless Agression Era, I once thought hardcore and violence was the greatest form of entertainment. Did my research and watched some old clips, and suddenly, I prefer the clean wrestling that the family can enjoy. (I'm a family type person) I learned something new about myself. So if its not about respect, I believe that people that are close-minded deprive themselves from the truth that might change the way they think. So thats why I always tell people, give it a try, and if you hate it, that okay, as long as you tried and saw a new persepctive. I can respect that. Its important to know how these things came to be, and its a true fact that if it wasn't for the past era's, their favorite would had never happened. So if there are any close minded PG/ Ruthless Agression fans out there, give it a try. Their favorite wrestlers from those era grew and was inspired by the past eras too. It honestly would had never happened if it wasn't for those past eras. They do play a huge role in wrestling today.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2010, 12:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jobber

WWF ATTITUDE (X9) is on a distinguished road

I disagree with only part of your question. I thought the Ruthless Aggression Era was just what I like to call New Attitude. And their fans I bet absolutely hate PG Fans with the PG Rating. As with the PG Fans,i do agree. They don't give a damn about the company's history about whats good and whats bad. I started watching in 1995 before the Attitude Era and i didn't really care much about the past because i didn't have any videos about the Golden Age. I know that's all different for new fans coming in,I know they all own a computer and they should come on there and watch videos of the past and they don't know what they'ree missing. Me and you are the biggest Attitude Era fans on here and you know back then we didn't have any YouTube to be searching for videos of the past.
WWF ATTITUDE (X9) is offline   Reply With Quote