ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is Jericho showing signs of a face turn?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

4point0 is on a distinguished road
Default Is Jericho showing signs of a face turn?

On Raw this past monday, and at Summerslam, Jericho did high- flying moves. And on Raw he did high-flying moves, along with trying to do the lionsalt which I hadn't seen him do since his heel turn. He even raised his fist to the crowd and didn't get boo's, he in fact got a big pop. And he didn't once try to cheat. There were even Y2J chants on Summerslam and Raw. Does this mean he is becoming face? I sure hope it does.

@Ros.Co: I could be wrong here, but I thought Jericho and Edge teaming up was just to antagonize Cena and Team WWE. Once they got back with Cena I thought that team was over, I could be wrong though.

@Ros.Co: You're right, I forgot about that part. I was paying so much attention to Cena hoping he turned. Lol.
4point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

L.M.6.9 is on a distinguished road

I would hope he does and he gets his Y2J gimmick back.

Ladies and Gentleman, Welcome 2 RAW IS JERICHO!
L.M.6.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Ros.Co is on a distinguished road

Woah your blowing this way out of perspective here. He always does the lionsault, just doesnt hit that often. he has the abiblity to do highflying stuff so he uses it...doesnt make him face. He doesnt always cheat and the nexus are supposed to be the main heels anyway so its pointless outshining them with another heel. He was cheered because he was on team WWE, edge was cheered aswell. infact even the miz got a bit of a face pop when he came out at summerslam. The Y2J chants are always there, just not very loud if he were in for example st loise and he were facing evan bourne or randy ortan.

And just to show he isnt becomeing face, he and edge have banded together...two of the top heels, it would be a big mistake turning them into faces considering there arnt many huge heels left in the wwe.

@asker- I had thought this too but if you watched the summerslam ppv, they were both backstage together in that segment with the miz and the slim jim. they tagged each other in mostly during the match, when jericho got eliminated edge went to take his place straight away and finally they both beat down cena during the match and left the arena together. i could be reading to much into is but id say there is an alliance there.
Ros.Co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

I think they are testing the waters for a face turn around the time his contract roles over in October... as far as signs I started to notice a few in his interaction with Bourne last Month but then they dialed it back a little, and now they seem to be teasing it again

It would be interesting to see him turn face and re-ignite his issues with Edge -- Its been forever, if not ever, since I've seen a double turn in a feud within a year... right now with the roster Depth on Raw if Orton were to be hurt (he's either really selling the shoulder injury from earlier this summer or its still not 100%) I could see Jericho take the Belt from Sheamus and reignite his issues with edge, while Sheamus battles HHH... (but that all depends on the timing of HHH's return, and if/when Orton's Shoulder cannot be ignored-- again assuming its not just good salesmanship
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote