ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Which has killed the element of surprise in pro wrestling more: The Internet or Wrestling Company's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

?i?? ? h??m???l(Y!A M??i?) is on a distinguished road
Default Which has killed the element of surprise in pro wrestling more: The Internet or Wrestling Company's?

Internet- Includes people working for wrestling company's that post spoilers and rumors that people may leak.

Wrestling Company's- WWE,TNA and others, making predictable storylines and stuff that people can easly figure out.

BTW, Is Randy Savage, black or white.
?i?? ? h??m???l(Y!A M??i?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road

Well this one's obviously that d@mn internet which I am currently using right now. The spoilers/rumors and all that crap ruins the surprises that are supposed to be used in wrestling as methods of excitement. Wrestling is predictable but it wouldn't be as much without the internet
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Brianna is on a distinguished road

I think that Wrestling Companies have made Pro Wrestling more predictable. It's true, sometimes rumors and spoilers came be a surprise, but most of the time things on the internet explicitly say that they are spoilers, meaning that it is your choice to spoil any surprises. WWE's storylines have just become very predictable, but sometimes that can be a good thing.
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Daniel Bryan: True Warrior 5.9 is on a distinguished road

Both have equally killed the prospect of the pro wrestling world, but the Internet has been the main source of problem, due to spoilers leaking online early and storylines becoming predictable. The Internet has caused more of a drought to the wrestling community more than anything, as it gives away live results, spoilers, and possible news, which gives away most of the promotion's legal value.

The promotions themselves have also done damage as much, but it doesn't put as much of an impact towards spoilers, and news that the Internet leaks.
Daniel Bryan: True Warrior 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

S?co?d City S?i?t? Y!A M??i?? is on a distinguished road

Internet by far. They spoil a lot of things. Like if a wrestle is going to return, wrestlling site, and a lot more.
S?co?d City S?i?t? Y!A M??i?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

sharpshooter is on a distinguished road

The Internet. The wrestling stories are only predictable because of the spoilers and rumors. Like the Royal Rumble this year in WWE. The rumor, Edge was healed from his injury and ready to come back. And guess what, he won. If that news never came out, I bet peopl would still had bet HBK would win to face Taker, an another rumor that came up. Honestly, if people just stayed away from the internet for a week, I think wrestling would become more interesting. I once went 2 months without the internet and I enjoyed watching WWE. I had no news, rumors, spoilers, etc. Like when Daniel Bryan was annouced for Summerslam an hour before the match, I didn't know because I wasn't on the internet when I was watching. (Though in this case, blame the company for posting it early) And I marked out like there was no tomorow. So in my personal opinion, its the internet that ruins the element of surprise. I mean, if WWE or TNA does make a predictable storyline, at least its fun to take a guess. With rumors and spoilers from the internet, people sound like know it alls, and when the rumor is false, i am more then happy to laugh at his face. But yes, the internet ruins the element of surprise, as you notice, before the internet, pro-wrestling was much more entertaining.

EDIT: Macho Man Randy Savage? Last I checked, he was white. Here is a picture of him.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...avage_1986.jpg
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Priceline Negotiator! is on a distinguished road

The wrestling companies crippled it, but the internet definitely dealt the death blow.
Priceline Negotiator! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Santino Marella is on a distinguished road

Definitely the internet. Storylines wouldn't be as predictable if it wasn't for the internet leaking spoilers in my opinion. I bet there's alot of people that read spoilers and then call the product predictable afterwards.
Santino Marella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

bannedfromheaven is on a distinguished road

i think the internet has done it. lets face it, the wwe has been around for so long, its too hard to think of new storylines, sure there are always new superstars coming through and starting new fueds but at some point you can't help repeating yourself.

but like someone above me said, most spoliers on the net let you know that they are spoliers so its your choice to read it or not
bannedfromheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

TheViperette is on a distinguished road

Internet. I was so pissed because I was trying to see something about Summerslam and I got a crap load of spoilers. I knew almost everything before I saw it. I was upset -_-
TheViperette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Young Noob

Curt Hennig is on a distinguished road

no becasue when wwf was around and even wcw there was no myspace. or internet.

not even cell phones....

you had pocket pagers and pay phones or home phone to call your buddies.

Or a wrestling magazine if it was not sold out.

yeah the internet stinks.

I hate how they actually base thier plots off of poles and votes....

dixie carter fired knockouts for speaking thier mind on twitter for crying out loud!
Curt Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

Hitman3000 is on a distinguished road

internet no doubt. i mean, come on. I wanted to know who it was gonna be on Team WWE as the 7th member and when the info leaked that it was Brian Danielson,(which someone i chatted online with told me) i was so mad because then it became predictable. Wrestling storylines have always been the same but the internet dirt sheets and the snakes in wrestling businesses who give out info for a quick buck really tick me off
Hitman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 11:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Just asking is on a distinguished road

The internet
Just asking is offline   Reply With Quote