ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

If Sting, Goldberg and Hogan part of the InVasion would WCW and ECW would have won the war?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2010, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

B?????y (X9) is on a distinguished road
Default If Sting, Goldberg and Hogan part of the InVasion would WCW and ECW would have won the war?

Think about it.

WCW 4 Life!
B?????y (X9) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

L.M.6.9 is on a distinguished road

HELL YEAH!
L.M.6.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

JackJack? is on a distinguished road

Well no because Vince McMahon would still have written WWF to win haha.

I get what you're saying tho, it definitely would have made it a lot better and given them more WCW stars to work with rather than having WWF stars switch over.
JackJack? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
TNA
Jobber

TNA is on a distinguished road

No.

The invasion was fake, and just done cause Vince bought WCW and ECW.

Didn't matter who came over to the WWF, the WWF was going to win, cause Vince owns the WWF and is not going to let ECW and WCW guys beat his guys.
TNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Mayank S is on a distinguished road

It would have been better than having Stone Cold and Kurt Angle become betrayers. I don't remember the angle completely, but I think Angle had also betrayed WWF whereas it was stupid because he was never in WCW in the past (Austin's betrayal was stupid too, because he was a mid-carder in WCW). They had to do these betrayals because the real top guys of WCW were missing in the Alliance team. If Goldberg and Sting were there, it would have been a better story and would have given better matches. Who wanted to see guys like DDP there?
Mayank S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 03:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

No, because it was all Booked by Vince,

however IF he had gotten all of the top guys (instead most of them were contracted directly to AOL) he would have booked differently...

The original plan was that 'WCW' would eventually 'Take Over' SD! creating the Brand Split that would occur about a year later... so in that sense ECWCW would have won in claiming a WWE show..

but more likely even if the Brand Split had been done that way, the barriers would have eventually broken down just like they have today

one advantage of this type of split would have been that the WCW Titles wouldn't have been merged with the WWE Titles, and then 're-born' after the Brand Split ( I still hold firm, no matter what WWE says, that the WHC and US titles of today have NO CONNECTION to the WCW/NWA version of those belts...

as I type this rant, for those of you still reading... it occurs to me that I could be wrong.. I say this because it was during the time in and around the Invasion/Brand split that they had to Get the F out and change the name to WWE.... depending on the exact Time line... had WCW been a stronger brand (with those and others), I could see Vince booking WCW to win, and simply re branding as WCW instead of WWE ... so while in reality Vince wins, but because he got the rights to WCW when he needed a new Name, it would appear as if WCW won in story
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote