ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What are the most Controversial Moments in Wrestling that lead to Mistakes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Lord of Darkness is on a distinguished road
Default What are the most Controversial Moments in Wrestling that lead to Mistakes?

Such as Montreal Screwjob, that was a controversial thing from the start, but it became a big mistake as well, or airing Benoit's tribute show before all the details.

Give an explanation as to why it is one of the most controversial moments, and one of the biggest mistakes.

Mistakes aren't always bad, my friend.
The Lord of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

pizza and boobs is on a distinguished road

-letting bishoff run wcw

-firing almost all the ecw originals in wwe ecw

-ev 2.0

-john cena gets a new gimick
pizza and boobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

?i?? ? h??m???l(Y!A M??i?) is on a distinguished road

Katie Vick Storyline-When Kane and Triple H were feuding with each other when Triple H revealed a secret of Kane's past, Katie Vick. She was supposed to be Kane's deceased girlfriend. Triple H went into a funeral home and jumped into what was supposed to be her casket and emulated humping a corpse. How f*cking sick was this storyline it brought alot of media to WWE, and alot of people disagreed with it because in some people eyes it went way to far.
?i?? ? h??m???l(Y!A M??i?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

BigAirChicago is on a distinguished road

WWE ruining ECW's reputation

JBL pinning Eddie Guerrero when he was having a seziure, makes him look like an ***hole

Earthquake Killing JTSR Snake
BigAirChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Straight Edge Suicide . is on a distinguished road

ECW - Mass Transit Incident .

Mass Transit was about 19 years old and wanted to team with D-von Dudley in a tag team match against New Jack and Terry Funk . He ended up getting really hurt . Paul Heyman then realized he had no real experience and Mass Transit showed him a fake wrestling license . ECW got sued and couldn't show their ppv Guilty as Charged because of the incident .

Droz Incident .

D-Lo Brown tried a running powerbomb on Droz .. he did it on the wrong angle and Droz ended up paralyzed .

I know more, but they are very long . Go to Kyle L's page and he has a question about them . Some on answered and gives a lot of info .
Straight Edge Suicide . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

bill is on a distinguished road

The birth of the hand was horrendous, and anything involving Giant Gonzales was a train wreck.
bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 02:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

sharpshooter is on a distinguished road

Wait. How was the Montreal Screwjob a mistake? Last I checked, that helped WWF. It introduced the heel boss gimmick in Vince McMahon, was like the starting point towards the Attitude Era, and when Bret Hart went to WCW, he wasn't doing as great a job because of the screwjob, making WCW a little worst. If you ask me, it may had been a horrible event, but it really helped WWF. The only people it got to negatively was HBK (reborn christians need to find forgiveness), Bret Hart, and WCW (as Bret Hart did not perform as well). So how was it a mistake?

And as for your question, faking Vince McMahon's death. That was controversial and I'm sure a lot of people were fooled, as people actually went to WWE's headquater to grive. I think a lot of fans was disgusted of Vince going that far and it blew up in his face. (Not a joke, I'm serious)

Then there was the night Owen Hart died. Many were disgusted that they continued the event even after the tragedy. Many say Owen Hart would had wanted them to continue, but many still feel it was disrespectful.

And the moment that was controversy but, luckily, the mistake was fixed, the recent firing of Daniel Bryan over choking someone with a tie. This is just a personal thought. I felt firing him would had been the biggest mistake ever in these times. Just saying.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote