ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Should WWE Revive/Create a Fans Choice PPV?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Lord of Darkness is on a distinguished road
Default Should WWE Revive/Create a Fans Choice PPV?

Similar to Cyber Sunday, formerly known as Taboo Tuesday, but with more choice.

1) Every time, at the PPV, the WWE/WHC has 4 possible opponents, we can vote for them. If two opponents are within a certain amount of votes (obviously, the two most want to see) it then becomes a Triple Threat. Match choices: Cage, No DQ, Falls Count Anywhere, Last Man Standing

2) A tag match with 3 tag team options, no if within a certain amount, it will just be Tag vs Tag. (If that tag team has the WWE Tag Team Championship, they are automatically put on the line). Match choices, No DQ.

3) IC champion vs whomever, after the fans have voted they can choose whether or not for the Champ to defend...

Think of more, most creative, and best explanations will earn you BA.

Or, do what they do on Reality Voting shows (the vote for eliminations), text *wrestler* to *number*.

But I think that could take to long.
The Lord of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

bfsatgolf is on a distinguished road

no
bfsatgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

coolnutz is on a distinguished road

no the fans are stupid they dont know shit
coolnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

BigAirChicago is on a distinguished road

I think the wwe should Create a PPV, where the fans choose everything(the participants, the match, the stipulation) and send a letter to the wwe HQ, and at random, however many matches there are will be drawn, and the match(in the envelope will be added to the card)

good ideas
BigAirChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

S?co?d City S?i?t? Y!A M??i?? is on a distinguished road

I actually don't like your ideas. I would rather see WWE book the PPVs. Since this means basicly less people can get a match and a lot of people like Main Eventers won't be in a match. I would rather see Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday return
S?co?d City S?i?t? Y!A M??i?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Soccer0wnz is on a distinguished road

they should have a vote
Soccer0wnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Great OneŠ is on a distinguished road

Uhh, after that Raw's Viewers Choice, I would say no thank you. With most of WWE's viewers being under 12 years old, I can just imagine what type of options WWE will have for the viewers.Who do you want to referee the Hell in a Cell match between Randy Orton and Edge for the WWE championship?

A: Stone Cold Steve Austin

B: The Rock

C: Mick Foley

D: Barney the Dinosaur

....believe it or not, I can see D winning the majority of votes. After the people voted a Dance off between Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov on Raw's viewers Choice, I would have to say NO. Anything is possible as long WWE is PG. Hell, Cena could be voted to have a rapping contest against Kaval for the WWE Championship. However, if WWE turns TV-14 again, it wouldn't be half bad. The Taboo Tuesday's and The Cyber Sundays were good and often had good choices for the viewers when WWE was TV- 14.
The Great OneŠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 02:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

sharpshooter is on a distinguished road

I don't like the voting system in particular. Especially with kids being a majority vote. Believe it or not, during that episode of Raw, where fans voted, it was legit, but WWE had way to persuade fans to vote their way. So you gotta be careful.

However, I heard of this wild card concept, where the opponent and match types are randomlized. I think that would be interesting for a new concept. If I were to create a PPV, what I would do is set up the number of opponents, like you said. So say, WWE championship, the champ and two opponents. Then there are 5 cards (each one being #1 contenders) Then two are chosen randomly, and that would be the opponents. It could be the machine from the draft or better yet, asking fans to pick the cards. Then afterwards, they spin a roulette that determines the match type. Then the other 3 that didn't get pick, or something, wrestle in a #1 contender ship match on the PPV. etc. Wouldn't this PPV be awesome in Vegas? So basically, its random which creates more interest and appeal. As for the other matches, its the same idea, but they don't need #1 contendership matches. However, I also notice that there are draw backs. Such as match types no one want to see, but the idea is interesting as Anything can happen. So yeah. Plus I think fans would really get into it.

And no. I don't want to pay for texting. Seriously, 99 cent on each text and chances are, I might not see the match? NEVER!!!
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote