ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Agree or Disagree: It would be a mistake to have Daniel Bryan skip the midcard and go to

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2010, 02:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Lord of Darkness is on a distinguished road
Default Agree or Disagree: It would be a mistake to have Daniel Bryan skip the midcard and go to

the Main Event scene? Agree or Disagree and explain why you think so?
The Lord of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 02:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Awesomeness Personified

The Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the roughThe Awesome One is a jewel in the rough

I agree. I think he could be a real good midcarder fighting/winning the US Title for a while. He just has a US/IC Title look to him. Eventually he should make the Main Event...when his mic skills improve untill then he should get some good feuds with guys like MVP, Morrison, Ted DiBiase Jr. ect.

The Awesome One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 02:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road

I agree. Like I've said before, he may have gotten completely over with the Indy/ROH crowd but he has yet to impress WWE marks/PG Fans and prove to the mainstream world of his skill. Putting him in the main event scene right away would only cause eruption from marks as to, for example, why he got a push and John Morrison didn't
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 02:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Red Wolf is on a distinguished road

I would say nothing!
Red Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 02:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

The Phenom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Phenom Send a message via Yahoo to The Phenom

I AGREE
The Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 02:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

ŠodebŽeakeŽ? is on a distinguished road

Agreed.

I'd prefer to see him earned it. Win US or Tag Team title first would be better than go straight into world title. He's come into WWE as a rookie after all.
ŠodebŽeakeŽ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 02:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Great OneŠ is on a distinguished road

I completely agree. It would seem wierd if an NXT rookie who had 0-9 loss record would quickly be in the main event scene and be winning all of a sudden. Obviously thats really unrealistic. Although I think that Daniel Bryan definately has the wrestling ability to make it in the main event scene even right now, I think it would be a good idea for WWE writers to develop his character a bit. His in ring psychology is amazing, and his wrestling ability is terrific, but, get him to develop some mic skills. Give him some promo's every second week on Raw or something. Get him used to being infront of 20000 people in the arena. Also, as of right now, I can't even understand his character, or understand if he even has a gimmick. I think WWE should give Daniel Bryan a decent gimmick, face for now, and develop his character a bit more. Give him a United States Championship, and move Miz up into the main event status, make him fued with Evan Bourne, or maybe even R-Truth, Kaval, or Alex Riley for the United States Title.

Heck maybe move him to SmackDown and make get him to fued for the Intercontinental Title against Kofi, or Dolph. And after he gets the fans approval, which I know he will, move him up to main event status. Get him to fued with the WWE champion, and just like Jeff Hardy back in 2008, make him chase the WWE Title. I know he can have classic matches with anybody in the WWE, and I'm so looking forward to seeing Daniel Bryan in the future Wrestlmania main events.
The Great OneŠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2010, 02:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

R?t?d Sile?t is on a distinguished road

Now you have me thinking Lord. I am a major Bryan Danielson mark. So, I am kind of on both sides just because of that. I wanna see the best for him, but I just cannot see him shooting up so quick and actually being successful as did Sheamus, and Brock Lesnar. I believe if he did skip the mid-card, and move straight to the main event scene, he would have some great matches, but I doubt he will win any championships.

In the next few weeks, I believe The Miz will win the World Wrestling Entertainment championship, and he feuds with Bryan Danielson for the belt, and Danielson wins it.

Once you go up so quick. You can only go down quicker. Just like Lesnar, he is considered an all time great by many (not all) just for being in the business for two years, and won multiple championships, and put on five star matches. Hell, he even made careers, and broke careers. But, he left after two years which is what I think Danielson will be getting himself into if he shoots up so quickly. Danielson should be comsidered one of the best in the world, if not THE best, and for him not to be in the main event, is pretty insane. I believe he should be a mid carder for a good while to learn the ropes of the WWE, because they are different than any other wrestling promotion on this planet.

Then, I believe he should win the Royal Rumble, and live his dream to highlight WrestleMania at Mania 27. Against someone such as John Cena, your favorite, the Phenom, or even The Miz since we do not know what his status will be withing the next few years. So, I will agree, and disagree. The best in the world should be in the main event, but it will be a mistake to put him in the main event scene, too quick if you catch my drift.
R?t?d Sile?t is offline   Reply With Quote