ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Sting or The Undertaker? Who has had more of a career?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2010, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Says Pardon?!

The Bad Guy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Bad Guy
Default Sting or The Undertaker? Who has had more of a career?

Sting or The Undertaker? Who has had more of a career?
The Bad Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2010, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Kinky Pimp Daddy is on a distinguished road

The Undertaker. He has the WM streak.
Kinky Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2010, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

?i?? ? h??m???l(Y!A M??i?) is on a distinguished road

They both have had a great career, I dont think that you can just say one had a better career, because of a streak or gimmick.
?i?? ? h??m???l(Y!A M??i?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2010, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

L.M.6.9 is on a distinguished road

The Undertaker.

Simply because he is 18-0.
L.M.6.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2010, 06:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Barry Wilson is on a distinguished road

It's hard to admit because Sting is probably my all-time favorite. But I gotta agree with answer one. The undefeated streak at Wrestlemania i probably the difference. Also, I like what the WWE is doing with the Undertaker right now. I don't like what TNA is doing with Sting. I think it's out of character and TOO unrealistic for a personality to change that much. I think the last few months has really gave Sting's career a black eye.
Barry Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2010, 06:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

FridgeBot is on a distinguished road

Sting was my favorite wrestler of all time, but the Undertaker has had more of a career. WCW screwed Sting over.
FridgeBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2010, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

EddyC is on a distinguished road

i think the undertaker because he has been one of the most innovative wrestlers i ever saw. he participated in soo many new events including casket matches, hell in a cell brawls and he has the best gimmick ever! hes seriously good with the microfone and well hes dating michelle mccool lol enuf said!!!!!!!!!!
EddyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2010, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

searchandseekanddestroy is on a distinguished road

Sting has had an awesome career, and you would think that would put him on top cuz he was active till his final days in wcw....Undertaker on the other hand, with kane, are freak of natures cuz big men usually dont last long in this sport......but these 2 have

so my vote will be Undertaker.
searchandseekanddestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2010, 06:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Clown Prince of Crime is on a distinguished road

Unquestionably, The Undertaker.

When you've been apart of a federation for 20 years, you're bound to gain alot of respect. Doing what Taker does isn't easy. Nagging injuries, constant high profile matches, it's alot to be admired when it comes to Takers job. Even gauntlets like Triple H haven't ever talked down about him, and it comes as a surprise seeing as they supposedly dislike each other. Now, when Edge spoke about Eddies death, he mentioned Taker, and said he was the only guy left he could speak to after Chris and Guerrero died. Not to forget Taker is a respected guy backstage, he's earned his keep. And anyone who talks down about him, regardless, will get a crap load of backlash from nearly every other wrestler in the lockeroom. He's like their God, even when The Hardy Boys first started, they where jobbers, but Taker looked out for them, and then was only within his first couple of years in WWE - so it shows he pretty much worked hard all his career.

The only person who i can think of, which comes to close to 'talking down' of Taker, is Stephanie McMahon. She wanted to end Takers streak, for Triple H no doubt - favorism much? Anyway, she wanted it gone and her husband to end it. Thankfully, that never and hopefully, won't happen. He has this undeniable aura about him, even the haters can admit that, heck, does he even have haters? Lame if you can't admire one of the best in the business, and that's an understatement.

Overall, as it has been stated by many other guys (i.e. JBL, Edge, Randy Orton), The Undertaker runs the backstage, and if he says something, it sticks. I believe he was the first to man up and pound McMahon's door and say he needed to apologize to Bret during the whole Survivor Series screwjob and that spoke volumes with the clubhouse, showing that Taker, would stick up for any person, no matter what.

Other reasons are:

1. His gimmick. No one, and I mean no one, could ever pull such unimaginable gimmick like him. His gimmick is supposed to be unbelievable, but yet he last almost two decades with that gimmick. Even people got bored of Hogan american gimmick, but people never got bored seeing The Undertaker. He got the biggest pops in the company, remember?

2. He has an amazing wrestling skills. Not the best, but definitely one of the best. A man of his size doing an old school, suicide jump, Hell's Gate, and flying clothesline. Even Hogan, Rock, Austin, and Cena who were promoted as icon couldn't do that.

3. Although he is an 8 time world champion, his bigger legacy is being the only person to be undefeated at Wrestlemania, the grandest stage of them all. Unparalleled, unsurpassed, unimagined. The streak has become one of the most outstanding record in the history of sports entertainment. No one will ever end it and no one will ever have the same streak. Flair, Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena, HBK, HHH, do they have such streak? His victims including all time greats like Ric Flair, Triple H, Jimmy Snuka, Jake Roberts, and Shawn Michaels. The best of their eras such as Big Show, Edge, Randy Orton, Batista, Sid, Diesel, and Kane. Not to mention he retired Shawn Michaels, The Streak is also ranked 7th in Mirror's top 10 greatest streak in the history of sport.

4. He invented the most frightening matches in the history of WWE. Casket, Last Ride, Boiler Room Brawl, Buried Alive, and above all others, Hell In a Cell. Not to mention he made those matches legendary. Remember him throwing Mankind?

5. His loyalty to WWE. He could easily jump ship back to WCW during the 1990's, but he didn't. He's the father of backstage. The most respected athlete in the sports entertainment. He's over with the fans. He made his opponents look good in every matches possible. He jobs to younger superstars. Not to mention some legendary matches and rivalries with Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Jake Roberts, Yokozuna, The Million Dollar Corporation, Mankind, Diesel, Kane, Stone Cold, Kane, Big Show, Triple H, Ric Flair, Brock Lesnar, JBL, Randy Orton, Edge, Batista, and Shawn Michaels.

Tell me, how is this career not a storied one?
The Clown Prince of Crime is offline   Reply With Quote