ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

wrestling fans What are your thoughts on this article?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Anti Troll? Y!A WOLF PACK is on a distinguished road
Default wrestling fans What are your thoughts on this article?

According to Pwinsider.com, a new wrestling promotion is starting up out of Florida. The promotion, which has quietly been putting together a business plan, is said to have major financial backing. The new promotion is already signing wrestlers up, and along with the contracts, are having them sign confidentiality agreements.

There is no name known for the promotion at this time, but it is known that they will not actively do anything until the fall. A full promotional launch is expected at the beginning of 2011, As of this time, there is no information of TV deals or TV tapings.

Businessman Peter Karoftis is said to be the main backer for the promotion. Karoftis previously worked with Sterling Equities, which is a New York-based investment firm that owns The New York Mets organization, the SNY cable network, and several real estate and investment companies. Karoftis, along with Florida independent wrestler Sean Davis are said to be the core of the company right now.

Also working with the company are Kevin Kleinrock (Viva La Lucha, Wrestling Society X), Cody Michaels (WSX, XPW) and Mister Saint Laurent (longtime Florida promoter). Kleinrock will be working production, while it is expected that Laurent will work on the creative end. Laurent has previously promoted the I Believe In Wrestling company, and there may be a crossover between the new company and the I Believe In Wrestling talent and wrestling school.

As of this time, the only confirmed name to sign with the company is Sean Waltman. Many wrestlers asked about the company have declined comment, due to the confidentiality agreements.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/ne...In-Florida.htm

Some new names that I?ve confirmed are signed to the Florida start-up promotion in the last week or so are Booker T, Paul London, Rocky Romero, Sonjay Dutt, Super Crazy, Hijo Del Rey Misterio and 2 Cold Scorpio. I am told that there are some other younger talents who have signed as well, but I haven?t confirmed any names yet.There?s been a strong rumor in the last 24 hours that some top Ring of Honor talents may have signed here as well, but I cannot confirm that at this time.

I am also told that the contracts signed by talent do not officially take hold until this October. So, that it appears to be when the project is going to officially launch ? at least in terms of when the first tapings look to be taking place. As of today, there are no set dates for the tapings or even a location for said taping.

Any talk that the promotion is going to simply be a Florida-based company is just that ? they are planning for a much grander scope in terms of their goals. The plan is to do tapings and try and find a national television outlet. I am told that everyone involved realizes the reality of the situation and that no one is expecting a deal to fall in their lap overnight. Based on what I am hearing, I don?t believe the promotion is looking to buy themselves timeslots either, a strategy that has led to many an early death for pro wrestling companies.

One of the reasons the company has been so secretive about letting names out and launching is that they don?t want there to be a huge buzz or hype, feeling it will leave fans waiting for them to get going while their main focus right now has been building the company?s infrastructure. I am told one of the things the company has been working on is setting up benefits for the wrestlers. The story being told among those who are signed is that everyone involved will receive full medical benefits as well as a 401K and stock options in the company, so if the group takes off, everyone shares in that success. I am told that was something Milton Wilpon has pushed after hearing some of the stories from older talents about how they have been treated over the years. If all that comes together, it?s certainly a great idea.
Anti Troll? Y!A WOLF PACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Ů?i?š? ˘? ■h??÷m???l(Y!A M??i?) is on a distinguished road

Well, they are in TNA's country which is Florida, I just hope that they get a tv deal, so the IWC can see what they have to offer, I hope they sign Indies wrestler because signing guys that are past there prime isn't gonna help, they need to get a name too. They arent a threat to WWE or TNA yet.
Ů?i?š? ˘? ■h??÷m???l(Y!A M??i?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

marcus_hall03 is on a distinguished road

As long as it doesn't hurt PWG ROH I'm all for a new wrestling company.
marcus_hall03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

SiR. GeO is on a distinguished road

Hmmm sounds interesting..we'll just have to wait and see how it goes..it'll either succeed or fail..who knows, by next year we might all be talking about this promotion..it could be big, or we may never hear about it again..only time will tell..
SiR. GeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Kevin Nash Y!A WOLF PACK is on a distinguished road

Maybe they will be like wcw with all the money they have I think they can sign some huge names and maybe even some guys we never heard of before. I heard they were talking about bringing in Mr. Anderson but I hope that's not true because he is like tna's scsa. But who knows hopefully they put a show on Wednesday nights so we can watch wrestling 5 nights a week.
Kevin Nash Y!A WOLF PACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Moissen eine Englńnderin is on a distinguished road

I am all for it and hope they succeed and are able to score a good tv deal. It will be great having another promotion to watch on tv.
Moissen eine Englńnderin is offline   Reply With Quote