ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do they even need this anonymous GM anyways?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

deerhunter20068 is on a distinguished road
Default Why do they even need this anonymous GM anyways?

Why not just as part of the broadcast just have Cole or Lawler say what the matches are and let that be how orders are handed down?

This whole thing about having to go over to the computer thing interrupts the flow of Raw a lot of times.It could be done by them saying the board of directors or the championship committee has put who ever in a match for whatever reason.

I see so its more for the people their than for the Tv audience.This the way it was done before they ever had a GM if you remember.

The GM is only over Raw not Smackdown.Just watch it a few years ago.They used to never use a gm.About the only thing they did was use Jack Tunney to come out like everyonce in awhile.

They have teddy Long and Vickie over on Smackdown.They do an ok job at it,but they never really cause a complete slow down of the show though.

Its listed as she is the consultant to the GM.I f you remember she was brought back because Vince put her back.
deerhunter20068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

DASHING is on a distinguished road

It makes since that he's Anonymous because someone just can't have two jobs like that Commentator and GM, it doesn't sound right
DASHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Big Mike Simply Flawless (N-6) is on a distinguished road

Beccause the live audience doesn't hear the broadcast and would havve no idea whats going on.
Big Mike Simply Flawless (N-6) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Y!A_s Apex Predator is on a distinguished road

champions committee? this isn't TNA. They want someone in charge of Raw and Smackdown so that when the draft comes and bragging rights PPV's are there someone can be in control and take credit for the product and if you have nobody in order it's kind of lame because you don't know who is making matches you have no higher authority and it's just chaos to me it makes no sense not to have someone in charge of a show like WWE or TNA.
Y!A_s Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Terry Lafa is on a distinguished road

Vickie isnt a GM 1st of all, and second, they have it that way to create a storyline. It makes you want to watch more often so you can find out who he is.
Terry Lafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

grimjob is on a distinguished road

just a story line it was much better when eric bishof was gm of raw and then smackdown had paul hayman and when teddy long was i charge it was cool but then eric was fired thrown in a garbeg truck by stone cold then raw went to shit with out him their

and smackdown stars styed on their show and vice versa none of this here their here their why have a draft if only some stars stay on the show and others rome here and their
grimjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

as long as they are building to a 'reveal' they will do the annoying Email Podium and Cole reading the script

this tells me that they plan to have the GM revealed as a Major Superstar.. or will be a way to turn a current Face into a Heel

I agree they should simpl have a prop lap top at the table... and have a fictional GM telling them what to do for the story... not unlike Tunney's prerecorded stuff in up to the mid 90s

as it stands the concept of the ever precent on air authority took hold in the late 90's with Vince Being outed as the Owner after Montreal, Bischoff stepping out from behind the Mic as a Member of the nWo, and Heyman in ECW (i never had the opportunity of seeing ECW in its prime)... but I believe all 3 Power Players were 'exposed' around the same time so its hard to say which one is to blame for the plot feature/role
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 05:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

WWE_s Apex Predator is on a distinguished road

Just cause to me Raw would be better with A GM rather then having a laptop be the GM. hahaha
WWE_s Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote