ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Cody Rhodes or Ted Dibiase Jr, who has a better future?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2010, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Cody is on a distinguished road
Default Cody Rhodes or Ted Dibiase Jr, who has a better future?

Cody Rhodes or Ted Dibiase Jr, who has a better future?
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

wtf are you talking about is on a distinguished road

Ted Dibiase jr of course

once they do the lets change his gimmick, but not whether he's heel or face its pretty much lights out. plus, look at cody and then look at chris masters. if chris can't get away with the prettyman gimmick, what chance does ugly-as-cuss Cody Rhodes have?
wtf are you talking about is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

stephen_p2381 is on a distinguished road

at this point in time it looks like the Dashing gimmick is working out very well for Cody Rhodes, Im a fan of it because it brings that old school flavor back, reminds me of RavishingNarcissist.

Ted Dibiase does not fit into Raw's roster which is a let down! Maybe in the near future he can get traded or sent to Smackdown then. It would be a close call..

For now I say Cody has the better future..
stephen_p2381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Hamburglar is on a distinguished road

Ted Dibiase
Hamburglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mr.FridayNight is on a distinguished road

cody rhodes
Mr.FridayNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Ivan (Pudge) Rodriguez (yWa-20) is on a distinguished road

Rhodes. He is on the Brand with not many big stars. Plus Rey, Kande and Undertaker will probably Retired by WrestleMania 27
Ivan (Pudge) Rodriguez (yWa-20) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

martin_rulz6 is on a distinguished road

Cody Rhodes.

It is looking like, at least right now, Cody Rhodes is being used pretty well, while Ted DiBiase Jr is being used more and more as a joke (which is quite sad, as I think there could be potential, and all sorts of different things one can do with him being a Million Dollar Man like his dad).

Unless something changes, Cody has the brighter future right now.
martin_rulz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Rachel is on a distinguished road

At first, I though it was going to be Ted DiBiase, Jr. He was projected to be the breakout star of Legacy. But he adopted his father's gimmick of a spoiled rich man and brought back the Million Dollar Championship. But the only thing he has going right now is Maryse and a feud of John Morrison.

When Cody Rhodes first moved to Smackdown, he appeared more often on Superstars than on the blue brand itself. But that all changed back in June when the Divas poll regarding the most handsome superstar in the WWE came out, it was Rhodes who won that honor. Since then, he became Dashing Cody Rhodes. He adopted new ring attire, new entrance music, and a digital mirror to admire himself in. Rhodes now appears regularly on Smackdown now. His career is flourishing as we speak and has a grooming tips segment.

As a result, I like Dashing Cody Rhodes.
Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

LilMichaelBoii is on a distinguished road

Right now, Dashing Cody Rhodes is having a better future than Ted Dibiase Jr. Why? Because he is on Smackdown! Smackdown! is currently the show that helps push mid-carders into main eventers. Since they barely have any top superstars, they have more time to establish mid-carders.

Cody Rhodes has been winning impressive matches and he is showing everyone that he is due for an IC title run in the near future. The only gold Ted Dibiase has is the Million Dollar Championship which isn't even an official title. Ted Dibiase needs to drop his daddy's gimmick and make his own gimmick because his current one isn't working out. When he changes his gimmick (hopefully in the near future) we could see him going against Daniel Bryan for the US title or the IC title if he is moved to SD! As of right now the answer to your question is Cody Rhodes but maybe that can change in the future
LilMichaelBoii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Lizacod is on a distinguished road

I'm leaning toward Cody Rhodes.

Why? Well, being on a show that is better at showcasing younger talent is one very good reason. And sure, Cody's gimmick has been done before, but whose hasn't? It seems like every wrestler from today is able to be connected to a wrestler from the past, such as John Morrison being the 'new Shawn Michaels', or so some people think. 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes is very entertaining, whether it be on the mic or in the ring, and I'm a huge fan of him - have been since his debut. And while I will admit that the backstage segments were out of the blue at first, they help play into his role nicely and helps keep him fresh in the viewers' eyes when he isn't in a match. (Which is very rare nowadays. Two weeks ago was the first time in almost two months that Cody wasn't scheduled to compete.)

I really like watching Cody in the ring, both because his moves are precise and clean and because I think he's a good seller. Now, you may be asking, What about Ted? Well, that would be an easier question to answer if they let him wrestle. Ted is one of the many guys Raw rarely shows, thanks to Nexus being the show's main attraction. He was a very good member of Legacy, and while his mic skills aren't the best, he still has a ton of potential. Having Maryse as his Personal Assistant isn't going too well for him, either. It's too bad they shelved John Morrison's feud with him, because that would have been a fun one to see.

Like I said, this battle goes to Cody Rhodes, as he's the full package right now. Out of the two of them, he has the best chance of winning a midcard championship at the moment (the Intercontinental Championship, to be exact), and it looks as though he has a World Championship reign somewhere down the line. But if we get to see more of Ted DiBiase and watch his gimmick flourish - or see him get a new gimmick altogether - then Ted has a chance at winning the war. I'm hoping to see some sort of backstage segment during the 900th Episode of Raw between Ted and Cody since SmackDown Superstars are going to be there, too. And if we're lucky, we'll be able to see a match that will help us put this debate to rest... for now.
Lizacod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

DASHING is on a distinguished road

Simple DASHING Cody Rhodes, really because Ted Debiase is just acting like his dad, while Cody is taking this new approach that Dusty would never think about, playing the pretty boy role. So for me it's Cody and besides just look at my avatar.
DASHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

Evenflow DDT - The Raven Effect is on a distinguished road

from the moment legacy began it was always clear that Rhodes Dibiase. Like father like son
Evenflow DDT - The Raven Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2010, 04:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Kevin The A-List Rockstar is on a distinguished road

Cody Rhodes, he is on a winning streak and has his promos.
Kevin The A-List Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote