ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What is the greatest storyline in WWE History and why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 2010, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Lord of Darkness is on a distinguished road
Default What is the greatest storyline in WWE History and why?

What is the greatest storyline in WWE History and why?
The Lord of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2010, 12:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

???????? is on a distinguished road

Not many people like it, but my favourite was The Alliance vs. Team WWF.
???????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2010, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Shane? Y!A Mafia is on a distinguished road

The Austin vs McMahon feud in the late nineties. It paved the way for arguably the next greatest rivalry after it, Austin vs The Rock. We had never seen anything like this on pro wrestling before either, it actually made you believe they hated each other, although it was storyline of course. It also gave us some really memorable moments. Austin attacking Vince in the hospital and filling his Corvette with cement come to mind here.
Shane? Y!A Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2010, 12:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

hj_cool is on a distinguished road

well Austin vs Vince has to top it

though i didnt see much of it just from wrestling i downloaded as i started watching from 2001-2002

the second wud be HHH vs HBK

what a feud

great matches

intense story line

AWSM
hj_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2010, 01:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Hesan is on a distinguished road

I really liked the return of Cena at Royal Rumble 2008. Because for the first time a surprising return to RR happened, ( not like return of Edge at RR 2010, every one knew that he'd be back, but return of Cena was absolutely unpredictable ).
Hesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2010, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

R?t?d Sile?t is on a distinguished road

I may sound pretty stupid for saying this, and it was a pretty underrated storyline that everyone seems have to forgot over the course of the last seven years. But, I will go with the classic Shane McMahon vs Kane rivalry. Talk about incredible, and it brought back that passion factor that wrestling needs.

We saw Kane set Jim Ross on fire, tombstone the CEO, and bury your all time favorite, The Undertaker in that year. Kane was in his prime and so was Shane. But, everyone remembers The Undertaker getting burried. No one ever mentions the classic Shane McMahon and Kane rivalry. They had an ambulance and last man standing match, which are two of the greatest matches of all time in my opinion, Shane knew how to take moves and to give them.

He went coast to coast many time weather it be steel steps, a steel chair, or even a trashcan, he could use it to the best of his abilities. Kane even did some things to Shane that I cannot even mention here on Yahoo! Answers. That was the greatest rivalry ever in my opinion, because of the passion factor that wrestling needs.
R?t?d Sile?t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2010, 01:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

The Dragon (semi-retired) is on a distinguished road

In my opinion, it was Sgt Slaughter turning heel in 1990. Sgt Slaughter, America's Hero, Mr G.I. Joe himself, one of the most popular faces in history, suddenly got disgusted with America for getting soft and he turned his back on the U.S., siding with Iraq during the Gulf War. He took to wearing a burnoose (I think it's called) on his head and he acquired an Iraqi manager (General Adnan, who looked a lot like Saddam Hussein), and he trashed-talked America and American fans. The shock of the super-patriot Slaughter turning on America got Slaughter so much heat that he quickly became the most hated heel in the entire business. The heat was real, too, as Vince had to provide security for Slaughter and Adnan, and several venues were changed because of bomb threats if Slaughter appeared.

Slaughter and Adnan (and later, Colonel Mustafa {the Iron Sheik}) tore through the WWF roster until they finally got to Hulk Hogan (the original red yellow Hulkamaniac). Slaughter had beaten the Ultimate Warrior for the WWF Title, but Hogan managed to beat Slaughter for that title. Slaughter retaliated by throwing a fireball at Hogan and bashing him over the head with a TV camera, setting off an intense months-long feud. Hogan often had the Warrior helping in handicap matches vs Slaughter, Adnan, and Mustafa. The final match (at Summer Slam 1991) saw Hogan and the Warrior prevail, breaking the mental hold the Iraqis had over Slaughter.

Slaughter then returned, beaten, humbled, and crying. He did his famous I want my country back promo.

Because it coincided with (or rather, capitalized upon) the Gulf War and the American hatred for Saddam Hussein, Slaughter was OVER as the most despised heel in the business. Slaughter played his part to the hilt (as did Adnan Al-Kaissie, a real Iraqi wrestler playing General Adnan), as believable as any heel has ever been. The hatred Slaughter earned was incredible. Vince made a LOT of money from this angle.
The Dragon (semi-retired) is offline   Reply With Quote