ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What was the biggest waste of the MITB contract?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Aug 2010, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

cdmnumber1fan N-6 is on a distinguished road
Default What was the biggest waste of the MITB contract?

I think for it to not be a waste, you don't necessarily have to have a good reign, as long as you stay in the main event picture, which CM Punk's first MITB did not do for him. Now I know now he's a main eventer, but after he lost his first WHC, he was back to the mid card. That's the biggest waste in my opinion, what do you think?

@KNOW YOUR ROLE: I like to think of the MITB match itself as the title match, since the person that won it went through so much pain and at the end they really deserved it.
cdmnumber1fan N-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2010, 11:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road

I'm going to get sh*t poured on me for this, but I say all of those MITB contracts are a waste. It's a stupid way to turn the WWE title into the Hardcore title with the 24/7 rule tagged on it. It's never a fair victory with that d@mn briefcase and I hope they get rid of it soon.
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2010, 11:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Bleed Orange94 is on a distinguished road

When Kennedy lost his MITB Briefcase to Edge!
Bleed Orange94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2010, 11:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

# 1 dallas peep is on a distinguished road

i have to agree with you the wm 24 mitb contract was originally suppose to go to jeff hardy but since he got suspended wwe had no idea who to let win mitb so i think it didnt matter who won they would of went back to mid card like cm punk what wwe should of did is had chris jericho win mitb since he was going to main event later that year.but yeah cm punk first title reign was crap and i think wwe wanted the fans to think he was not ready that s why after he lost the belt he won the tag titles and the ic titles to get over and be more ready.
# 1 dallas peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2010, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

brian d is on a distinguished road

I think having Mr. Kennedy win the MITB contract just to have him lose it to Edge in a match. I mean whats the point of having him win it in the first place?
brian d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2010, 12:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
I Says Pardon?!

The Bad Guy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Bad Guy

I mostly agree w/ Know Your Role. The exception is when RVD cashed it in. That's the proper way. The biggest waste could be the Miz. The way he flaunts it, it kinda makes you not care anymore.
The Bad Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2010, 12:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
EMW
Young Noob

EMW is on a distinguished road

It definitely has to be Jack Swagger, based solely on his title reign. He was only allowed to look strong AFTER his reign...for like TWO weeks. Other than that, he's getting beaten clean constantly (Taker, Orton, Rey) and made to look like a CHUMP.
EMW is offline   Reply With Quote