ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Would Kane have been as popular if he debuted without the Mask?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Aug 2010, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Lord of Darkness is on a distinguished road
Default Would Kane have been as popular if he debuted without the Mask?

Would Kane have been as popular if he debuted without the Mask?
The Lord of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2010, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

T.J.T is on a distinguished road

give me a hell no!!!!!!!!!!..............(crowd chants) hell no!!!
T.J.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2010, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
I Says Pardon?!

The Bad Guy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Bad Guy

No, because it was a big part of his character. When he was unmasked, they explained everything as mental scars, but that would've made a terrible character to start with.
The Bad Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2010, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

CutrologicalGenius_HeelzHaveMoreFun is on a distinguished road

It worked with the storyline so no
CutrologicalGenius_HeelzHaveMoreFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2010, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Eve
Fresh Noob

Eve is on a distinguished road

Absolutely not! The mask gave him mystery, it made him an enigma. When his mask was taken off, it was like he's a whole new person but he had all this history behind him. It's like he's living a second life. He's been reincarnated.

It's like would the Boogeyman have been as hilarious but disgusting if he didn't eat all those worms? No.
Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2010, 10:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Swagg KIdd is on a distinguished road

I must say A Definite No, The MASK and the MASK alone was essential to the storyline to do with the fire and what covered the mental scars if he didnt start with the mask but with all the physhotic way he acts, it wouldnt have been all that enticing to begin with, although removing it was a big mistake
Swagg KIdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2010, 11:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Richard Orton is on a distinguished road

No because the mask tied into a lot of storylines and also I think with the mask it made Kane more entertaining and not as sick as he is today.I mean remember when Kane was teaming with The Rock and Hogan to face NWO? Well remember how he acted like them and stole there lines? No? Heres a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_zoOQvj83g

Now,could you imagine current Kane acting like that it being that funny? I can't.Because Kane is supposed to be laughed at because of his face and such he wouldn't have gotten such a warm reception in my opinion.It's kind of hard to explain but I don't think that Kane would've been as funny and entertaining like he was in the video during that time.In his debut it would've completely killed the Kane was burned gimmick because without the mask there would've been no feud with the Undertaker,no I was on fire gimmick.It also would've killed some of Undertaker's promo's like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKJfiYXen5I

So basically he wouldn't have been as popular and it probably would've taken him longer to get over with the fans as well.That mask made his early career and without it I doubt we would see Kane now.
Richard Orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2010, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

?dg?cator ? is on a distinguished road

To put it simply, then he would be just like Snitsky.

The whole mask storyline and mysterious gimmick helped Kane become an appealing character to the fans.
?dg?cator ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2010, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The next big thing is on a distinguished road

No Kane with out the Mask is like PBJ with not J. Kane's mask gave him mystery and illusion. Kane was a lot more conviencing being scary with the mask. The mask was a support to a lot of his storylines. His debut the mask represented the mental scars behind it and the burnt skin of Kane. Then later when he teamed with Hurricane the mask was used. When Kane took off his mask the fake scared skin was put on horribly and he hasn't been as dominant since. It's like the mask held the power and now it's gone. There was one thing from the removal thought the storyline were masked Kane was attacking Unmasked Kane. Here's the link to the thing I was talking about with the Hurricane: rtsp://v6.cache1.c.youtube.com/CkELENy73wIaOAnRJWWnfZjEeBMYESARFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSA RSBXdhdGNoWgl4bF9ibGF6ZXJg6oTVidan_YhMDA==/0/0/0/video.3gp;connectionuid=WAP2%20trans
The next big thing is offline   Reply With Quote