ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why does Smackdown get lower ratings when Raw, when Smackdown is clearly better.+BQ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Aug 2010, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Battle Creek Barbarian is on a distinguished road
Default Why does Smackdown get lower ratings when Raw, when Smackdown is clearly better.+BQ?

BQ: How are ratings for Raw and Smackdown, determined.
The Battle Creek Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

ri? ? h?m?l(Y!A Mafia) is on a distinguished road

Great Question, it has to do with Raw being live, when Raw is live people don't know what is gonna happen so that means more people are gonna watch, and with all the rumors these days going on the internet like The Rock returning people will stay glued to the tv, with Smackdown people just real the spoilers, if it doesn't interests them then they don't watch it.

BQ: No Idea.
ri? ? h?m?l(Y!A Mafia) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

WWE 4 LIFE is on a distinguished road

Not really. RAW has gotten a lot better.
WWE 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 03:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Second City Saint Y!A Mafia is on a distinguished road

I agree with you. Smackdown is better than Raw and deserves the better ratings, but Raw is WWE's flagship show and WWE cares about it more. Plus people don't want to watch Smackdown as much as Raw since they want to do something on their Friday Night. Also not everyone has My9

BQ: Viewership
Second City Saint Y!A Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

frank is on a distinguished road

Also not everyone get what ever TV channel its on know. I have Directv and have not been able to watch it for a year. I would have to get one of those digital converters to watch it on standard tv not going through all that.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
CMA
Fresh Noob

CMA is on a distinguished road

SmackDown! is usually the superior brand, but when Nexus came along, a lot more people have been tuning into Raw, just because of the simple fact that Raw has a better storyline going right now. Once this Nexus craze dies down, SmackDown! will go back to being the superior brand.

BQ: Just simply by the number of people who tune into them.
CMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

I_ll Make You Tap! is on a distinguished road

I can't watch Smackdown because I don't get that channel. That's why I'm anxious for the move to Sy Fy.

On a side note, Raw has more big names, which is a contributing factor.
I_ll Make You Tap! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Bourne To Be AIRBOURNE!!! is on a distinguished road

Raw has better storylines. Like the Nexus storyline, the GM and the Sheamus and Otron. Also all the kids love Cena and all the adults love Randy Orton and all the ladies love John Morrison and Evan Bourne.

Also it is live and you have no idea what's gonna happened. Also the guest's make it intresting. And rumors going around like The Rock being the GM.

Smackdown has the better matchs but dull and boring storylines. Also it isn't live.

Raw = Good Storylines and the suspence.

Smackdown! = Better wrestlers and more Entertainment.

BQ: How many people watch it and how fast the tickets sell out. Also by who buys more stuff from the brand.
Bourne To Be AIRBOURNE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 04:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Stormclaw is on a distinguished road

Raw is live. People already know what's going to happen on Smackdown. Plus, in my opinion, all the good people are on Raw. Examples: John Cena and Randy Orton. Smackdown got rid of the people I liked. Examples: Jeff Hardy and Undertaker.

BQ: The number of people watching
Stormclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 04:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

18 gibbs 20 is on a distinguished road

Less people watch TV on Friday nights...
18 gibbs 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 04:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

MrComedy3k is on a distinguished road

As you know, all the gays and teen hos always watch Cena on Mondays. Though I watch Raw, I always mute my TV when Cena comes on. And during that time I'll make a quick phone call to a few hundred people. Only to come back and find the slut magnet still running his faggot mouth off.

The ratings are always deermined by views. And the amount of people tuned in to that channel. It is summed up and is sorted by number and put into a rating from 1-5. The old days, it would rarely be lower than 4.3. Almost evry home was tuned into the WWF Monday Night Wars. There were even 5.0 ratings back when TVs started to come out. Wrestling was not even dicovered to be fake back then. Then the ratings went down over the years, but in the later years, as it got more intense, more fans came and were hooked on seeing a big redneck come out and open up cans of whoop*ss so to speak. Then, the WWF was sued by the World Wildlife Fund, who would then ban them from using the name or logo of WWF Attitude. Fortunately, they had Ruthless Aggression and kept the ratings going in the high 3s and low 4s. After which, the entire McMahon family turned homosexual and made Cena change his gimmick because he gave them BJs whenever and wherever. Then triggered them to let him win against everyone. Then things went downhill from there. If there were no sluts and hos and desparate teens and women and gays, there would be no Cena fans. Smackdown gets the views of the awesome people. The ones who don't live their lives on wrestling. But that is a story for a rainy day and I am going to the bar now. K bye!
MrComedy3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 04:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

its not available in all the households,

being recorded is a part of it, but also

its on broadcast TV on a 'non network' -- makes it really vulnerable to pre-emption, or simply random scheduling

as MyTV is a syndication package, its sold to local affiliates... in some markets its picked up by an independant and will air in Prime time like its supposed to... in others it'll be picked up by a station which is a broadcast affiliate to one of the 5 real networks: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CW, and will air on a saturday, or at 3 am or both
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 04:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jobber

ca$h is on a distinguished road

Raw is live, its on USA. Everyone with Cable should get it. If smackdown was better it would be on a bigger network. What I don't understand is why is smackdown on my network tv, nxt is on sci fi.
ca$h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 04:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Protest the Hero is on a distinguished road

For whatever reason, less people watch Smackdown than Raw. The ratings are determined by the number of households watching. The ratings aren't determined by quality, which doesn't make much sense. This is why TNA gets very low ratings compared to SD and Raw.
Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 04:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
me
Young Noob

me is on a distinguished road

RAW is wayy better, smakdown is boring. and that mrcomedy fool is jelous cuz his ass prob doesnt get gurls haha! so he hates on cena. what a loser. but anyways RAW is better because it has bigger superstars like Randy Orton (my fav) edge cena triple H jericho and whatnot
me is offline   Reply With Quote