ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

How come after alot of wrestlers go on a nice streak they end up getting beat alot more?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2010, 03:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Creature Of The Night? (Y!A Mafia) is on a distinguished road
Default How come after alot of wrestlers go on a nice streak they end up getting beat alot more?

Like vladimir kozlov for example. He went undefeated for about 6 months, then he lost to Shawn Michaels. After that loss he began to lose constantly to other people?(John Cena, HHH, Jeff Hardy, etc.) Also in TNA, Samoa Joe went undefeated for 18 months, then he loses to Kurt Angle. After that loss, he lost several other times. Also Roddy Piper, he went undefeated for 9 YEARS! Then after his first loss, he started losing more. So seriously, what gives? Are the undefeated people like all of a sudden little pieces of losing crap? Also Vladimir Kozlov almost won the WWE title and almost faced taker at mania, and now look at him, hes teaming up with Santino Marella!? WTF!

EDIT: ITS NOT FAKE ITS SCRIPTED! And yes i do know its scripted. But what im saying is do Vince McMahon and Dixie Carter not realize how retarded that is? And Kozlov was in the main event picture and now hes a jobber?
Creature Of The Night? (Y!A Mafia) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 03:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Mark is on a distinguished road

Wrestling is fake, all the shows are scripted acting so obviously they don't want someone to constantly win as the program will start to go stale so they tell them to start losing. Please tell me you know that wrestling is fake or are you deluded?
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 03:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

richard is on a distinguished road

because plans are switched at any time.
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 03:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Sandy is on a distinguished road

Like the saying What goes up must come down, is exactly what goes in the companies.. I don't know much about TNA, to be honest, but I am very familiar with WWE and how Vince works things out.. The examples you gave like Vladimir Kozlov, or Santino Marella winning the IC Championship, then becoming a total clown, is to me the result of Vince's boredom with them.. Every superstar not in the main event is Vince McMahon's pets.. Once he promises and gives them a little boost up, he probably thinks that's enough and makes them job.. That's how it pretty much goes..

To me, Vince tries to punish them for not making a big impact with the fans.. Mmm, what I'm referring to is that the way I see it, every time he gives someone a push, it's like he's observing that superstar closely and analyzing how good he can be as a champion/main eventer/ headliner, etc.. If Vince doesn't like how that certain superstar is working things out, it's like too bad, you weren't good enough and breaks his bubble..

I'm not sure if you get what I'm saying, but I agree with your opinion, it's retarded..
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 03:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

daniel is on a distinguished road

I think they do that to reinforce the fact that they aren't invincible. They wouldn't want it to look like Vladimir was a better wrestler then the other guys. They also do it to make the guy who ends the streak, so much better. Kurt Angle looked like a gladiator after he was the first to slay Samoa Joe at No Resolutions. Also, say Shawn Michaels ended the streak of the Undertaker, he would be legendary. They start losing after that, to the same guys that he won over before, so they don't look inferior.

I understand what you are saying about Kovloz. I don't understand how he could go from being a WWE Championship contender to a jobber with Santino
daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 03:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Ziggler Y!A Mafia is on a distinguished road

OK, true story.

It was March 3rd, 2009. Boston, Massachusetts. To see who would get the privilege to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania 25, it was an epic match-up between the undefeated Moscow Mauler, Vladimir Kozlov, against the Showstopper, Shawn Michaels. There I was, sitting in the crowd, eager to see the match. I still remember it, starting off with slow, decent back and forth action with Kozlov dominating. Suddenly out of nowhere late in the match-up, Shawn Michaels hits the elbow drop and begins to tune-up the band. The crowd erupts as Shawn gets the 1-2-3 and the arena erupts with cheers. Happy that HBK won, it wasn't until after the fact that I realized Vladimir Kozlov had nowhere to go from here. He had nothing to do, and when he didn't get a match at Wrestlemania, I knew he was done. It was ridiculous that Vladimir Kozlov was a serious threat to guys such as Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and Jeff Hardy only to job to younger talent on WWECW. I wish he would've had a fair title reign and to still be at the main event level. He was a powerhouse and WWE lost an oppurtunity with him.
Ziggler Y!A Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 04:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

Jordan23 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I agree. WWE should focus on pushing that one undefeated wrestler especially if it was a long undefeated streak. In my opinion, there was no need to push Vladmir Kozlov at all, he should have just started in the mid card and let him stayed there. He was boring the entire time and it was just annoying seeing him come out and wrestle. However, there are many wrestlers that gone through that phrase, like Bobby Lashley or Umaga for an example. Lashley did get his World Championship match and the ECW Championship, but who knows if he was ever going to win it. As for Umaga, he was undefeated for nearly a year and all of a sudden, John Cena defeats him and he was never the same again. So I guess part of the idea of hyping up a wrestler would include jobbing to the best to make that main event wrestler look even better. Same situation with Vladimir Kozlov, after losing to Edge at Survivor Series, his level in the WWE went down and down and look how far he dropped, going from a PPV main eventer to a comedy segment with Santino Marella
Jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 04:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Richard Orton is on a distinguished road

For Kozlov,I think it's because it was being dragged on and They wanted to take him out of the main event because Undertaker was gone and Jeff vs Kozlov in the main event wouldn't be great.Also he was moved to ECW and him being ECW Champion wouldn't be good because there were no faces.Samoa Joe's streak was ended so Kurt Angle could come in and make and impact (no pun intended) so Kurt would be in the main event and be put over in TNA immediately.
Richard Orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 04:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

TheViperette is on a distinguished road

WWE doesn't really keep certain people in the spotlight too long. I mean sure, there's certain people who it seems will never leave the spotlight like John Cena, but not everyone makes the cut of a main eventer these days. It sucks but it's what has to be done
TheViperette is offline   Reply With Quote