ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Which WrestleMania theme song was Least fitting for the event?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Lord of Darkness is on a distinguished road
Default Which WrestleMania theme song was Least fitting for the event?

My vote(s) goes to:

-So Hott, WrestleMania XXV. How did this have anything to do with a 25 Year Anniversary? It just made WM XXV more degrading.

-The Memory Will Never Die, WrestleMania 23. It was just too slow and emotional for a fast paced high impact event.

What are your picks and why?

Don't forget to star this and add me as a contact.

I know that, as soon as they billed WM XXV as the 25th Anniversary, I was all over it on Y!A.

They just said it's 25 because it's saying it's 25 years and it was. WrestleMania 1 (1 year) WM 2 (2 year).......WM 25 (25 years).

They are just celebrating 25 years of WM, but the tagline would've sucked if it was, The 25th Year of WrestleMania
The Lord of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Heartbreak Kid - Shawn Michaels is on a distinguished road

I agree with So Hott for WM25 it had nothing to do with and it had no meaning for the WM25 Anniversary
The Heartbreak Kid - Shawn Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

the extreme enigma is on a distinguished road

i agree your choices didnt go that well, but so hott was only the theme for the divas match and not the whole ppv(AC/DC war machine was the main theme) but i agree it didnt have the wrestlemania feel

btw wrestlemania 26 was the 25th annivesary of wrestlemania, not 25
the extreme enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

R?t?d Sile?t 2.0 is on a distinguished road

I am a big rap fan, major fan of the type of music that they write. Even though the WrestleMania 19 theme is considered Rock music, you would have to consider it rap, for the fact that he matches syllables clearly, and the compelling nature of the music.

I don't think a rap song should be at WrestleMania, don't get me wrong, as I said, my favorite genre is rap but if you are going to put rap into the most prestigious event of the year, get a rap song that adds emotion to the event. Such as WrestleMania 17.

Plus, the song was entitled Crack Addict and it just so happened it fit Undertaker's entrance perfectly which was the only good thing about the song at the event. Undertaker's entrance was classic, but his opponents should have been better. They had the nerve to put him in a tag team match at Mania in the mid card, which turned into a HandiCap match. Undertaker could have any main eventer and had a better WrestleMania win than beating two mid carders at the time when Undertaker was putting on main event quality matches.

www.youtube.com
R?t?d Sile?t 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

sharpshooter is on a distinguished road

Darn. Rated Silent beated me to it. But yeah. Wrestlemania 19, Limp Bizkit's Crack Addict. It was a song, in fact, about a crack addict. No joke. So what does that have to do with Wrestemania. I don't know. And Crack Addict wasn't the song used for Undertaker. It was Rollin' by the same artist and was played live for his entrance. That one makes sense. Taker is not a crack addict.

So Hott by Kid Rock had nothing to do with the Wrestlemania event itself, but for the divas. I believe it was the year of Ms. Wrestlemania, and you gotta admit, the divas were pretty hot. So it did make sense, in fact, I wouldn't even call it a theme for Wrestlemania at all.

And for The Memory Will Never Die, it was depressing, but it was a great build up to an awesome song, Ladies and Gentlemen. I might say the same thing with Shinedown's I dare you. which was depressing, but a lot better for a song.

And now, more songs that are cool, but didn't fit the event. War Machine by AC/DC. Awesome song, but had nothing to do with Wrestlemania ...at all. It just seem like it was there to promote their album, Black Ice. Thats about it.

And for songs that didn't sound like it would ever be use for a Wrestlemania, but works and some what catchy. Big Time by Peter Gabriel. Yeah. I'm not gonna lie. It sounded corny, but I liked it. And Wrestlemania 22 was a pretty big event.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote