ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What first got you into WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

TheViperette is on a distinguished road
Default What first got you into WWE?

Millions of people watch WWE. Obviously. But there's a bold line between the ones who just watch because nothing else is on and those who are emotionally attached to the programs. My question is, How did you start watching WWE? When did you first see your favorite wreslter? Etc, Etc.

BTW; If it seems like I've posted a lot of questions today, it's because I hit my answers limit a few hours ago because I answered a lot of questions at like 2 AM thinking it was still yesterday. I hate answer limits -__-

@Wrath of Platypus Well I guess I understand what you're saying. There's definately a difference from when you watched it to now. But everyone watches for different reasons. I can't change that.
TheViperette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

ri? ? h?m?l(Y!A Mafia) is on a distinguished road

When I was little I got a pair of Stone Cold sneakers and one day I was turning the TV and I saw his face on TV and I watch the show because that was the guy on my shoe, every since then I became instantly hooked.
ri? ? h?m?l(Y!A Mafia) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road

When I saw my brother, BIG KNOW YOUR ROLE, watching it, I wanted to do the same because I looked up to him. And then when I saw it, I became addicted to it like it was crack
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

? I love The Miz ? is on a distinguished road

My whole family watched WWF and WWE. One day, they were talking about it, so I watched like 2 episodes of Raw to see what all the fuss was about, and I was hooked.
? I love The Miz ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Wrath of Platypus is on a distinguished road

I started watching wrestling at the beginning of the Monday Night Wars.

Alot of my friends watched wrestling in school I just didnt want to get

into any fads. I mentioned it to my dad one day and he told me I should

go and try to watch it. I was bored sooo why not *shrugs*

When I sat down, I saw Golga from the Oddities, Gangrel,

and Mick Foley as Mankind (my favorite wrstler). I was HOOKED! I saw that bit of

anti-authority, attitude, and weirdness that I saw in myself at that

time. I kept running in on commercials and tellng my dad about

evvvverything that was going on. He finally ended up turning it on

for the both of us to watch. We have been watching it ever since.

We've spent over a DECADE watching wrestling together... now we're

starting to slack off of it. It just doesnt hold our attention anymore.

The WWE has such predictable storylines and matches. If you'll watch closely,

whoever has the advantage in the beginning of the match inevitably LOSES

the match in the end. The storylines, the superstars, that once vital need to

watch wrestling the feeling it left you at the end of the show where you just

KNOW you wanted to see more, you HAD to catch it next week... its not there anymore.

Some blame it on the AtTiTuDe ErA going away and the PG era coming, some blame it on the shift from more Business storylines instead of entertainment and long term storylines, some blame it on the excessive ppvs, some blame it on the company pushing college boy short hair'd wrestlers instead of the long haired giants of the 80s, some blame it on the aquistion of WCW and ECW, you can blame it on the lack of competition, some blame it on TNA not measuring up to WWE monopoly, some blame it on the outlawing of chairshots to the head, some blame it on Vince McMahon not heading the company as the heel boss in the show, some blame it on pushing NEW wrestlers as Champions who have not worked their way up the ladder to earn title shots, some blame it on pushing old mid-carders (example: Edge) to be champion, and some just blame it on badluck...

whatever the reason, that is why I started watching wrestling, and thattt is why i have shyed away from it now. My father says he is going to stop watching at all
Wrath of Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Kelly Jordan is on a distinguished road

I'm a huge fan of the ROCK!!! That line that i loved the most is If you smell ooooooooooooooout what the rock is cookin! If I heard that line, I do have goosebumps.
Kelly Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 02:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Blaster is on a distinguished road

My cousin watched WWF back in the day and I used to go over his house a lot and I watched it and got into it. This was around 1988.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 03:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Go Big OR Get Lost is on a distinguished road

When I was in 6th grade my friend started talking about it on the way to school on the bus every morning. Then I noticed alot of kids had WWF shirts and such so one Monday Night I turned on RAW and watched it for a while. I didnt get that into it until later when I began watching it consistently, and the rest they say is history.
Go Big OR Get Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 03:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

edgehead is on a distinguished road

A couple of years ago, my family went on a vacation to Los Angeles, California with my cousins. One night, I went down to my cousins hotel room and they had Friday Night Smackdown playing on their TV so I just sat on the couch and watched it with them. I instantly thought it was very entertaining and funny at the same time, and I couldn't stop watching it. When we got back home, I casually would tune into watch Smackdown every now and then, and pretty soon I was hooked. I got familiar with all of the wrestlers and all of the storylines that were going on. After that, I started watching Monday Night Raw and ECW. I quickly became a fan that followed all three shows religiously and I always hated when I would miss an episode.

Batista was actually my first favorite wrestler, and I saw him the first time I tuned in to Smackdown. But after awhile, once I got to know all of the wrestlers more, Matt Hardy became my favorite. Then, I started buying a bunch of WWE DVDs and that's how I became a huge fan of Bret Hart and Chris Jericho, as well as a number of others.

So, that's basically the story of how a became a WWE fanatic, lol.
edgehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2010, 03:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Rated {?} Super? Edge is on a distinguished road

I went to my friends house on the day of WrestleMania 2000, and I saw WWE (then WWF) for the 1st time. My first match was the Triangle Ladder Match (Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs The Dudleys). The match was epic and Edge instantly became my favorite wrestler.
Rated {?} Super? Edge is offline   Reply With Quote