ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Question about The Rock, agree or disagree ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Aug 2010, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

? THE ROCK SAYS...? is on a distinguished road
Default Question about The Rock, agree or disagree ?

This has been boggoling my mind since wrestlemania 24. Feel free to leave your opionion and star this question.

Okay, if you were the face of a company, everyone loved you. Most people, including myself got goosebumps when your entrance music started, i still do when i watch old matches and youtube videos. People looked up to you, as i do. They stood on there feet when they were there live, and couldnt switch the channel when you were on the tv. I just dont understand why you would give that up to go make movies wich a majority get canned by critics, including one that had you be a tooth fairy. you gave up something that most wrestling fans dream of, and YOU WERE BORN INTO IT !!!, you had everything in the palm of your hand, and threw it away. it is the rock's life, so it was a desicion he made, but im adressing you guys, would you do the same thing the rock did? i would kill to even be in the dark match at wrestlemania, and you headlined it several times !!!! , i cant figure out why the rock would do this and walk out on his fans, but we still admire you. still guys, would you of done this, if you were the rock ?

I know that the wrestling life isnt for a mojority of humans, but live for it, i work out every day, protien every thing im 64 and pretty jacked, i am going to be a wrestler, i agree why he left, im just saying that i wouldnt. everyone is different
? THE ROCK SAYS...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The_VOID_023 is on a distinguished road

I don't know why he did it
The_VOID_023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

I_ll Make You Tap! is on a distinguished road

I would've. You have any idea how much a wrestler misses of his kid's life? That's mostly why he left.
I_ll Make You Tap! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road

I was hoping someone would pull this out............

First of all, I would have done the same thing. He is getting waaaay more money doing movies. He is still a human being like everyone else and needs to find the best way to support his family, in this case his daughter. Family comes before fans......ALWAYS! And I'll tell you something else.......out of anything with fan involvement in it, WWE FANS ARE THE MOST FICKLE FANS IN AMERICA. They could easily like you one day and hate you the next. There was absolutely no reason for him to get booed at Wrestlemania 18 or in his match against Brock, but WWE fans are so d@mn fickle that they decided it would be the cool thing to do. That sh*t is annoying. If I was him, I wouldn't want to be around that all the time

Not to mention, would you rather be working on your own time and schedule or hauling @ss with the tough WWE schedule and always in the shadow of the Backstage Career Killer Triple H. We all knew Triple H wasn't that fond of Rock and that he had too much power with the McMahons anyway. So he would find a way to keep his career stronger than Rock's. Hence the fact that Rock rarely won the big matches against Hunter: Fully Loaded 99 Strap match, SS 98 Ladder match, 2000 JD Iron Man match, WM 2000, etc. And he never even got his shining moment at Wrestlemania to leave with the WWE title.

But with that, he pretty much accomplished everything he wanted to. So it basically comes down to making movies and living freely on my own time OR constantly having to deal with Triple H's sh*t?

All in all, I would've done the same thing
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

AndyThePants is on a distinguished road

Anyone who can be successful out of the ring, I'm glad for. Rock, Stone Cold, JBL and so on. Fans love it, but in reality a career in wrestling sucks. Always on the road, always hurt, always on. At some point, no matter how much you love doing it or how big you are, wrestling becomes a job and you treat it like any other job. Would you take a job where you work less, get paid more, don't have to worry about life-threatening injuries and are a bigger celebrity? Of course. And Rock don't owe anything to anybody and neither does any other wrestler.
AndyThePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 06:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

whoohoo. is on a distinguished road

Wrestling is fake.
whoohoo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Y!A_s Apex Predator is on a distinguished road

I think The Rock loved what he did but he had other goals. I think he was such a natural at wrestling and every aspect about it, that it just wasn't a challenge for him, being born into it he might not have wanted to actually do it for his own reasons. I think he was smart in a way because he didn't hang around like some guys long enough where you got sick of him I think sometimes when a guy goes out on top people often will say he was the greatest and I don't understand why he left but that is the genius of what he did. He left you wanting more he wasn't a guy where he stuck around and people got sick of him. I think he really wanted to be an actor and he achieved everything in wrestling and didn't want to become hated or disliked and have people get sick of him.

With all that said me personally I would not do it. I would love it so much but I think as fans and not in his position I think us fans who love the business and if everything is perfect we would love to be wrestlers. If we were as successful as The Rock we would definitely hang around but The Rock had other interests and it's different circumstances. I'm just as upset as you are that he left at the peak of his career but I have accepted it and still hope one day he will return for some kind of run and maybe face some current superstars. I'd love to see a verbal back and forth between him and John Cena.
Y!A_s Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 06:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

ALL HAIL THE KING!!! is on a distinguished road

If I was the Rock, sure, he accomplished everything he could in Wrestling, and offered everything he had to the Sport or Entertainment show (Whatever you want to call it)! The Rock left because he had more opportunities in Hollywood to make more money, it doesn't matter (see what I did there) if the critics hate his films, they make a ton of money and he gets paid a lot more for doing Hollywood films and risks less chance of getting injured!

He didn't really walk out on the Fans, but it was time to move on for the Rock, the WWE was changing, and he had more opportunities elsewhere, I agree with the Rock's Decision!
ALL HAIL THE KING!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 06:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

WWF ATTITUDE? (X9) is on a distinguished road

Well he makes a bunch more money acting than he does by cutting himself in WWE and injuring himself sometimes. But heres what really happened,The Rock didn't choose to quit,Vince McMahon never renewed The Rock's contract so he just left. That's why he never returns so much because hes still pissed at Vince. And it was best for him to leave because he never got to see his family much.
WWF ATTITUDE? (X9) is offline   Reply With Quote