ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

In Your Opinion, what is the worst Wrestlemania of all time, Why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2010, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Battle Creek Barbarian is on a distinguished road
Default In Your Opinion, what is the worst Wrestlemania of all time, Why?

In Your Opinion, what is the worst Wrestlemania of all time, Why?
The Battle Creek Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

WWF ATTITUDE? (X9) is on a distinguished road

Wrestlemania 9.

From the bad choice of venue, to the announcers wearing togas, all the way to Hulk Hogan stealing the limelight once again, this WrestleMania ranks up there as one of the worst of all time. I will give this WrestleMania one good review about it, the opening match between Shawn Michaels and Tatanka. This was a very good match up until the ending that made me want to shut the television off. Have Michaels at least cheat to win, just don?t have it end in a disqualification. This WrestleMania also had one of the worst mania matches of all time in the Undertaker vs. The Giant Gonzales. I wanted to poke my eye out with a rusty fork when I saw this match, that?s how bad it was. The Lex Luger vs. Mr. Perfect match had a lot of potential, but they botched that one up completely. While I do enjoy watching Hulk Hogan in a lot of the WrestleMania?s to follow, they just should not have taken away from Yokozuna winning the WWF title the way they did. No one wanted to see Hogan on top at that point.
WWF ATTITUDE? (X9) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Midnight Prodigy? {X9} is on a distinguished road

Wrestlemania IX The worst Wrestlemania of all time has to be Wrestlemania IX. It had an awful setting being outdoors at Caesar's Palace and had probably the worst Wrestlemania match ever in the Undertaker vs. Giant Gonzales. And the main event of Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna was less than average and having Hulk Hogan take everyone's heat at the end was awful.

Best Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka
Midnight Prodigy? {X9} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road

I didn't think Wrestlemania 11 was good at all, except for Shawn actually making Diesel look good in the ring. It was just a big @ss showcase of celebrities and it got annoying. Not to mention, how in the h*ll do you end the event with an NFL player main eventing the whole show?

I also thought Wrestlemania 22 was trash because Mark Henry/Taker sucked, Vince/Shawn was okay but Shawn should have gone against an actual competitor, and Cena/Hunter had a stupid ending. Not to mention, the WHC triple threat match was way too short and it should have been Kurt/Rey Rey. Orton threw off the chemistry

And don't even get me started with Wrestlemania 26......
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 12:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

The Amazing Adam is on a distinguished road

Wrestlemania 26, in all honestly, it didn't have as much matches as past wrestlemania's and the PG Era is a big mistake on WWE's part, the only good match was the Undertaker/Shawn Michaels match which I'll have to see ! So yeah, don't h8 , appreci8!
The Amazing Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 12:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

ri? ? h?m?l(Y!A Mafia) is on a distinguished road

Wrestlemania II,

Were do I start well the only match that is worth watching and talking about is Hulk Hogan vs King Kong Bondy and by the way the match was average at best, the other matches were short and completely pointless, they had NFL Players going up against the wrestlers from the WWWF that should tell you how the matches went, the most stupidest thing about this Wrestlemania was that it was held at three different Venues so that mean you had to pay three times just to see a crappy show, I think it was horrible from the start to finisher really no big name wrestler was there, the tournament was wack and pointless and the matches were average at best.
ri? ? h?m?l(Y!A Mafia) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 12:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

richard is on a distinguished road

wrestlemania 26
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 12:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Gold Medalist (X9) is on a distinguished road

Definitely Wrestlemania 9. Sometimes I still wonder why they had there out doors looked so funky and after a year or two I realized that is sucked huge balls. It had horrible matches such as Giant Gonzalez and Bret Hart vs Yokozuna. Oh and Hulk Hogan winning the World Title after that match? Don't get me started on that because I puked out bad. Doink The Clown vs Crush was worst than Hogan winning the WWE title. The only matches I liked were Lex Luger vs Mr. Perfect, Razor Ramon vs Bob Backlund and Shawn Michaels vs Tatanka. Also, I am pretty sure this is the only WrestleMania to have a cancelled match. The buyrate was 2.3. Money Inc. vs The Mega Maniacs was not too bad and it had a little bit of decent wrestling but I do know that this match sucked as well. I rate this pay per view, a 2/10. Compare this WrestleMania to 10 years later. WrestleMania 19 which is the best WrestleMania ever. The WWE improved in 10 years.
Gold Medalist (X9) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 12:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Monty R is on a distinguished road

WM 11. It was terrible. Undertaker's worst WM match ever vs Bundy. Backlund vs Hart even sucked, especially the finish with Backlund saying he saw the light. Lawrence Taylor actually beat Bam Bam. Luger and Bulldog team up just to get them on the show. Terrible. Only good match was Shawn vs Diesel.
Monty R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2010, 12:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Im Not Here (The Colony) is on a distinguished road

Wrestlemania 25 for me is the worst

1. I actually invested my money into that poor pitiful piece of wrestling crap, and it is the sole reason as to why I will never spend another cent on any WWE PPV.

2. Only had one good match on the card and that got ruined for me afterwards by people highly overrating calling it one of the best ever. I can't look back at HBK vs Taker as a good match and the only thing good at mania 25 anymore. I now see that match as really? that match? the best of all time? The f*ck.

3. Miz and Morrison against the primos being left off the card, yet the Divas Battle Royal gets put on it. Even though I don't enjoy Morrison as a singles wrestler I do like his tag team work and I did like the Primos so I actually wanted to see that match. Instead I had to watch models attempt wrestling and fail miserably. Really I know WWE had to have the Divas match on the card because if they didn't then some feminist group would of probably screamed sexism by WWE if it wasn't. But really it sucked ass and had no right to be on live TV over the tag match.

4. Oh yeah the rest of the card sucked as well not one better than decent match.

So thats why I put Mania 25 as the worst of all time for me.
Im Not Here (The Colony) is offline   Reply With Quote