ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Linda McMahon's win means WWE will never switch to TV-14 ever again?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Elation is on a distinguished road
Default Linda McMahon's win means WWE will never switch to TV-14 ever again?

Linda McMahon's win means WWE will never switch to TV-14 ever again?
Elation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Takerluke (X9) is on a distinguished road

I'd pretty much say that,

Sadly
Takerluke (X9) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

bigjiggle6705 is on a distinguished road

maybe when she is no longer in the senate we will get t-14 back but until then we wont. BTW TV-14 dont mean a thing unless the storyline writers pick up the slack and write a storyline worth watching
bigjiggle6705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Huffy is on a distinguished road

She won the republican side of things, she has until Nov. to win the seat. But, yes we are all pretty much screwed
Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

chad is on a distinguished road

The rating isnt the problem its the writers. But its sickening that the WWE has turned into a kid friendly show the WWE was never meant for kids to watch in the first place.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

2 Normal is on a distinguished road

My fist is about to end up on Linda Mcmahons face
2 Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 08:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

Wazzz good is on a distinguished road

not exactly, see this was the reason WWE switched to PG, but now that shes in they could switch back to TV-14 if their biggest sponsor Mattel would let them. Because WWE Relies on Mattel to make their action figures and sets to sell, Now Mattel has always been a kids company and Jacks Pacific (their old sponsor wasn't) so when Jacks left Mattel came in and Vince described them as A GAME CHANGER so they are the ones who are making WWE keep PG, plus WWE has to switch it up every once in awhile because of the money. TV 14 was for teenagers and adults not for kids, PG is for everyone and family, so if a dad wants to take his kids to a wrestling show but cant because of the half naked divas and blood, cursing, then thats less money given to WWE and less tickets sold for WWE, But in PG rating a dad can take his kids and thats more money given to WWE and more tickets sold for WWE. its all about the economy and stuff.

Mattel is the reason Danielson was fired, McMahon didnt wanna frie him because he was like the top wrestler worldwide and he had to or Mattel would have done something WWE didnt like, and in WWE its all about the Money, well for McMahon it is.
Wazzz good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 08:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Kawajai is on a distinguished road

Why should that matter? Tits and cursing doesn't produce quality wrestling. How many matches deserved five stars in the PG Era? At least twenty! There was hardly any wrestling during the Attitude Era! It was all about quarter-dressed women and bad storylines.
Kawajai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Straight Edge Survivor is on a distinguished road

WWE didn't go PG because of Linda, they went PG because kids would imitate the wrestlers and Vince does not want a lawsuit just because some kid got an Attitude Adjustment on concrete broke his spine and can never walk again

They probably will
Straight Edge Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Timothy B is on a distinguished road

I truly wish this wasn't the biggest topic in this section, but it is. So I just wanted to say that I was a fan even before it was rated TV-14. I remember those days very fondly. The WWF was gaining talent, it said goodbye to Hulkamania and still had some of the greatest matches in WWE history. Sure they wanted to sell things besides action figures to children, the children today are actually offered a lot better items today. They had WWF cake pans, teddy bears, and WWF ice cream pops. But I still watch Smackdown and I find that it is similar to those pre TV-14 days, just new talent. Honestly the product is not that bad, Divas can wrestle in 2 piece outfits, not one piece like in the day, a lot of good entrance music, the talent is fit and ready to wrestle unlike a lot of the overweight strong men that filled the lower rankings in the day. But as long as it does not go TV-Y7 I will still watch and be glad it is not like the old days, before TV-14.
Timothy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 08:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Misshildy is on a distinguished road

I guess I have to explain this again. Linda's political career had nothing to do with the PG rating change. McManiac changed to PG because he would have lost a multi-billion dollar contract with Mattel Toys if he had not done it.
Misshildy is offline   Reply With Quote