ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Does TNA have the right idea, by trying to lure in some Old ECW fans?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

ALL HAIL THE KING!!! is on a distinguished road
Default Does TNA have the right idea, by trying to lure in some Old ECW fans?

In the Past, TNA has tried to sign in old WCW stars and old WWE stars, and that hasn't boost their ratings, they tried to push the Homegrown talent, and that didn't boost their ratings either, is going after some old ECW fans a good idea?

BQ: Whenever I read Prince of Phenomenal QA's, I always imagine AJ Styles voice as I am reading, since he has a AJ Styles Avatar, has this ever happen to any other Y!A's users?

Thanks WS!!!

@ Prince of Phenomenial, I was using that as an example, LOL, it isn't a negative comment at all!

@ Go Big or Get Lost, I always heard JBL's Voice as reading your QA's, LOL, you have a good memory to remember my Jerry Lawler Avatar!
ALL HAIL THE KING!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Sunshine (N-6) is on a distinguished road

Since the ECW originals were there for just the PPV and not signed to contracts, I'm not sure if it's going to work to lure in the old fans looking for more attitude from the good old ECW days before McMahon ruined it. I think that for the most part TNA has a pretty good roster and it would be for the best if they concentrated on them.

BQ: There are a few users that I can picture that for. Heck, there are a few users that I thought were male and come to find out they're female and vice versa so I try not to judge anymore.
Sunshine (N-6) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

?Hell?Raiser? is on a distinguished road

Worth the effort i guess,if anything,,it will help their ratings but boost is not the right word here.

BQ:No,but i always imagine trolls as fat people with an ass for a face.
?Hell?Raiser? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

ri? ? h?m?l(Y!A Mafia) is on a distinguished road

I agree and disagree on what you saidni disagree when TNAnpushesbhere homegrown talent there ratings does gonup the last month TNA rating has went from 1.0 to 1.3 that is improvement it takes babysteps TNA isn't hat old yet give it some time.

BQ: Are you talking about me.
ri? ? h?m?l(Y!A Mafia) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

dfresh12345 is on a distinguished road

I love ECW and always will but that love comes from me visiting ECW arena when i was in HS growing up with it......The talent for the most part is at the end of their road and are making matches look silly...but even with saying all that i still found myself tuning in to watch.....i think it is good for business short run but the ECW stars can't carry anymore and that is up all the indie talent that's out there
dfresh12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

John Bradshaw Layfield is on a distinguished road

Well considering Dixie Carters head is so far up her @ss I think they believe they have the right idea. But Im not sure if they do or not, they still wont boost their ratings that much higher, but then again who knows.

BQ: Yeah I see that all the time. When I read your stuff I remember your Jerry Lawler avatar so I hear his voice saying your Qs and As. I often wonder if people hear JBLs voice when they read my stuff.

Please answer:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0190753AA0LBaM
John Bradshaw Layfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

komets.geo is on a distinguished road

I think having the ecw guys on will help them some, for the short term. I don't think they will get a big portion of those old ecw fans, because those fans were so turned off by the wwe version, that they might never give it a chance again. I think those guys still put on good matches for the most part. It looks like they are going to keep some of them around for awhile anyway. But I don't think they should keep them around for a long time. I think anywhere from 2 to 3 months might be okay for some of them to stay around. If they wanted to get serious about it, and do some house shows with those guys like it was rumored, I think that would be okay also. Maybe they could even turn that other show that is going to be on once or twice a month (I forget the name because the show I watched was bad) and change it to an EV2 show instead. Keep those guys on that show only and run some house shows with them. I would like that better than I liked the other show.

Again I don't think it will be much help for Impact ratings though. Maybe a tenth or 2 at the most.
komets.geo is offline   Reply With Quote