ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What's your definition of a good wrestler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2010, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

cdmnumber1fan N-6 is on a distinguished road
Default What's your definition of a good wrestler?

BQ: Give an example of a good wrestler.
cdmnumber1fan N-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Phillip Lewis is on a distinguished road

i can give GOOD head.
Phillip Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

WWF ATTITUDE? (X9) is on a distinguished road

Great mic skills,good wrestling skills and plays a good heel and face.

BQ: The one that i always use for this is The Rock.
WWF ATTITUDE? (X9) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

randy is on a distinguished road

Anyone thats not in WWE
Old 11 Aug 2010, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

Ziggler Y!A Mafia is on a distinguished road

My definition of a good wrestler is someone who can show a wide range and a variety of talent. He or she can play different roles when needed and are not limited to staying with one character or gimmick. Someone who can expand their moveset as well as perform different moves to keep the viewers watching.

BQ: I would say Chris Jericho or CM Punk. They are both money on the mic, and they know how to put on an entertaining match whether they are the heel or the face. They can help push wrestlers and put others over as well as change different gimmicks.
Ziggler Y!A Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOW YOUR ROLE? is on a distinguished road

I'll go with the favorite pick and say Kurt Angle. A guy who has a great arsenal of moves in his repertoire and great technicality to his style. He also has tremendous athleticism and can adapt to any style of wrestler, whether it's powerhouse, luchadore, etc. Not to mention one of the greatest amateur mat games I've ever seen. He can also make any wrestler, even bad, look good.

A good wrestler does not need all of these qualities, but should have some.
KNOW YOUR ROLE? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

ri? ? h?m?l(Y!A Mafia) is on a distinguished road

Good Wrestler- A male or female that can work a good match without depending on your opponent to carry the match, a wrestler that can have good matches with almost anyone, can successfully do his or any moves without botching or making it look ineffective, also a wrestler that can do basic moves, having good mic skills is something extra and charisma is something you have to have to make it too.
ri? ? h?m?l(Y!A Mafia) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 02:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

Random Username is on a distinguished road

Someone who gan go out there every night and give a solid match and get a reaction from the fans. Either a positive one or a negitive one.
Random Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 02:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

1. can work a match in which you never once think This is Fake

2. can cut a promo

3. between matches and Mic work can make you want to kill them or lift them on your shoulders as a hero depending on the role they play

I think those are the big three
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 02:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Tony(My WWE owner)FWSL-15 is on a distinguished road

My definition of a good wrestler is a diva/knockout or superstar, who can keep a match going for at least 10 minutes without commercials going into it, who can keep the fans into the match and who has a variety of moves and who can keep reversals going on to keep fans into the edge of their seats.
Tony(My WWE owner)FWSL-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 02:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Young Noob

Reaper is on a distinguished road

Someone with good mic skills, in ring ability, good as a face/heel, and always has something new when they start getting boring.

John Morrison when he did Starship Pain for the first time I was like WTF where did that come from
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 02:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

TheJonas786 is on a distinguished road

Great mic skills,good wrestling skills, very charismatic and plays a good heel and face.

BQ: The Rock or Stone Cold
TheJonas786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 02:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

25 To Life? {Amie} is on a distinguished road

Definition of a good wrestler = CM Punk

But seriously, there is no real definition but generally I think a good wrestler has to have the whole package.

Technicality - To be good, the wrestler has to be able to wrestle. Techinal wrestling is the root of all, and every match has to have a certain amout of technical in order for it to be good and watchable. Technical is bar far the most intruiging wrestling style and it's where wrestling began. So the wrestler has to have technical ability in ring and not just be a one trick pony or a spot monkey. They have to be able to hold a match and make it flow. Jack Swagger is a good example of a classic technical wrestler.

Psychology - Every wrestler has to have in ring psychology. They have to be able to tell a story whether it;s in the soap opera WWE, or even in the indys. A wrestler has to be able to tell a story when they wrestle or when they talk. They have to have in ring psychology with oppinents and they have to have the ability to make a match work.

Trust - Trust is one of the biggest factors in creating a good wrestler in my opinion because in wrestling you need to have a lot of trust in the people around you. Whether it's in WWE and the stories. You have to trust what writers write for you and you have to trust in them. You have to trust your opponents in ring because a move can go wrong at any time, but you have to trust your opponent and not be scared of getting hurt. If you have trust then in my opinion you can reach a higher level.

Charisma - You do need to have some form of charisma. There are some people in life who are just naturally stale and they have no real personality. If you have that in wrestling then you get nowhere because wrestling is sometimes about interacting with fans and tellling a story. Even in the indys where it isn't so much of a soap opera like WWE you still need to have personality and make a character our of yourself.

All this a more. It's hard to pin point a reason, but I feel these are probably the main factors. You have to be able to wrestle, you have to be versatile. You have to trust the people around you. You need personality and charisma to interact on any level. You need technical ability. You have to know your stuff in ring and you cant succeed by just being a one trick pony and just punching people. You have to have in ring ability obviously.

BQ: Already answered that, CM Punk. Jack Swagger.
25 To Life? {Amie} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 02:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Ash667 is on a distinguished road

good mic skills,plays their character well whether it's heel or face,exciting to watch in the ring,good ring skills overall......personally my favorites are the high-flyers
Ash667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2010, 03:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Romeo370Z is on a distinguished road

Someone with experience, that can fight and that can't lose, you see people practice to get better but pros practice to never fail...

BQ: The undertaker wins almost every time, he has been in the WWE from the start that means that he has experience and actually he fights good and his character is needed in the WWE company
Romeo370Z is offline   Reply With Quote