ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you think RAW Main Event matches shouldn't necessarily involve main event superstars?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Aug 2010, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Lord of Darkness is on a distinguished road
Default Do you think RAW Main Event matches shouldn't necessarily involve main event superstars?

There was a time where you could see cruiserweight, mid card or even hardcore wrestlers/matches in the main event of RAW/SmackDown.
The Lord of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2010, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Steven Noriega is on a distinguished road

Raw main event matches should definately involve the more popular superstars. General managers tend to do that to keep the viewer watching the show and attract other viewers.
Steven Noriega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2010, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Adam Moysen is on a distinguished road

Definitely! both raw and smackdown have such talented superstars that dont get any where near as much spotlight as they truly deserve! yoshi tatsu, jtg, evan bourne, matt hardy, john morrison, cody rhodes... to name a mere few!
Adam Moysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2010, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Human Suplex Machine(Warrior) is on a distinguished road

Well a couple weeks ago that didnt have a Main eventers main event the night when cena and barrett were suppost to shake hands the last match of the evening was Alica Fox vs Eve
Human Suplex Machine(Warrior) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2010, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

sharpshooter (X9) is on a distinguished road

Well, i think WWE Superstars covers that, mid-carders in the main event, but I agree. I mean, to appeal to the fans, its important to use a big name, but WWE can draw a lot of attention for having a mid-carder in the main event. Biggest one I saw of lately was putting Evan Bourne in the match with Cena against Sheamus and Edge. Who wasn't thrill to see that? Putting the little guy in the main event is a good way of giving them a push. With Smackdown, I'm okay. Sometimes, the mid-carders do get the last match and do really well. So it doesn't have to, but Raw just has so many big names main eventers, I think they kind of have to find use for them. And I'm gonna be honest, its really stupid because its usually for storyline purposes. In house shows, its great, but really obvious on the outcome, but on televised shows, the main event on Raw is always ruined due to interference in order to push storylines, so for Raw, its kind of.....stupid. Smackdown, is some what similar, but they usually interfere after the match. At least with a mid-carder mainevent no one cares about, you can expect a match, but with a main eventer main event, you kind of have to expect something to interfere.
sharpshooter (X9) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2010, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Brianna is on a distinguished road

Well I think so, because all of the Mid Card Superstars who end up in Main Event matches sooner or later become Main Eventers themselves. A good example of that would be someone like Evan Bourne, who I think is still getting a push.
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote